Nancree

Default Aluminum foil, line oven bottom--conflicting advice

This site wants to have it Both Ways:
http://www.premierrange.com/faq-aluminumfoil.htm

"Aluminum foil can affect oven performance if used incorrectly. If desired, a
sheet of aluminum foil may be placed on the floor of the oven UNDER the bake
element. Be sure the foil does not touch the bake element.

Do not line oven bottom with foil or other liners. It could affect the quality
of your baking."
-----------------
Pfft! A lot of help You are !
Nancree (Pulling her hair out in frustration)

A lot of help YOU are! Pfft !

Member

I say line if you like. The foil will help to keep the oven easier to clean. A clean oven reflects heat inward... Why waste energy heating up the bottom of the oven any more than necessary...

I have stainless and enamel roasting pans. Believe me the color makes a difference in the way a roaster cooks. The oven finish could do the same I suppose...

I guess a nice dirty oven might be less likely to burn the bottom of a cake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancree
This site wants to have it Both Ways:
http://www.premierrange.com/faq-aluminumfoil.htm

"Aluminum foil can affect oven performance if used incorrectly. If desired, a
sheet of aluminum foil may be placed on the floor of the oven UNDER the bake
element. Be sure the foil does not touch the bake element.

Do not line oven bottom with foil or other liners. It could affect the quality
of your baking."
Pfft! A lot of help You are !
Nancree (Pulling her hair out in frustration)

A lot of help YOU are! Pfft !

foil on bottom of oven? Peter General Cooking 16 24-11-2006 06:12 PM
Need advice: How to remove melted aluminum from oven Sam Cooking Equipment 1 21-10-2005 02:08 AM
Building preferments - conflicting Hamelman advice? Felix Karpfen Sourdough 10 31-08-2005 06:36 AM
aluminum foil Don Saklad Historic 7 26-10-2003 03:19 AM
aluminum foil Don Saklad Cooking Equipment 4 24-10-2003 01:49 AM