neurocratic malfunction

Default can digestive enzymes be harmful?

i have a theory about digestive enzymes.

if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.

what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?
Arri London

neurocratic malfunction wrote:

> i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
>
> if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
>
> what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

A definite thinning of the wallet!

Why take them if they haven't been prescribed?
Kay Sepan

I think your theory has merit.

Puester

neurocratic malfunction wrote:

> i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
>
> if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
>
> what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

Nine out of ten doctors believe the pills will cause your
body to begin to digest itself, from the inside out.
There is no antidote.

gloria p
IANAD
Puester

neurocratic malfunction wrote:

> i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
>
> if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
>
> what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

Nine out of ten doctors believe the pills will cause your
body to begin to digest itself, from the inside out.
There is no antidote.

gloria p
IANAD

cashier of cinema

Puester > wrote in message >...
> neurocratic malfunction wrote:
> >
> > i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
> >
> > if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> > to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> > more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
> >
> > what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

> Nine out of ten doctors believe the pills will cause your
> body to begin to digest itself, from the inside out.
> There is no antidote.
>
> gloria p
> IANAD

where did you get this information?

thanks in advance.
cashier of cinema

Puester > wrote in message >...
> neurocratic malfunction wrote:
> >
> > i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
> >
> > if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> > to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> > more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
> >
> > what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

> Nine out of ten doctors believe the pills will cause your
> body to begin to digest itself, from the inside out.
> There is no antidote.
>
> gloria p
> IANAD

where did you get this information?

thanks in advance.
Dee Randall

"Arri London" > wrote in message

> neurocratic malfunction wrote:
> >
> > i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
> >
> > if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> > to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> > more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
> >
> > what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

> A definite thinning of the wallet!
>
> Why take them if they haven't been prescribed?

To go one step further in this logic, would it be possible for one to get
too much vitamins, enzymes, etc. from food? I suppose one could eat one's
way to ill health by otherwise eating healthy, then overindulging in
yoghurt. Might this be your reasoning?
Thanks,

Dee Randall

"Arri London" > wrote in message

> neurocratic malfunction wrote:
> >
> > i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
> >
> > if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> > to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> > more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
> >
> > what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

> A definite thinning of the wallet!
>
> Why take them if they haven't been prescribed?

To go one step further in this logic, would it be possible for one to get
too much vitamins, enzymes, etc. from food? I suppose one could eat one's
way to ill health by otherwise eating healthy, then overindulging in
yoghurt. Might this be your reasoning?
Thanks,

David Wright

In article >,
Dee Randall <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

>"Arri London" > wrote in message
>>
>> neurocratic malfunction wrote:
>> >
>> > i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
>> >
>> > if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
>> > to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
>> > more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
>> >
>> > what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

>> A definite thinning of the wallet!
>>
>> Why take them if they haven't been prescribed?

>To go one step further in this logic, would it be possible for one to get
>too much vitamins, enzymes, etc. from food? I suppose one could eat one's
>way to ill health by otherwise eating healthy, then overindulging in
>yoghurt. Might this be your reasoning?

It can happen with some nutrients and other substances -- eating polar
bear liver can give you a massive overdose of vitamin A, too much
licorice is bad for you due to one of the acids in it, and too much
seafood may cause you to exceed the RDA of mercury :-)

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

David Wright

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

William_Noyes

You don't have a theory, you have an unproven
hypothesis. Over time people tend to produce low
level of digestive enzymes due to AGING.
If you look at how the digestive tract is regulated
your hypothesis doesn't float.
In short, you are wrong. You need to go
read an A&P textbook and then study the
effect of aging on nutrient status.

"neurocratic malfunction" > wrote in message
om...
> i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
>
> if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
>
> what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

William_Noyes

You don't have a theory, you have an unproven
hypothesis. Over time people tend to produce low
level of digestive enzymes due to AGING.
If you look at how the digestive tract is regulated
your hypothesis doesn't float.
In short, you are wrong. You need to go
read an A&P textbook and then study the
effect of aging on nutrient status.

"neurocratic malfunction" > wrote in message
om...
> i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
>
> if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
>
> what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

Dee Randall

"David Wright" > wrote in message
. com...
> In article >,
> Dee Randall <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

> >> A definite thinning of the wallet!
> >>
> >> Why take them if they haven't been prescribed?

> >To go one step further in this logic, would it be possible for one to get
> >too much vitamins, enzymes, etc. from food? I suppose one could eat

one's
> >way to ill health by otherwise eating healthy, then overindulging in
> >yoghurt. Might this be your reasoning?

> It can happen with some nutrients and other substances -- eating polar
> bear liver can give you a massive overdose of vitamin A, too much
> licorice is bad for you due to one of the acids in it, and too much
> seafood may cause you to exceed the RDA of mercury :-)

Licorice is touted for indigestion. (Buy the kind that doesn't cause
elevated hypertension.) I was referring to foods that were naturally good,
not ones with known poisons in them as in seafood. Polar bear liver -- can
you give me another example )

Dee Randall

"David Wright" > wrote in message
. com...
> In article >,
> Dee Randall <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

> >> A definite thinning of the wallet!
> >>
> >> Why take them if they haven't been prescribed?

> >To go one step further in this logic, would it be possible for one to get
> >too much vitamins, enzymes, etc. from food? I suppose one could eat

one's
> >way to ill health by otherwise eating healthy, then overindulging in
> >yoghurt. Might this be your reasoning?

> It can happen with some nutrients and other substances -- eating polar
> bear liver can give you a massive overdose of vitamin A, too much
> licorice is bad for you due to one of the acids in it, and too much
> seafood may cause you to exceed the RDA of mercury :-)

Licorice is touted for indigestion. (Buy the kind that doesn't cause
elevated hypertension.) I was referring to foods that were naturally good,
not ones with known poisons in them as in seafood. Polar bear liver -- can
you give me another example )

Becca

Dee Randall wrote:

> To go one step further in this logic, would it be possible for one to
> get too much vitamins, enzymes, etc. from food?

It can be harmful if you take too much iron or fat soluble vitamins; A,
D, E & K, especially with children.

Digestive enzymes can make you gain weight. I am not sure if it is
harmful other than that.

Becca
Becca

Dee Randall wrote:

> To go one step further in this logic, would it be possible for one to
> get too much vitamins, enzymes, etc. from food?

It can be harmful if you take too much iron or fat soluble vitamins; A,
D, E & K, especially with children.

Digestive enzymes can make you gain weight. I am not sure if it is
harmful other than that.

Becca
Phil Scott

"Arri London" > wrote in message

> neurocratic malfunction wrote:
> >
> > i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
> >
> > if you take it, over time your body will produce less

natural enzymes
> > to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll

need to take
> > more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with

enzyme pills.

> > what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme

pills?

> A definite thinning of the wallet!
>

> Why take them if they haven't been prescribed?

My gastorinterologist was an idiot... treated my ulcer with
emergency surgery etc but didnt get to the cause.. a decline
of human digestive enzyme production with age... after almost
dying ..I tried enzymes... problem about 90% solved...

but I found you can over do the enzymes. I started with 2 a
day and that was fine...but as time went on I needed
less...now I take two or three a week. and less potent ones
at that.

Phil Scott

Dunne E. Dawe

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:19:57 GMT, "Phil Scott"
> posted:

>"Arri London" > wrote in message
>>

>> neurocratic malfunction wrote:
>> >
>> > i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
>> >
>> > if you take it, over time your body will produce less

>natural enzymes
>> > to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll

>need to take
>> > more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with

>enzyme pills.
>> >
>> > what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme

>pills?
>>
>> A definite thinning of the wallet!
>>

>> Why take them if they haven't been prescribed?

> My gastorinterologist was an idiot... treated my ulcer with
>emergency surgery etc but didnt get to the cause.. a decline
>of human digestive enzyme production with age... after almost
>dying ..I tried enzymes... problem about 90% solved...
>

>but I found you can over do the enzymes. I started with 2 a
>day and that was fine...but as time went on I needed
>less...now I take two or three a week. and less potent ones
>at that.
>
>Phil Scott

what enzymes do you think helped you?
David Wright

In article >,
Dee Randall <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

>"David Wright" > wrote in message
.com...
>> In article >,
>> Dee Randall <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

>> >To go one step further in this logic, would it be possible for one to get
>> >too much vitamins, enzymes, etc. from food? I suppose one could eat

>one's
>> >way to ill health by otherwise eating healthy, then overindulging in
>> >yoghurt. Might this be your reasoning?

>> It can happen with some nutrients and other substances -- eating polar
>> bear liver can give you a massive overdose of vitamin A, too much
>> licorice is bad for you due to one of the acids in it, and too much
>> seafood may cause you to exceed the RDA of mercury :-)

>Licorice is touted for indigestion. (Buy the kind that doesn't cause
>elevated hypertension.) I was referring to foods that were naturally good,
>not ones with known poisons in them as in seafood. Polar bear liver -- can
>you give me another example )

It's mostly a question of excess -- if you try to live on carrot
juice, for example, the carotenes will turn you yellow and eventually
you're apt to expire.

Eating a lot of iron-rich foods could be bad for males (elevated risk
of heart attack).

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

montygram

Another thing to consider is stomach acid with pepsin supplements. I
need them to absorb B vitamins. If you are overdoing it with them,
you'll feel a warm or burning sensation, which I've never felt, and
then you can just drink water to neutralize the acid. Don't take
calcium carbonate whatever you do - that can cause acid rebound
effects, and it also actually inhibits your body's ability to absorbe
calcium.

"William_Noyes" > wrote in message m>...
> You don't have a theory, you have an unproven
> hypothesis. Over time people tend to produce low
> level of digestive enzymes due to AGING.
> If you look at how the digestive tract is regulated
> your hypothesis doesn't float.
> In short, you are wrong. You need to go
> read an A&P textbook and then study the
> effect of aging on nutrient status.
>

> "neurocratic malfunction" > wrote in message
> om...
> > i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
> >
> > if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> > to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> > more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
> >
> > what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

montygram

Another thing to consider is stomach acid with pepsin supplements. I
need them to absorb B vitamins. If you are overdoing it with them,
you'll feel a warm or burning sensation, which I've never felt, and
then you can just drink water to neutralize the acid. Don't take
calcium carbonate whatever you do - that can cause acid rebound
effects, and it also actually inhibits your body's ability to absorbe
calcium.

"William_Noyes" > wrote in message m>...
> You don't have a theory, you have an unproven
> hypothesis. Over time people tend to produce low
> level of digestive enzymes due to AGING.
> If you look at how the digestive tract is regulated
> your hypothesis doesn't float.
> In short, you are wrong. You need to go
> read an A&P textbook and then study the
> effect of aging on nutrient status.
>

> "neurocratic malfunction" > wrote in message
> om...
> > i have a theory about digestive enzymes.
> >
> > if you take it, over time your body will produce less natural enzymes
> > to balance the enzymes you've ingested. then, you'll need to take
> > more and more enzymes until you become overloaded with enzyme pills.
> >
> > what are the results of taking too much digestive enzyme pills?

William_Noyes

"David Wright" > wrote in message
. com...
> In article >,
> Dee Randall <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:
> >
> >"David Wright" > wrote in message
> .com...

enzymes

take

pills.

get

> >one's
> >>
> >> It can happen with some nutrients and other substances -- eating polar
> >> bear liver can give you a massive overdose of vitamin A, too much
> >> licorice is bad for you due to one of the acids in it, and too much
> >> seafood may cause you to exceed the RDA of mercury :-)

> >Licorice is touted for indigestion. (Buy the kind that doesn't cause
> >elevated hypertension.) I was referring to foods that were naturally

good,
> >not ones with known poisons in them as in seafood. Polar bear liver --

can
> >you give me another example )

> It's mostly a question of excess -- if you try to live on carrot
> juice, for example, the carotenes will turn you yellow and eventually
> you're apt to expire.

Per nutrition lecture, persons that turn yellow from carotene excess
are often diabetic or low thyroid as I recall.

> Eating a lot of iron-rich foods could be bad for males (elevated risk
> of heart attack).
>
> -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
> These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
> "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
> were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

William_Noyes

"montygram" > wrote in message
om...
> Another thing to consider is stomach acid with pepsin supplements.

Yes, these supplements can really benefit of the middle aged.
GERD sufferers need to change their sleep position from sleeping
flat to that of a tilted position. Many success to suppressing
GERD symptoms by sleep in their recliner. Ideally, the back
needs to be propped up such that it doesn't go below 30 to 35
degrees toward 0 degrees.

> need them to absorb B vitamins.

I'd reword this. Too maximise the absorbable of folate, b-12,
and inositol, the nutrients needs to be cleaved by hydrolysis to
yeild free folic acid, b-12, and inositol. You need ample HCL
for hydrolysis of food borne compounds.

>If you are overdoing it with them,
> you'll feel a warm or burning sensation, which I've never felt, and
> then you can just drink water to neutralize the acid.

I'll ditto that.

> Don't take
> calcium carbonate whatever you do - that can cause acid rebound
> effects, and it also actually inhibits your body's ability to absorbe
> calcium.

I don't quite agree and I don't quite disagree. Treating "acid reflux"
and "heartburn" with calcium carbonate is a very poor strategy
as there is the rebound effect.
But that rebound of acid levels would help to yield more
absorbable calcium in most people.
But some of the most impaired might have reduced calcium
absorption.

I'll suggest though that the dysfunctions of in the digestion coming with
middle age are not just a product of the decline in the output
of digestive enzymes but also from a declining nervous system.
Hence the weakening of the lower esophageal sphinter that leaks
when the person become recumbent to sleep.
The bulk of GERD/acid reflux damage happens at night during sleep.
Having said that, it is also quite clear than the decline in HCL production
and digestive enzyme would result in dysfunctions in the GI motility not
through declines in the actual nervous system but
through absent or inadequate hormonal signaling
being sent to the GI tract for control of motility (that includes the LES,
the stomach,
the small intestine, and gall bladdder and related) and bile release.
To release the GI tract regulating hormones CCK and secretin,
the lower stomach and duodenum needs to sense a lowered pH produced by
with the ample HCL production of youth and healthy adulthood. The additional
pepsin in the context of a sufficiently acid environment, would also improve
the
signals for the synthesis of the aforemention gut hormones as free peptides
are also
a signal to that end. Taking additional HCl seems to speed the exit of
food/chyme
from the stomach while helps the bile to be release, all of which seems to
prevent refluxing. The trick for the average GERD sufferer is to get healed
which takes weeks at best. This is possible with the acid suppressing drug
like
Aciphex and Prilosec but (and this is a big but) over the long term
these meds are toxic. The problem is the Doctors will not suggest a enough
of a change in sleeping position to fully prevent night time acid reflux.
The Doctors will suggest raising the head of the bed, six inches, this is
NOT enough...
not nearly. Moreover, they use proton pump inhibitor when they could use
the less expensive and less toxic sucralfate which costs 40 dollars a month
versus
150 dollars a month. And they have never heard of the need for additional
stomach acid and enzymes as it exactly opposite of what they imagine as
the only effective means of preventing the recurrence of GERD.

I'll suggest GERD sufferers get healed by any means possible such as PPI
meds,
or more safely with sucralfate but they MUST at the same time dramatically
change
their sleeping position to what I have already suggested.

Don't get me wrong, some people have other disease processes that result in
massive acid production and hence require the use of proton pump inhibitors.
Even then patients and Doctors need to alert for the endocrine disruption,
nervous system damage, and kidney damage that can come with their use.
The problem is that the Doctors are in my experience almost never alert
until
it is too late; therefore, the patient has to be alert and not leave their
medical
care to the judgement of ..............

Disclaimer:
I don't claim to be a Doctor and this is written for my entertainment.