Peter Aitken

Default Are all Non Stick Pans the same

"alan" > wrote in message
> I came across All Clad Pans about 8 years ago and they have been
> bulletproof ! I've picked up a couple of pieces here and there over
> the years and just got myself the coffee urn for the recent holiday
> partys I've been having at the house.
>
> Couple of Lodge cast iron *seasoned* griddles & pans to boot also !
>

> It's time for a nonstick pan or 2. Any recommendations ?

They are definitely not the same. Like with any cookware, paying more gets
you thicker metal, better handles, etc. There are, in my experience, fewer
differences with the non-stick coating but still there are some
differences - better release and longer lasting in the better pans. Two
uncommon brands that I think are the best quality for non-stick are Berndes
and Look. And, while I think the regular calphalon pans are awful, I have
had very good luck with one of their nonstick skillets.

--
Peter Aitken

Remsleep

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
. com...
> "alan" > wrote in message
> Two
> uncommon brands that I think are the best quality for non-stick are
> Berndes
> and Look. And, while I think the regular calphalon pans are awful, I have
> had very good luck with one of their nonstick skillets.

Are the Look and Berndes true non-stick, or are they "less-stick"? My
understanding is that they claim to be usable with metal utensils, which
would argue for the latter -- not that there's anything wrong with that.
FWIW, Delia Smith, doyenne of UK TV cookery, recommends Look for her
nonstick batterie de cuisine.

Remsleep

Peter Aitken

"Remsleep" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > "alan" > wrote in message
> > Two
> > uncommon brands that I think are the best quality for non-stick are
> > Berndes
> > and Look. And, while I think the regular calphalon pans are awful, I

have
> > had very good luck with one of their nonstick skillets.
> >

> Are the Look and Berndes true non-stick, or are they "less-stick"? My
> understanding is that they claim to be usable with metal utensils, which
> would argue for the latter -- not that there's anything wrong with that.
> FWIW, Delia Smith, doyenne of UK TV cookery, recommends Look for her
> nonstick batterie de cuisine.
>
> Remsleep

I think you have them confused with other pans, perhaps the ScanPan. They
are true non-stick and while they may claim that metal utensils can be used,
I would not do so.

--
Peter Aitken