Acid Free Orange Juice

Old 04-12-2004, 02:17 AM
timeisnow
Usenet poster

Default Acid Free Orange Juice

My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?
Old 04-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Scotty
Usenet poster

"timeisnow" wrote in message
m...
My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Scott.

Old 04-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Wayne Boatwright
Usenet poster

"Scotty" wrote in news:U19sd.430084$%k.160586@pd7tw2no:

"timeisnow" wrote in message
m...
My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Scott.

No, that's OxyClean. It is totally acid-free.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:25 AM
PENMART01
Usenet poster

"timeisnow" wrote

My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

Actually it should be fairly easy to neutralize the acid in orange juice,
perhaps dissove and antacid in it, like Tums.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Scott.

No, Scott, however you are a MORON!

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Old 04-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Abe
Usenet poster

My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

---------
There was a guy where I used to work that used to add a little packet
of powder to his coffee cup. It was to buffer the acid in the coffee.
I don't remember the name of the stuff, but maybe the same thing can
be used for OJ?
Old 04-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Karen
Usenet poster

"Abe" wrote in message
My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

---------
There was a guy where I used to work that used to add a little packet
of powder to his coffee cup. It was to buffer the acid in the coffee.
I don't remember the name of the stuff, but maybe the same thing can
be used for OJ?

That little packet could have been "Prelief", an acid neutralizer. Here's a
link to the manufacturer's web site:
http://www.akpharma.com/prelief/preliefindex.html

Karen

Old 06-12-2004, 05:59 PM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

In rec.food.cooking, timeisnow wrote:
My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

Orange juice doesn't "have acid in it". It is acidic.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,