Fresh Sage & Dry: Equivalents?

Old 31-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Al Fresco
Usenet poster

Default Fresh Sage & Dry: Equivalents?

If I have a recipe that calls for sage, and I decide to use fresh sage
instead of dried, what's the conversion ratio?
Old 31-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Wayne Boatwright
Usenet poster

On Mon 31 Jan 2005 08:58:26a, Al Fresco wrote in rec.food.cooking:

If I have a recipe that calls for sage, and I decide to use fresh sage
instead of dried, what's the conversion ratio?

As with most fresh/dried herbs, 3/1.

Wayne
Old 31-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Gal Called J.J.
Usenet poster

One time on Usenet, Al Fresco said:

If I have a recipe that calls for sage, and I decide to use fresh sage
instead of dried, what's the conversion ratio?

I don't know about sage in particular, but I seem to recall that one
tablespoon of fresh herbs equals one teaspoon of dried. Can anyone
verify this?

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is