FoodBanter.com

-   -   Freezing Noodle Soup????? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/52453-freezing-noodle-soup.html)

TOM KAN PA 24-01-2005 08:45 PM

Freezing Noodle Soup?????

Can Chicken Noodle (homemade) soup be successfully frozen?
I mean, will the thawed soup be satisfactory, or will the noodles leave a lot
to be disired in texture.

Vox Humana 24-01-2005 08:57 PM

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> Can Chicken Noodle (homemade) soup be successfully frozen?
> I mean, will the thawed soup be satisfactory, or will the noodles leave a

lot
> to be disired in texture.

It freezes just fine.

Margaret Suran 24-01-2005 09:03 PM

TOM KAN PA wrote:
> Can Chicken Noodle (homemade) soup be successfully frozen?
> I mean, will the thawed soup be satisfactory, or will the noodles leave a lot
> to be disired in texture.

I have frozen chicken soup with noodles (egg and without eggs in the
dough), with matzo balls, with rice and with kreplach. I have never
had any problem with the texture or taste when I thawed the soup and
served it. HOWEVER, do not freeze the cooked vegetables. Neither
carrots, nor celery, nor potatoes are good once they were frozen.

Sam D. 25-01-2005 02:20 AM

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message

> TOM KAN PA wrote:
> > Can Chicken Noodle (homemade) soup be successfully frozen?
> > I mean, will the thawed soup be satisfactory, or will the noodles

leave a lot
> > to be disired in texture.
> >

> I have frozen chicken soup with noodles (egg and without eggs in the
> dough), with matzo balls, with rice and with kreplach. I have never
> had any problem with the texture or taste when I thawed the soup and
> served it. HOWEVER, do not freeze the cooked vegetables. Neither
> carrots, nor celery, nor potatoes are good once they were frozen.

My experience with freezing soups has been different. I found that the
texture of cooked noodles and potatoes deteriorates from freezing but
chopped vegetables like carrots, celery, onion and bell peppers seem
to hold up OK when they are frozen in the soup