Anwer

Default One pack of yeast?

Hello to all.

In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
etc) is there in one package?

Thanks to all.

Cakelover

Anwer wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb

sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

On my yeast package, it says one package is 1/4oz. equal to 2-1/4
teaspoons.

I tried to make a yeast-bread tonight, but it didn't rise at all. I
bought the yeast 1 week ago. I spread it in warm milk, but it came into
a cluster, but not dissolved at all. I made yeast-bread few years ago.
When I put yeast in warm water, it bubbled, but not this time. The
yeast I used is Active Dry Yeast. It's winter time now so I guess the
rising time is needed longer. Therefore, I put the dough for over 3
hours. When I pour yeast mixture in mixing bowl, it's not warm or hot
at all. Does it matter? Is there any possible reason why the dough
doesn't rise at all? Thanks to all.

Cakelover

Anwer wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb

sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

On my yeast package, it says one package is 1/4oz. equal to 2-1/4
teaspoons.

I tried to make a yeast-bread tonight, but it didn't rise at all. I
bought the yeast 1 week ago. I spread it in warm milk, but it came into
a cluster, but not dissolved at all. I made yeast-bread few years ago.
When I put yeast in warm water, it bubbled, but not this time. The
yeast I used is Active Dry Yeast. It's winter time now so I guess the
rising time is needed longer. Therefore, I put the dough for over 3
hours. When I pour yeast mixture in mixing bowl, it's not warm or hot
at all. Does it matter? Is there any possible reason why the dough
doesn't rise at all? Thanks to all.

Mite

In article .com>,
"Anwer" > wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

1 cake of compressed yeast -> 0.6 oz = 17 g
1 package of dry yeast -> 1.75 tsp = 0.25 oz = 7 g

Mite
http://www.shopncook.com
Mite

In article .com>,
"Anwer" > wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

1 cake of compressed yeast -> 0.6 oz = 17 g
1 package of dry yeast -> 1.75 tsp = 0.25 oz = 7 g

Mite
http://www.shopncook.com

Carol In WI

According to the jar I have, "Fleischman's", it says on the back label, 2
1/4 tsp. Bread Machine Yeast (1/4 oz) = 1 Pkg. Active Dry or RapidRise Yeast
(1/4 oz) = 1Cake Fresh Yeast (0.6 oz). Hope this helps. Carol In WI

Carol In WI

According to the jar I have, "Fleischman's", it says on the back label, 2
1/4 tsp. Bread Machine Yeast (1/4 oz) = 1 Pkg. Active Dry or RapidRise Yeast
(1/4 oz) = 1Cake Fresh Yeast (0.6 oz). Hope this helps. Carol In WI

zxcvbob

Anwer wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

I buy dried yeast in bulk and use a heaping teaspoon for a packet. I
think the actual amount is supposed to be more like 1 1/2 or 2 tsp.

HTH,
Bob

zxcvbob

Anwer wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

I buy dried yeast in bulk and use a heaping teaspoon for a packet. I
think the actual amount is supposed to be more like 1 1/2 or 2 tsp.

HTH,
Bob

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> Anwer wrote:
>
> > Hello to all.
> >
> > In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> > given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> > available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> > etc) is there in one package?
> >
> > Thanks to all.
> >

> I buy dried yeast in bulk and use a heaping teaspoon for a packet. I
> think the actual amount is supposed to be more like 1 1/2 or 2 tsp.
>
> HTH,
> Bob

2-1/4 tsp.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-29-04; Sam I Am!
birthday telling; Thanksgiving 2004; Fanfare, Maestro, please.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> Anwer wrote:
>
> > Hello to all.
> >
> > In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> > given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> > available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> > etc) is there in one package?
> >
> > Thanks to all.
> >

> I buy dried yeast in bulk and use a heaping teaspoon for a packet. I
> think the actual amount is supposed to be more like 1 1/2 or 2 tsp.
>
> HTH,
> Bob

2-1/4 tsp.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-29-04; Sam I Am!
birthday telling; Thanksgiving 2004; Fanfare, Maestro, please.
"Are we going to measure or are we going to cook?" -Food writer
Mimi Sheraton
Chef R. W. Miller

Active Dry Yeast is available in strips of three 1/4 -ounce packets and in
4-ounce jars. One 1/4 -ounce packet of active dry yeast is equal in activity
to one 0.6-ounce cake of yeast. Three 1/4 -ounce packets are equal in
activity to one 2-ounce cake of yeast. A 1/4 -ounce packet of active dry
yeast contains approximately 2-1/2 teaspoons; the measurement will not be
exact as yeast is packaged according to weight rather than volume. A packet
of yeast is sufficient to raise 4 cups, approximately 1-pound, of flour.
"Anwer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello to all.
>
> In almost all recipes of bread baking, we find the amoung of yeast
> given as one/two pack. My problem is that in my country yeast is
> available in large packets, or in jars. How much yeast (1 t sp, tb sp,
> etc) is there in one package?
>
> Thanks to all.

Check for your expiration date on the yeast, for bread recipes using 6
to 9 cups of flour use 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of yeast, use 105 degree
liquid in a pre-warmed bowl or measuring cup and be sure to include
some form of sweetener ( sugar, honey or molassas ) in the liquid for
the yeast to "feed on". Using a fork or small wisk stir the mixture.
Under these conditions your yeast should begin foaming and showing
activity within minutes, if so success. Otherwise pour out mixture and
start over with "fresh yeast". One other thing if you are using bulk
yeast pull it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperture.

Mike