Rose's Lime Cordial <-> Rose's Lime Juice - what's the difference?

Old 21-12-2004, 01:51 AM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

Default Rose's Lime Cordial <-> Rose's Lime Juice - what's the difference?

http://www.mottsinteractive.com/roses_descrip.cfm

I can't even find the Lime Cordial listed as one of the 4 Rose's
products, yet I have a bottle of it, bought a few weeks ago.

So what's the difference? Are they the same, or not?
Why isin't listed on the above web-link?

Old 22-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Arri London
Usenet poster

http://www.mottsinteractive.com/roses_descrip.cfm

I can't even find the Lime Cordial listed as one of the 4 Rose's
products, yet I have a bottle of it, bought a few weeks ago.

So what's the difference? Are they the same, or not?
Why isin't listed on the above web-link?

The lime cordial is a syrup containing sugar as well as lime juice.
The lime juice is just that; juice and perhaps a preservative.
Old 23-12-2004, 02:04 AM
Paul Knorr
Usenet poster

Take a close look at the bottle. If the Lime Cordial that you have
has alcohol in it, then that's the difference. A Lime Cordial is
usually a lime liqueur with lime juice, sugar and a alcohol (usually
vodka) base. Roses lime juice is simply lime juice and sugar with no
alcohol.

-Paul
www.barback.com

Old 23-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Gabby
Usenet poster

"Paul Knorr" wrote in message
Take a close look at the bottle. If the Lime Cordial that you have
has alcohol in it, then that's the difference. A Lime Cordial is
usually a lime liqueur with lime juice, sugar and a alcohol (usually
vodka) base. Roses lime juice is simply lime juice and sugar with no
alcohol.

There's Rose's Lime Cordial which you mix with water or club soda 3:1 to
make a drink then there's Rose's Unsweetened Lime Juice From Concentrate.
Two very different products, neither of them contains alcohol.

Gabby

Old 24-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Arri London
Usenet poster

Paul Knorr wrote:

Take a close look at the bottle. If the Lime Cordial that you have
has alcohol in it, then that's the difference. A Lime Cordial is
usually a lime liqueur with lime juice, sugar and a alcohol (usually
vodka) base. Roses lime juice is simply lime juice and sugar with no
alcohol.

-Paul
www.barback.com

Rose's Lime Cordial doesn't contain alcohol. Cordials were originally
believed to have health-giving properties, especially for the heart;
hence the name. They may or may not contain alcohol.

Old 30-12-2004, 03:52 PM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

Rose's Lime Cordial
(purchased at a grocery store in Ontario, Canada)

736 ml / 26 fl oz. bottle
Product of USA
Trademark of L. Rose and Company
Authorized User: Cadbury Beverages Canada Inc.
Mott's Division, Mississauga Ontario

Ingredients:
Water, Sugar, Concentrated lime juice, citric acid, natural flavors,
sodium metabisuphite, colors.

For free recipies call 1-800-270-9905

Barcode: 065912004119

No alcohol listed on the label (and if it had more than 0.5% alcohol
then it couldn't be sold at the store where it was bought anyway).

So why does the label identify this as "lime cordial" and not "lime
juice"?

Does it go by the name "lime cordial" in the UK, and hence they thought
that it should have the same label in Canada?

Do they think that the customer is looking to make an alcoholic drink
with it (ie a "cordial") and hence they slap the "cordial" label on it,
thinking that "lime juice" would be interpreted as an ordinary cooking
ingredient instead of a component of a mixed drink?

Old 30-12-2004, 05:03 PM
MOMPEAGRAM
Usenet poster

I would think lime juice would have no sugar in it.

oups.com...

Old 30-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Gabby
Usenet poster

"Arri London" wrote in message

http://www.mottsinteractive.com/roses_descrip.cfm

I can't even find the Lime Cordial listed as one of the 4 Rose's
products, yet I have a bottle of it, bought a few weeks ago.

So what's the difference? Are they the same, or not?
Why isin't listed on the above web-link?

The lime cordial is a syrup containing sugar as well as lime juice.
The lime juice is just that; juice and perhaps a preservative.

peanut butter and lime juice Dan Goodman General Cooking 3 29-01-2004 02:23 AM
cooking with Coke Raelene General Cooking 28 09-01-2004 11:19 PM
Tomato juice fermentation? [email protected] General Cooking 4 10-11-2003 02:52 AM
Key Lime Pie MelissaT Baking 4 07-11-2003 07:55 PM
Key Lime cheesecake thinman Baking 9 30-10-2003 06:03 PM