Buck Turgidson

Default Cuisinart or KitchenAid?

The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between the big
KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or horror stories on
either brand?

Levelwave©

PENMART01 wrote:

> Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to decide for herself...
> you mean she's actually dumber than you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly
> *******.

....so I take it you prefer Cuisinart?

~john
Buck Turgidson

> Turgid, eh... prick!
>
> >The wife wants a new food processor.

> THE wife... is that like THE dog... oh, your dog is actually refered to by
> name; Killer!
>
> > We can't decide

> Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to decide for

herself...
> you mean she's actually dumber than you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly
> *******.

Wow, did you go off your meds or something? Thanks for no help.

Felice Friese

"Buck Turgidson" > wrote in message
s.com...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between the big
> KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or horror stories on
> either brand?

If "the wife" wants a new food processor (and if "the wife" is the one who
uses it) why doesn't "the wife" decide?

If my husband ever referred to me as "the wife" I'd decide which processor
to get but he'd end up in it.

Cuisinart.

Felice

What I love about Sheldon:

You never know when he'll pop in and crack you up.

Here I was, just browsing through the newsgroup. I read Buck's message,
and hit the button to go to the first reply. I fully expected to get
somebody who wuld give an opinion that I would file away in the back of
my head for later, if/when I am in the market.

Instead, I get Sheldon unloading, in an explicit, profane manner. It
just cracks me up.

Keep up the good work, Shel.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

In rec.food.cooking, Levelwave? > wrote:
> PENMART01 wrote:

> > Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to decide for herself...
> > you mean she's actually dumber than you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly
> > *******.

> ...so I take it you prefer Cuisinart?

Where did you get that? He's obviously a KitchenAid man. Can't you
read?

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who
PENMART01

> "Felice Friese" writes:
>
>>"Buck Turgidson" wrote:
>>
>> The wife wants a new food processor. >>We can't decide

>If "the wife" wants a new food processor (and if "the wife" is the one who
>uses it) why doesn't "the wife" decide?
>
>If my husband ever referred to me as "the wife" I'd decide which processor
>to get but he'd end up in it.

Thank you... I hate that redneck term.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

> "Felice Friese" writes:
>
>>"Buck Turgidson" wrote:
>>
>> The wife wants a new food processor. >>We can't decide

>If "the wife" wants a new food processor (and if "the wife" is the one who
>uses it) why doesn't "the wife" decide?
>
>If my husband ever referred to me as "the wife" I'd decide which processor
>to get but he'd end up in it.

Thank you... I hate that redneck term.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"PENMART01" > wrote in message

> Thank you... I hate that redneck term.

Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute" rather than
objectifying.

rona

Nancy Young

Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:

> Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute" rather than
> objectifying.

Up there with The little woman. Grrr.

At any rate, I doubt many people have experience with both ... who
goes out and buys two different food processors so they can really
give an opinion one way or another. I'm happy with my Cuisinart.
Perhaps consumer reports has rated them in the near past?

nancy
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Buck Turgidson" > wrote in message
s.com...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between the big
> KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or horror stories on
> either brand?

Fine Cooking did a test and Cuisinart edged out KitchenAid by the slimmest
margin. However, the KitchenAid comes with more attachments (different
kinds of discs) and a mini-bowl. Consider what you'll be using it for
most--if you might be using it for small batches then the KitchenAid might
be a better buy for you because of that mini-bowl.
rona

Anthony

"Buck Turgidson" > wrote in message
s.com...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between the big
> KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or horror stories on
> either brand?

Can't give you a comparison. I went with the Kitchenaid Professional - I've
been pleased with it and I particularly like the mini bowl which is just
right for making mayo.

hahabogus

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in
:

> "PENMART01" > wrote in message
>>
>> Thank you... I hate that redneck term.
>>

> Sad thing is, many people who use it think it's "cute" rather than
> objectifying.
>
> rona

I prefer Wifie but that term is relagated for use to describe the ex only.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.

A.C.

"Buck Turgidson" > wrote in message
s.com...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between the big
> KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or horror stories on
> either brand?

evidently you didn't use the proper term to satisfy these people buck. i say
****em'. there are tons of microcultures around the world, with tons of
colloquial expressions. i've heard that term to used before and there was no
disrespect intended.

ac

Pan Ohco

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:39:14 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>I prefer Wifie but that term is relagated for use to describe the ex only.

Your a hell of a lot nicer then I am.
My ex's name is B--ch.
Pan Ohco
Levelwave©

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> And "Wifey-Pooh" is what one would call her boyfriend's wife....!

What about you women that like to refer to your SO has *the hubby*!?!

Guilty as Charged

*sf*

http://tinyurl.com/25cpu

*LIMEY01*

http://tinyurl.com/ytnun

*Goomba*

http://tinyurl.com/25rrd

*j*ni* (mom - gamer - cook)

http://tinyurl.com/3epwx

*Rick & Cindi* (never could figure out who was who)

http://tinyurl.com/2y9cz

*Nexis*

http://tinyurl.com/2qbs7

*MareCat*

http://tinyurl.com/ysbq8

Virginia

http://tinyurl.com/22lhx
sf

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:28:34 -0600, Pan Ohco
> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:39:14 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:
>

> >I prefer Wifie but that term is relagated for use to describe the ex only.

> Your a hell of a lot nicer then I am.
> My ex's name is B--ch.
> Pan Ohco

We call our son's ex "the Evil One".

sf

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:53:09 -0600, "Rona Yuthasastrakosol"
> wrote:

> "Buck Turgidson" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> > The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between the big
> > KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or horror stories on
> > either brand?
> >

> Fine Cooking did a test and Cuisinart edged out KitchenAid by the slimmest
> margin. However, the KitchenAid comes with more attachments (different
> kinds of discs) and a mini-bowl. Consider what you'll be using it for
> most--if you might be using it for small batches then the KitchenAid might
> be a better buy for you because of that mini-bowl.
> rona

We're talking one cup or less, right? I have a separate
mini-bowl processor.... easy to use and easy to clean.

Nancy Young

Levelwave© wrote:

> Sheryl Rosen wrote:
>
> > And "Wifey-Pooh" is what one would call her boyfriend's wife....!

> What about you women that like to refer to your SO has *the hubby*!?!

(shudder) We've been through that one in the past, too. But it's
funny that you went to the trouble to hunt down all the guilty
parties.

nancy

Buck Turgidson > wrote:
> > Turgid, eh... prick!
> >
> > >The wife wants a new food processor.

> > THE wife... is that like THE dog... oh, your dog is actually refered to by
> > name; Killer!
> >
> > > We can't decide

> > Hmm... now it's We... why can't you *permit* your wife to decide for

> herself...
> > you mean she's actually dumber than you... you ignorant redneck hillybilly
> > *******.

> Wow, did you go off your meds or something? Thanks for no help.

That is just one of Sheldon's hot buttons. He clearly would
never want to offend women in any way, so he always challenges
anyone who uses the expression "the wife." He's a paragon.

Now, in another thread in a different newsgroup there was
a recent discussion about this very topic. It was claimed
that the new Cuisinart machines are not up to the old standard
and that the company that used to make the old Cuisinart (RobotCoupe)
is now making the KitchenAid food processors. I can not vouch
for the accuracy of this claim, just repeating what I heard.
Check out rec.food.cooking.equipment for the original thread.

As a bit of personal experience, we purchased a KitchenAid food
processor about 6 months ago; not the largest model, the mid
sized one. It is used almost daily in the course of candy
making. We chop nuts and other ingredients with no problems.
It's probably a little small for really heavy use, like kneading
bread dough, but for us it handles anything we have needed
to do with it.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

Jack Schidt®

"Buck Turgidson" > wrote in message
s.com...
> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between the big
> KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or horror stories on
> either brand?

I've been using a KA for a few years now without complaint of loss of P.O.E.

Jack D Ripper

kalanamak

Buck Turgidson wrote:

> The wife wants a new food processor. We can't decide between the big
> KitchenAid or the Cuisinart Classic. Any opinions or horror stories on
> either brand?

I've had a cuisinart I've abused for years now. My Kitchenaid *blender*
died within a year.
blacksalt
Snowfeet1

I've had a Cuisinart for years and love it.
Blair P. Houghton

Buck Turgidson > wrote:
>Wow, did you go off your meds or something? Thanks for no help.

There isn't enough chewable aspirin in the world for
Sheldon ever to be "on his meds".

--Blair
"He's the reason killfiles get fixed."