FoodBanter.com

-   -   Dualit 4 slice toaster wiring diagram (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/4452-dualit-4-slice-toaster.html)

Clive Long,UK 07-02-2004 04:27 PM

Dualit 4 slice toaster wiring diagram

Hi,

Can someone post a wiring diagram (or point to a reference) for
Dualit toasters, specifically the 4-slice model? The rocker switches
result in a strange combination of elements being powered and I can't
work out how to switch around the various cables or bars inside. Had
this problem since new and only now getting round to fixing - it's out
of warranty and I am too mean to pay £30 for a 5 minute job.

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Thanks

Clive

[email protected] 07-02-2004 08:16 PM

Clive Long,UK > wrote:

> Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
> wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
> or gotchas to do this swap??

Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

WiScottsin 07-02-2004 09:38 PM

Dualit 4 slice toaster wiring diagram

> wrote in message ...
> Clive Long,UK > wrote:
>
> > Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
> > wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
> > or gotchas to do this swap??

> Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
> will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
> since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

Perhaps he wants to fix it. You know, some people do find enjoyment and
satisfatction with tinkering/repairing things. Perhaps the toaster is a
very expensive model. Perhaps he was brought up by parents that taught him
to make things last, to take care of what you own.

Sorry, OP - I don't have a diagram for you, but good luck with the unit.

kalanamak 07-02-2004 11:22 PM

wrote:

> Clive Long,UK > wrote:
>
> > Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
> > wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
> > or gotchas to do this swap??

> Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
> will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
> since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

Not if it is a Dualit, if they are priced anything like USian ones. I
may get a SS toaster eventually. Or, has anyone found a plastic one that
doesn't melt and warp around the slice openings?
Thanks
blacksalt

Wayne Boatwright 08-02-2004 04:00 AM

wrote in :

> Clive Long,UK > wrote:
>
>> Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
>> wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
>> or gotchas to do this swap??

> Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
> will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
> since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

If you consider £90-£150 ($115-$190) very inexpensive for a toaster, then I
wish I had your income! Dualit is *not* a $10-$15 Proctor-Silex. They are
built like appliances used to be built in the US...meant to last a virtual
lifetime.

I'm still using my parents' GE toaster that was built in 1937. It still
toasts and looks great, but those days are long gone, and that quality
rarely exists in the mass-produced US brands. Of course, most of these are
made in China, Taiwan, Mexico, or some other country where labor is cheap.

Wayne

Charles Gifford 08-02-2004 08:22 AM

"kalanamak" > wrote in message

> > Clive Long,UK > wrote:
> >
> > > Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
> > > wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
> > > or gotchas to do this swap??

> > Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
> > will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
> > since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

> Not if it is a Dualit, if they are priced anything like USian ones. I
> may get a SS toaster eventually. Or, has anyone found a plastic one that
> doesn't melt and warp around the slice openings?
> Thanks
> blacksalt

Does not the Dualit have a lifetime guarantee?

Charlie

Clive Long,UK 08-02-2004 08:24 PM

"WiScottsin" > wrote in message >...
> > wrote in message ...
> > Clive Long,UK > wrote:
> >
> > > Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
> > > wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
> > > or gotchas to do this swap??

> > Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
> > will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
> > since they are very inexpensive to begin with.
> >

> Perhaps he wants to fix it.

YES

> You know, some people do find enjoyment and
> satisfatction with tinkering/repairing things. Perhaps the toaster is a
> very expensive model.

YES

lyric101 26-08-2005 12:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have an old Dualit 4 slice I found on the street and am reconditioning. To be honest I can't be bothered to draw a wiring diagram, but if you want to send me yours I can feed back on how my circuit might differ from yours!

Alternatively have a gander at this photo, may be of help. The switch is on for 1 slice, the timer switch is rotated approx 90 degrees anticlockwise from its installed upright position.

Good luck with your toasting!

Aaron