Freezing Noodle Soup?????

Old 24-01-2005, 07:45 PM
TOM KAN PA
Usenet poster

Default Freezing Noodle Soup?????

Can Chicken Noodle (homemade) soup be successfully frozen?
I mean, will the thawed soup be satisfactory, or will the noodles leave a lot
to be disired in texture.

Old 24-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Vox Humana
Usenet poster

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Can Chicken Noodle (homemade) soup be successfully frozen?
I mean, will the thawed soup be satisfactory, or will the noodles leave a

lot
to be disired in texture.

It freezes just fine.

Old 24-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Margaret Suran
Usenet poster

TOM KAN PA wrote:
Can Chicken Noodle (homemade) soup be successfully frozen?
I mean, will the thawed soup be satisfactory, or will the noodles leave a lot
to be disired in texture.

I have frozen chicken soup with noodles (egg and without eggs in the
dough), with matzo balls, with rice and with kreplach. I have never
had any problem with the texture or taste when I thawed the soup and
served it. HOWEVER, do not freeze the cooked vegetables. Neither
carrots, nor celery, nor potatoes are good once they were frozen.

Old 25-01-2005, 01:20 AM
Sam D.
Usenet poster

"Margaret Suran" wrote in message

TOM KAN PA wrote:
Can Chicken Noodle (homemade) soup be successfully frozen?
I mean, will the thawed soup be satisfactory, or will the noodles

leave a lot
to be disired in texture.

I have frozen chicken soup with noodles (egg and without eggs in the
dough), with matzo balls, with rice and with kreplach. I have never
had any problem with the texture or taste when I thawed the soup and
served it. HOWEVER, do not freeze the cooked vegetables. Neither
carrots, nor celery, nor potatoes are good once they were frozen.

My experience with freezing soups has been different. I found that the
texture of cooked noodles and potatoes deteriorates from freezing but
chopped vegetables like carrots, celery, onion and bell peppers seem
to hold up OK when they are frozen in the soup