Can I rebake?

Old 23-12-2004, 06:27 PM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

Default Can I rebake?

I made a new recipe last night for cranberry squares and followed the
directions exactly - baked at 325 degrees for 50 minutes until a
toothpick came out clean. The recipe called for cooling completely
before cutting, so did not sample until this morning. They are gooey in
the middle and obviously underbaked, kind of like brownies. I've never
had them before, and they are actually quite good, but still, obviously
undercooked. Do you think I could rebake them?

Old 24-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Nancree
Usenet poster

I think you should just serve them with ice cream. That will complement the
gooey quality. People will love it!

---------------------
Serve *what* with ice cream? (you didn't post the original question). Anyway,
enjoy it, and put Two scoops of ice cream on whatever it is you're writing
about. Cheers and Merry Christmas.
Nancree
Old 24-12-2004, 02:12 AM
DJS0302
Usenet poster

I made a new recipe last night for cranberry squares and followed the
directions exactly - baked at 325 degrees for 50 minutes until a
toothpick came out clean. The recipe called for cooling completely
before cutting, so did not sample until this morning. They are gooey in
the middle and obviously underbaked, kind of like brownies. I've never
had them before, and they are actually quite good, but still, obviously
undercooked. Do you think I could rebake them?

No, you'll just end up toasting them and making biscotti. Besides, how do you
know they're not suppose to be gooey?
Old 24-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Andrew H. Carter
Usenet poster

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:27:10 -0800, scribbled some
thoughts:

I made a new recipe last night for cranberry squares and followed the
directions exactly - baked at 325 degrees for 50 minutes until a
toothpick came out clean. The recipe called for cooling completely
before cutting, so did not sample until this morning. They are gooey in
the middle and obviously underbaked, kind of like brownies. I've never
had them before, and they are actually quite good, but still, obviously
undercooked. Do you think I could rebake them?

This version sounds like a cobbler

http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/71817.asp

INGREDIENTS:

* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup butter or margarine
* 1 egg, beaten
* 2 cups cranberry sauce

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, baking powder and
salt. Cut in the butter or margarine until the lumps are no larger than
peas. Stir in the egg just a little bit, but allow the mixture to stay
somewhat crumbly.
3. Sprinkle half of the mixture in an even layer in the bottom of a 9x13
inch pan. Pack down into a solid crust. Spread the cranberry sauce over the
crust. Crumble the remaining mixture over the cranberry sauce.
4. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden
brown. Cool before slicing into bars.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| () ()
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b | /// \\\
Old 24-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Andrew H. Carter
Usenet poster

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:27:10 -0800, scribbled some
thoughts:

I made a new recipe last night for cranberry squares and followed the
directions exactly - baked at 325 degrees for 50 minutes until a
toothpick came out clean. The recipe called for cooling completely
before cutting, so did not sample until this morning. They are gooey in
the middle and obviously underbaked, kind of like brownies. I've never
had them before, and they are actually quite good, but still, obviously
undercooked. Do you think I could rebake them?

This version sounds like a cobbler

http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/71817.asp

INGREDIENTS:

* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup butter or margarine
* 1 egg, beaten
* 2 cups cranberry sauce

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, baking powder and
salt. Cut in the butter or margarine until the lumps are no larger than
peas. Stir in the egg just a little bit, but allow the mixture to stay
somewhat crumbly.
3. Sprinkle half of the mixture in an even layer in the bottom of a 9x13
inch pan. Pack down into a solid crust. Spread the cranberry sauce over the
crust. Crumble the remaining mixture over the cranberry sauce.
4. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden
brown. Cool before slicing into bars.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| () ()
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------