Dave Smith

PENMART01 wrote:

> In my world "drippings" is a venereal disease. . . . well, it's when your meat
> drips!

Once again we must bow to your experience.

Dave Smith

PENMART01 wrote:

> In my world "drippings" is a venereal disease. . . . well, it's when your meat
> drips!

Once again we must bow to your experience.

LOL. Good one. And to answer your question, blood immediately turns
red when it's out of the vein. So "immediately".

>So when I cut myself, how long does the blood have to be exposed to

the
>air to turn from blue to red?

LOL. Good one. And to answer your question, blood immediately turns
red when it's out of the vein. So "immediately".

>So when I cut myself, how long does the blood have to be exposed to

the
>air to turn from blue to red?

PENMART01

>Dave Smith kvells:
>
>PENMART01 wrote:
>
>> In my world "drippings" is a venereal disease. . . . well, it's when your

meat
>> drips!

>Once again we must bow to you

Hmm, somehow I don't think you meant to write that...

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Dave Smith kvells:
>
>PENMART01 wrote:
>
>> In my world "drippings" is a venereal disease. . . . well, it's when your

meat
>> drips!

>Once again we must bow to you

Hmm, somehow I don't think you meant to write that...

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Dave Smith

PENMART01 wrote:

> >Dave Smith kvells:
> >
> >PENMART01 wrote:
> >
> >> In my world "drippings" is a venereal disease. . . . well, it's when your

> meat
> >> drips!

> >Once again we must bow to you

> Hmm, somehow I don't think you meant to write that...

No. I didn't. I meant what I wrote, not what you quoted after snipping.

Dave Smith

PENMART01 wrote:

> >Dave Smith kvells:
> >
> >PENMART01 wrote:
> >
> >> In my world "drippings" is a venereal disease. . . . well, it's when your

> meat
> >> drips!

> >Once again we must bow to you

> Hmm, somehow I don't think you meant to write that...

No. I didn't. I meant what I wrote, not what you quoted after snipping.

Dave Smith

PENMART01 wrote:

> >Dave Smith kvells:
> >
> >PENMART01 wrote:
> >
> >> In my world "drippings" is a venereal disease. . . . well, it's when your

> meat
> >> drips!

> >Once again we must bow to you

> Hmm, somehow I don't think you meant to write that...

Bowing to you? No. That's not what I wrote. But you probably know that, since
you were the one who snipped the rest of the sentence off. I just figured that
you would have more experience with venereal diseases.
..

Dave Smith

PENMART01 wrote:

> >Dave Smith kvells:
> >
> >PENMART01 wrote:
> >
> >> In my world "drippings" is a venereal disease. . . . well, it's when your

> meat
> >> drips!

> >Once again we must bow to you

> Hmm, somehow I don't think you meant to write that...

Bowing to you? No. That's not what I wrote. But you probably know that, since
you were the one who snipped the rest of the sentence off. I just figured that
you would have more experience with venereal diseases.
..

Andrew H. Carter

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:38:15 -0500, Dave Smith
> scribbled some thoughts:

>Bowing to you? No. That's not what I wrote. But you probably know that, since
>you were the one who snipped the rest of the sentence off. I just figured that
>you would have more experience with venereal diseases.

He uses AOL, so that must account for something, especially
since an AOL user cannot figure out how to configure their
DUN to connect to the WWW, Usenet, or Email.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b | /// \\\

Andrew H. Carter

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:38:15 -0500, Dave Smith
> scribbled some thoughts:

>Bowing to you? No. That's not what I wrote. But you probably know that, since
>you were the one who snipped the rest of the sentence off. I just figured that
>you would have more experience with venereal diseases.

He uses AOL, so that must account for something, especially
since an AOL user cannot figure out how to configure their
DUN to connect to the WWW, Usenet, or Email.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b | /// \\\
PENMART01

wrote:

>> LOL. Good one. And to answer your question, blood immediately turns
>> red when it's out of the vein. So "immediately".

>Why doesn't the air in my lungs turn it red?

It does. The freshly oxygenated blood leaving the lungs is red.... I guess
when you drop out of school during the 7th grade you don't learn about veins
and arteries, and how the circulatory system functions.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

wrote:

>> LOL. Good one. And to answer your question, blood immediately turns
>> red when it's out of the vein. So "immediately".

>Why doesn't the air in my lungs turn it red?

It does. The freshly oxygenated blood leaving the lungs is red.... I guess
when you drop out of school during the 7th grade you don't learn about veins
and arteries, and how the circulatory system functions.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Dave Smith

PENMART01 wrote:

> >> LOL. Good one. And to answer your question, blood immediately turns
> >> red when it's out of the vein. So "immediately".

> >Why doesn't the air in my lungs turn it red?

> It does. The freshly oxygenated blood leaving the lungs is red.... I guess
> when you drop out of school during the 7th grade you don't learn about veins
> and arteries, and how the circulatory system functions.

Don't tell me. Tell the guy who claims that blood isn't red until it is exposed
to the air.

Dave Smith

PENMART01 wrote:

> >> LOL. Good one. And to answer your question, blood immediately turns
> >> red when it's out of the vein. So "immediately".

> >Why doesn't the air in my lungs turn it red?

> It does. The freshly oxygenated blood leaving the lungs is red.... I guess
> when you drop out of school during the 7th grade you don't learn about veins
> and arteries, and how the circulatory system functions.

Don't tell me. Tell the guy who claims that blood isn't red until it is exposed
to the air.

Well I think I am wasting my time....but I will repeat:

When blood is EXPOSED TO AIR...OUTSIDE THE VEIN...it turns red. The
Spock reference is downright silly and I won't be responding to you
again.

Hold your breath for 20 minutes and look in a mirror.

Hold your breath for 20 minutes and look in a mirror.

Ariane Jenkins

On 11 Dec 2004 20:18:28 -0800, > wrote:
> Well I think I am wasting my time....but I will repeat:
>
> When blood is EXPOSED TO AIR...OUTSIDE THE VEIN...it turns red. The
> Spock reference is downright silly and I won't be responding to you
> again.

On the slim offchance that you aren't a troll (and for the people
who actually want a real answer), Google for "Why do veins look blue?"
and plenty of websites will pop up with a scientific explanation.
Here's a sample of one:

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mbloodrd.html

In short: Blood is NOT blue until it is exposed to oxygen. It
is red or dark red, depending on how oxygenated it is. But if by
chance the original claimant is a Smurf, then I apologize profusely
and accede that he/she is correct.

Ariane, singing "La LA la la la la, LA la la la laaaaaah..."

Ariane Jenkins

On 11 Dec 2004 20:18:28 -0800, > wrote:
> Well I think I am wasting my time....but I will repeat:
>
> When blood is EXPOSED TO AIR...OUTSIDE THE VEIN...it turns red. The
> Spock reference is downright silly and I won't be responding to you
> again.

On the slim offchance that you aren't a troll (and for the people
who actually want a real answer), Google for "Why do veins look blue?"
and plenty of websites will pop up with a scientific explanation.
Here's a sample of one:

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mbloodrd.html

In short: Blood is NOT blue until it is exposed to oxygen. It
is red or dark red, depending on how oxygenated it is. But if by
chance the original claimant is a Smurf, then I apologize profusely
and accede that he/she is correct.

Ariane, singing "La LA la la la la, LA la la la laaaaaah..."
PENMART01

>Dave Smith writes:
>
>lo-iq_ceroni wrote:
>
>> Hold your breath for 20 minutes and look in a mirror.

>You should stop doing that. It is making you [more] stupid.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
PENMART01