DoctorK

Default Crawfish: What to do with precooked, whole crawfish

I discovered last night that the Wal-Mart supercenter in Gates, NY
(near my Rochester home) carries in its seafood department whole,
in-the-shell, cooked crawfish. They don't have any uncooked crawfish.
If I were to have a crawfish boil, how would I prepare (re-heat)
these? They're not frozen. Would I just boil them for a few minutes?
Would that make them too tough?

Thanks,

Doc.
jmcquown

DoctorK wrote:
> I discovered last night that the Wal-Mart supercenter in Gates, NY
> (near my Rochester home) carries in its seafood department whole,
> in-the-shell, cooked crawfish. They don't have any uncooked crawfish.
> If I were to have a crawfish boil, how would I prepare (re-heat)
> these? They're not frozen. Would I just boil them for a few minutes?
> Would that make them too tough?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doc.

Yes, you could heat them up that way; toss them in boiling water just long
enough to heat through. Don't overcook or, you're right, they could become
tough.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Jill

Nancree

A "few minutes" is too long. You just want to defrost and barely heat them
through.
------------------

>s seafood department whole,
>in-the-shell, cooked crawfish. They don't have any uncooked crawfish.
> If I were to have a crawfish boil, how would I prepare (re-heat)
>these? They're not frozen. Would I just boil them for a few minutes?
> Would that make them too tough?

Erica

"DoctorK" > wrote in message
om...
> I discovered last night that the Wal-Mart supercenter in Gates, NY
> (near my Rochester home) carries in its seafood department whole,
> in-the-shell, cooked crawfish. They don't have any uncooked crawfish.
> If I were to have a crawfish boil, how would I prepare (re-heat)
> these? They're not frozen. Would I just boil them for a few minutes?
> Would that make them too tough?

Why not peel them and make crawfish etouffe out of the meat? Good recipes
for it are easy to find.

--Erica

Crawfish and Civiche (was: Hot Boiled Pho & Crawfish) Sqwertz General Cooking 46 23-06-2009 10:42 PM
Crawfish for breakfast ! AL General Cooking 12 20-11-2005 09:43 PM
Crawfish ntantiques General Cooking 2 17-06-2005 12:12 PM
Crawfish Creole Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 31-05-2005 06:18 AM