Crawfish: What to do with precooked, whole crawfish

Old 23-02-2004, 09:28 PM
DoctorK
Usenet poster

Default Crawfish: What to do with precooked, whole crawfish

I discovered last night that the Wal-Mart supercenter in Gates, NY
(near my Rochester home) carries in its seafood department whole,
in-the-shell, cooked crawfish. They don't have any uncooked crawfish.
If I were to have a crawfish boil, how would I prepare (re-heat)
these? They're not frozen. Would I just boil them for a few minutes?
Would that make them too tough?

Thanks,

Doc.
Old 23-02-2004, 09:46 PM
jmcquown
Usenet poster

DoctorK wrote:
I discovered last night that the Wal-Mart supercenter in Gates, NY
(near my Rochester home) carries in its seafood department whole,
in-the-shell, cooked crawfish. They don't have any uncooked crawfish.
If I were to have a crawfish boil, how would I prepare (re-heat)
these? They're not frozen. Would I just boil them for a few minutes?
Would that make them too tough?

Thanks,

Doc.

Yes, you could heat them up that way; toss them in boiling water just long
enough to heat through. Don't overcook or, you're right, they could become
tough.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Jill

Old 23-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Nancree
Usenet poster

A "few minutes" is too long. You just want to defrost and barely heat them
through.
------------------

Old 24-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Erica
Usenet poster

"DoctorK" wrote in message
om...
I discovered last night that the Wal-Mart supercenter in Gates, NY
(near my Rochester home) carries in its seafood department whole,
in-the-shell, cooked crawfish. They don't have any uncooked crawfish.
If I were to have a crawfish boil, how would I prepare (re-heat)
these? They're not frozen. Would I just boil them for a few minutes?
Would that make them too tough?

Why not peel them and make crawfish etouffe out of the meat? Good recipes
for it are easy to find.

--Erica