Sam D.

Default Last Night’s Dinner For Two

My original intention was to prepare some chicken with mushrooms. I decided
to do something different when I saw an almost forgotten can of Del Monte
diced gold tomatoes in the pantry cupboard.

I started with 2 split boneless chicken breasts and a leg and thigh. The
chicken pieces were dredged in seasoned flour, then sauteed until lightly
browned. I placed the browned chicken in a casserole along with a mixture of
citrus juices, a bit of soy sauce and a little bourbon that I had combined
with cumin, thyme and paprika, the diced gold tomatoes, coarsely chopped red
bell pepper, onion, celery. black olives and fresh pasilla chile strips. It
was baked for 25 minutes (while we each sipped on a martini) and then
garnished with fresh cilantro. Served it with rice pilaf, a simple green
salad and a red wine. I have to say it turned out mighty delicious.

kilikini

"Sam D." > wrote in message

> My original intention was to prepare some chicken with mushrooms. I

decided
> to do something different when I saw an almost forgotten can of Del Monte
> diced gold tomatoes in the pantry cupboard.
>
> I started with 2 split boneless chicken breasts and a leg and thigh. The
> chicken pieces were dredged in seasoned flour, then sauteed until lightly
> browned. I placed the browned chicken in a casserole along with a mixture

of
> citrus juices, a bit of soy sauce and a little bourbon that I had combined
> with cumin, thyme and paprika, the diced gold tomatoes, coarsely chopped

red
> bell pepper, onion, celery. black olives and fresh pasilla chile strips.

It
> was baked for 25 minutes (while we each sipped on a martini) and then
> garnished with fresh cilantro. Served it with rice pilaf, a simple green
> salad and a red wine. I have to say it turned out mighty delicious.

Bourbon = delicious. <g>

kilikini