chris

Default Which food - if any - is good for the ear?

I've heard that carrots are supposed to be good for the eyes, but is
there any vegetable - or other food - that's good for the ears? I
have a very slight hearing loss, and I'm wondering if there are any
foods I could eat to improve my hearing. I realize that a nutritious
well-balanced diet is necessary for good health overall, but does
anyone know of a food that is especially good for the ears?

thanks for any thoughts..
chris
PaulaGarlic

"chris" > wrote in message
om...
> I've heard that carrots are supposed to be good for the eyes, but is
> there any vegetable - or other food - that's good for the ears? I
> have a very slight hearing loss, and I'm wondering if there are any
> foods I could eat to improve my hearing. I realize that a nutritious
> well-balanced diet is necessary for good health overall, but does
> anyone know of a food that is especially good for the ears?
>
> thanks for any thoughts..
> chris

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever heard of any food, herbs or
nutritional whatnot that are recommended for overall ear health. I do know
that garlic is good for the ears...if you eat a lot of it. For about seven
or eight years, I had some sort of on-and-off-again ear infection. This was
about six years ago and I don't remember what it was called. I was given
some drops for it, but they didn't do a great deal. It was rather painful,
whatever it was. But since I started adding large quantities of garlic to
my diet, I have not had a single flare-up.

But, now, I am really curious about nutrition and hearing. Thanks for
bringing it up.

Paula
www.tekakwitha.org

Vox Humana

"chris" > wrote in message
om...
> I've heard that carrots are supposed to be good for the eyes, but is
> there any vegetable - or other food - that's good for the ears? I
> have a very slight hearing loss, and I'm wondering if there are any
> foods I could eat to improve my hearing. I realize that a nutritious
> well-balanced diet is necessary for good health overall, but does
> anyone know of a food that is especially good for the ears?
>
> thanks for any thoughts..
> chris

Herbs for hearing loss:
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...=herbs+hearing

PENMART01

>somebozo99 writes:
>
>I've heard that carrots are supposed to be good for the eyes, but is
>there any vegetable - or other food - that's good for the ears? I
>have a very slight hearing loss, and I'm wondering if there are any
>foods I could eat to improve my hearing. I realize that a nutritious
>well-balanced diet is necessary for good health overall, but does
>anyone know of a food that is especially good for the ears?
>
>thanks for any thoughts..

Probably won't improve your hearing but it'll sure keep your ears warm and
protect them from drafts in the nicest kind of way... eat pussy! LOL

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Anthony

"chris" > wrote in message
om...
> I've heard that carrots are supposed to be good for the eyes, but is
> there any vegetable - or other food - that's good for the ears? I
> have a very slight hearing loss, and I'm wondering if there are any
> foods I could eat to improve my hearing. I realize that a nutritious
> well-balanced diet is necessary for good health overall, but does
> anyone know of a food that is especially good for the ears?
>
> thanks for any thoughts..
> chris

Very much doubt it. I have moderate to severe hearing loss and have worn
hearing aids for about ten years; I naturally keep up with what's going on
in the hearing impaired world, and diet ain't on the menu, so to speak. I
strongly advise you to see a good audiologist in order to establish what the
problem is and to see what best to do. And avoid paying for any snake oil
or magic bullets!

BillKirch

>is
>there any vegetable - or other food - that's good for the ears?

##########
What did you say? BG
Katra

In article >,
"Anthony" > wrote:

> "chris" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I've heard that carrots are supposed to be good for the eyes, but is
> > there any vegetable - or other food - that's good for the ears? I
> > have a very slight hearing loss, and I'm wondering if there are any
> > foods I could eat to improve my hearing. I realize that a nutritious
> > well-balanced diet is necessary for good health overall, but does
> > anyone know of a food that is especially good for the ears?
> >
> > thanks for any thoughts..
> > chris

> Very much doubt it. I have moderate to severe hearing loss and have worn
> hearing aids for about ten years; I naturally keep up with what's going on
> in the hearing impaired world, and diet ain't on the menu, so to speak. I
> strongly advise you to see a good audiologist in order to establish what the
> problem is and to see what best to do. And avoid paying for any snake oil
> or magic bullets!

Google first, ask questions later. ;-)

A lot depends on _why_ you are experiencing a hearing loss.

Look for studies/abstracts, not ads.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Tim Challenger

>.... But since I started adding large quantities of garlic to
> my diet, I have not had a single flare-up.

That's probably because everyone who might infect you is staying away.
;-)

--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.
BOB

chris wrote:
> I've heard that carrots are supposed to be good for the eyes, but is
> there any vegetable - or other food - that's good for the ears? I
> have a very slight hearing loss, and I'm wondering if there are any
> foods I could eat to improve my hearing. I realize that a nutritious
> well-balanced diet is necessary for good health overall, but does
> anyone know of a food that is especially good for the ears?
>
> thanks for any thoughts..
> chris

Corn.

chris

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions. My audiologist told me
that my hearing loss is not uncommon, that lots of people gradually
lose their hearing as they age (I'm 38), and that's there's not much
that can be done to stop it. It's very slight so it doesn't
particularly hamper me in any way, I just sometimes have difficulty
hearing very high frequencies of sound.

Anyway, thanks again..
chris