can I freeze stroganoff?

Old 03-03-2004, 01:03 AM
JLove98905
Usenet poster

Default can I freeze stroganoff?

I made a large batch of beef stroganoff. I fear I'll get sick of it before I
can finish it off. Can it be frozen (not the noodles, just the sauce)?

-Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Old 03-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Kswck
Usenet poster

"JLove98905" wrote in message
I made a large batch of beef stroganoff. I fear I'll get sick of it before

can finish it off. Can it be frozen (not the noodles, just the sauce)?

-Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

I believe you can. The milk products are cooked so there should be no
problem. Someone correct me if I am wrong-but tell me why as well.

Old 03-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Laura
Usenet poster

before adding the sour cream you could freeze some. A GF used to freeze is
after. She said, looks bad, tastes fine. I eat with my eyes though so I
passed.

--
Laura

GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

Subject: can I freeze stroganoff?
From: OSPAM (JLove98905)

-------------------------------
Good question. Usually milk products, such as sour cream, separate and

appear
curdled after freezing and defrosting. Let us know.
Nancree

Old 03-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Barry Grau
Usenet poster

"Laura" wrote in message ...
before adding the sour cream you could freeze some. A GF used to freeze is
after. She said, looks bad, tastes fine. I eat with my eyes though so I
passed.

Yes, but do you drink with your eyes?

--
Laura

GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

We already have a cabbagehead for President.

-bwg
Drink to me only with thine eyes,
And I will pledge with mine.
-Ben Jonson