FoodBanter.com

-   -   Freeze dried vs. fresh chives in recipes (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/47011-freeze-dried-vs-fresh.html)

[email protected] 07-12-2004 12:54 AM

Freeze dried vs. fresh chives in recipes

Have any of you noticed any significance in taste and flavor with fresh
vs. freeze dried chives in such recipe types as mashed potatos etc?
Thanks

Peter Aitken 07-12-2004 04:53 PM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Have any of you noticed any significance in taste and flavor with fresh
> vs. freeze dried chives in such recipe types as mashed potatos etc?
> Thanks

Yep. Freeze dried provide green specks with no taste. Fresh provide green
specks with taste.

--
Peter Aitken

Dimitri 07-12-2004 07:39 PM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Have any of you noticed any significance in taste and flavor with fresh
> vs. freeze dried chives in such recipe types as mashed potatos etc?
> Thanks

Yes, Fresh snipped are much better.

Dimitri