Clive Long,UK

Default Dualit 4 slice toaster wiring diagram

Hi,

Can someone post a wiring diagram (or point to a reference) for
Dualit toasters, specifically the 4-slice model? The rocker switches
result in a strange combination of elements being powered and I can't
work out how to switch around the various cables or bars inside. Had
this problem since new and only now getting round to fixing - it's out
of warranty and I am too mean to pay £30 for a 5 minute job.

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Thanks

Clive

Clive Long,UK > wrote:

> Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
> wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
> or gotchas to do this swap??

Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

WiScottsin

> wrote in message ...
> Clive Long,UK > wrote:
>
> > Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
> > wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
> > or gotchas to do this swap??

> Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
> will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
> since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

Perhaps he wants to fix it. You know, some people do find enjoyment and
satisfatction with tinkering/repairing things. Perhaps the toaster is a
very expensive model. Perhaps he was brought up by parents that taught him
to make things last, to take care of what you own.

Sorry, OP - I don't have a diagram for you, but good luck with the unit.

Clive Long,UK

"WiScottsin" > wrote in message >...
> > wrote in message ...
> > Clive Long,UK > wrote:
> >
> > > Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
> > > wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
> > > or gotchas to do this swap??

> > Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
> > will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
> > since they are very inexpensive to begin with.
> >

> Perhaps he wants to fix it.

YES

> You know, some people do find enjoyment and
> satisfatction with tinkering/repairing things. Perhaps the toaster is a
> very expensive model.

YES

> Perhaps he was brought up by parents that taught him
> to make things last, to take care of what you own.

YES

> Sorry, OP - I don't have a diagram for you, but good luck with the unit.

Member

I have an old Dualit 4 slice I found on the street and am reconditioning. To be honest I can't be bothered to draw a wiring diagram, but if you want to send me yours I can feed back on how my circuit might differ from yours!

Alternatively have a gander at this photo, may be of help. The switch is on for 1 slice, the timer switch is rotated approx 90 degrees anticlockwise from its installed upright position.

Good luck with your toasting!

Aaron
Attached Thumbnails
Dualit 4 slice toaster wiring diagram-100_0372.jpg