Kiwi fruit - frozen?

Old 16-02-2004, 07:39 PM
MurphAssoc
Usenet poster

Default Kiwi fruit - frozen?

Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi
or more, so now am concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on
whether they freeze successfully?
Thanks in advance,
JM
Old 16-02-2004, 07:50 PM
jmcquown
Usenet poster

MurphAssoc wrote:
Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a
dozen kiwi or more, so now am concerned belatedly about spoilage.
Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully?
Thanks in advance,
JM

Don't think so... they'd turn to mush (IMHO)

Jill

Old 16-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Bob (this one)
Usenet poster

MurphAssoc wrote:

Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi
or more, so now am concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on
whether they freeze successfully?

Peel and puree them. Freeze in a container. Instant sherbet. You can
add sugar or cream or any of the other ingredients that find their way
into frozen confections. Or you could make old-fashioned, too many
eggs, too much cream ice cream.

Pastorio

Old 16-02-2004, 11:16 PM
MurphAssoc
Usenet poster

Oooooooh, old fashioned, too many eggs ice cream YUMMMMMMMMMMM and thanks all,
for the ideas.
JM