Nancy Young

Default Steve Kramer

Anyone know about where he lives in Thailand?

nancy
jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
> Anyone know about where he lives in Thailand?
>
> nancy

Chiang Mai. I got an email from him last week; he's doing fine.

Jill

Nancy Young

jmcquown wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
> > Anyone know about where he lives in Thailand?

> Chiang Mai. I got an email from him last week; he's doing fine.

That was last week. Do you know *where* Chiang Mai is?

nzncy
Steve Calvin

Nancy Young wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone know about where he lives in Thailand?

>>Chiang Mai. I got an email from him last week; he's doing fine.

> That was last week. Do you know *where* Chiang Mai is?
>
> nzncy

Check out:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...d/thailand.htm

--
Steve

It's not a good idea to squat while wearing spurs.
Steve Calvin

Nancy Young wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone know about where he lives in Thailand?

>>Chiang Mai. I got an email from him last week; he's doing fine.

> That was last week. Do you know *where* Chiang Mai is?
>
> nzncy

Check out:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...d/thailand.htm

--
Steve

It's not a good idea to squat while wearing spurs.

Nancy Young

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> > That was last week. Do you know *where* Chiang Mai is?

> Check out:
> http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...d/thailand.htm

Thank you! I'm relieved. I assumed he lived near the ocean since
he is a big scuba diver, as you all know. Appreciate you looking
that up for me.

nancy
Nancy Young

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> > That was last week. Do you know *where* Chiang Mai is?

> Check out:
> http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...d/thailand.htm

Thank you! I'm relieved. I assumed he lived near the ocean since
he is a big scuba diver, as you all know. Appreciate you looking
that up for me.

nancy
jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> That was last week. Do you know *where* Chiang Mai is?

>> Check out:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...d/thailand.htm

> Thank you! I'm relieved. I assumed he lived near the ocean since
> he is a big scuba diver, as you all know. Appreciate you looking
> that up for me.
>
> nancy

As soon as I posted it I wondered "was she asking ABOUT Chiang Mai or
whereabouts Steve lives"? LOL

It's northern Thailand up in the hill country. Beautiful there. He
photographs a lot of the hill tribe people in their colourful native
costumes.

Jill

Steve Calvin

jmcquown wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>>Steve Calvin wrote:

>>>Check out:
>>>

> http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mapshell...d/thailand.htm
>
>>Thank you! I'm relieved. I assumed he lived near the ocean since
>>he is a big scuba diver, as you all know. Appreciate you looking
>>that up for me.
>>
>>nancy

> As soon as I posted it I wondered "was she asking ABOUT Chiang Mai or
> whereabouts Steve lives"? LOL
>
> It's northern Thailand up in the hill country. Beautiful there. He
> photographs a lot of the hill tribe people in their colourful native
> costumes.
>
> Jill

Agreed. He does take some very interesting photos. For those who would
like to check some at you can find some of his work at:
http://www.seatraveler.com/gallery.htm

--
Steve

It's not a good idea to squat while wearing spurs.
PENMART01

>Nancy Young barely writes:
>
>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>> > Anyone know about where he lives in Thailand?

>> Chiang Mai. I got an email from him last week; he's doing fine.

>That was last week. Do you know *where* Chiang Mai is?
>
>nzncy

Hmm, someone celebrated hard, can't even get her eyes un-twisted enough to type
her own name. <G>

Chiang Mai or Chiengmai [jyeng'€“] , city (1990 pop. 164,902), capital of
Chiang Mai prov., N Thailand, on the Ping River, near the Myanmar border. It is
Thailand's fifth largest city and the economic, cultural, and religious center
of the northern provinces. The terminus of a railroad from Bangkok, Chiang Mai
is also linked to the capital by air and highway. The city is a shipping point
for the agricultural products of the surrounding region. Long the center of
Thailand's teak industry, Chiang Mai also produces silver and wood articles,
pottery, and silk and cotton goods. Tourism is a growing industry. Chiang Mai's
population is mainly Lao. The city, a center of a Lao kingdom from the 11th
cent., became after the 14th cent. a target of dispute between the Burmese and
the Siamese. The Burmese invasions ceased in the 19th cent., and Chiang Mai was
fully incorporated into Thailand. The city consists of an 18th-century walled
town on the right bank of the Ping and a new town on the left bank that
developed around the railroad station. The Univ. of Chiang Mai (1963), a
teachers college, and a technical institute are in the city.

The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2004, Columbia
University Press.
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

jmcquown

PENMART01 wrote:
>> Nancy Young barely writes:
>>
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Chiang Mai. I got an email from him last week; he's doing fine.

>> That was last week. Do you know *where* Chiang Mai is?
>>
>> nzncy

> Hmm, someone celebrated hard, can't even get her eyes un-twisted
> enough to type her own name. <G>

Silly, her fingers are taped together! (I'm not kidding)

Jill

> Chiang Mai or Chiengmai [jyeng'-] , city (1990 pop. 164,902), capital
> of Chiang Mai prov., N Thailand, on the Ping River, near the Myanmar
> border. It is Thailand's fifth largest city and the economic,
> cultural, and religious center of the northern provinces. The
> terminus of a railroad from Bangkok, Chiang Mai is also linked to the
> capital by air and highway. The city is a shipping point for the
> agricultural products of the surrounding region. Long the center of
> Thailand's teak industry, Chiang Mai also produces silver and wood
> articles, pottery, and silk and cotton goods. Tourism is a growing
> industry. Chiang Mai's population is mainly Lao. The city, a center
> of a Lao kingdom from the 11th cent., became after the 14th cent. a
> target of dispute between the Burmese and the Siamese. The Burmese
> invasions ceased in the 19th cent., and Chiang Mai was fully
> incorporated into Thailand. The city consists of an 18th-century
> walled town on the right bank of the Ping and a new town on the left
> bank that developed around the railroad station. The Univ. of Chiang
> Mai (1963), a teachers college, and a technical institute are in the
> city.
>
> The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2004,
> Columbia University Press.
> ---
>
> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Nancy Young

PENMART01 wrote:

> >Nancy Young barely writes:
> >
> >jmcquown wrote:

> >> Chiang Mai. I got an email from him last week; he's doing fine.

> >That was last week. Do you know *where* Chiang Mai is?
> >
> >nzncy

> Hmm, someone celebrated hard, can't even get her eyes un-twisted enough to type
> her own name. <G>

(laugh) It was a struggle to type as much as I did. I have a hurt
pinky, it thought it had reached the a.

Thanks for the info.

nzncy (harrr)
nancree

Has anyone been able to reach Steve Kramer since the tsunami? Both
times I tried, the message didn't go through . I received a message
saying :
"Undeliverable mail. Invalid final delivery userid:
"

I'm wondering if the Web system isn't working there because of the
earthquake, or ??? I'd be relieved to hear that anyone has either
heard from him, or sent an email that was *not* rejected.
TIA Nancree

jmcquown

nancree wrote:
> Has anyone been able to reach Steve Kramer since the tsunami? Both
> times I tried, the message didn't go through . I received a message
> saying :
> "Undeliverable mail. Invalid final delivery userid:
> "
>
> I'm wondering if the Web system isn't working there because of the
> earthquake, or ??? I'd be relieved to hear that anyone has either
> heard from him, or sent an email that was *not* rejected.
> TIA Nancree

My email to him over an hour ago has not bounced back yet so I'm hoping
he'll get it.

Jill

jmcquown

nancree wrote:
> Has anyone been able to reach Steve Kramer since the tsunami? Both
> times I tried, the message didn't go through . I received a message
> saying :
> "Undeliverable mail. Invalid final delivery userid:
> "
>
> I'm wondering if the Web system isn't working there because of the
> earthquake, or ??? I'd be relieved to hear that anyone has either
> heard from him, or sent an email that was *not* rejected.
> TIA Nancree

My email to him over an hour ago has not bounced back yet so I'm hoping
he'll get it.

Jill

jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
> Anyone know about where he lives in Thailand?
>
> nancy

I got an email from him at 3:00 AM. He and Nobuko are fine. They felt the
quake but nothing fell off the shelves. They were thankfully not on a dive
trip so obviously the tsunami had no affect up in the northern hill country.

Jill