Dualit 4 slice toaster wiring diagram

Old 07-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Clive Long,UK
Usenet poster

Default Dualit 4 slice toaster wiring diagram

Hi,

Can someone post a wiring diagram (or point to a reference) for
Dualit toasters, specifically the 4-slice model? The rocker switches
result in a strange combination of elements being powered and I can't
work out how to switch around the various cables or bars inside. Had
this problem since new and only now getting round to fixing - it's out
of warranty and I am too mean to pay 30 for a 5 minute job.

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Thanks

Clive
Old 07-02-2004, 08:16 PM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

Clive Long,UK wrote:

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

Old 07-02-2004, 09:38 PM
WiScottsin
Usenet poster

wrote in message ...
Clive Long,UK wrote:

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

Perhaps he wants to fix it. You know, some people do find enjoyment and
satisfatction with tinkering/repairing things. Perhaps the toaster is a
very expensive model. Perhaps he was brought up by parents that taught him
to make things last, to take care of what you own.

Sorry, OP - I don't have a diagram for you, but good luck with the unit.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Clive Long,UK
Usenet poster

"WiScottsin" wrote in message ...
wrote in message ...
Clive Long,UK wrote:

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

Perhaps he wants to fix it.

YES

Old 26-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Member

I have an old Dualit 4 slice I found on the street and am reconditioning. To be honest I can't be bothered to draw a wiring diagram, but if you want to send me yours I can feed back on how my circuit might differ from yours!

Alternatively have a gander at this photo, may be of help. The switch is on for 1 slice, the timer switch is rotated approx 90 degrees anticlockwise from its installed upright position.

Good luck with your toasting!

Aaron
Attached Thumbnails
dualit-4-slice-toaster-100_0372.jpg