Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Enchiladas

I foolishly bought a bag of rotisserie chicken off the bone from Costco.
One person in this house has refused to eat it, even though she has never
tried it. I have bought rotisserie chickens (from other stores) twice,
although not in recent years and nobody liked them. I can't eat this stuff
either. Has either corn or potato in it, in the form of starch. The person
who is refusing to eat it is also refusing to eat any enchiladas I might
make. This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe but
she won't.

I have made a lot of enchiladas over the years in a variety of ways and she
has managed to hate them all. OTOH, I have always liked what I made.
Husband usually likes them so... I found a recipe that calls for using
cottage cheese inside. I also have excess cottage cheese because... It was
being eaten like crazy until I bought a large amount of it at Costco. And
now it isn't getting eaten.

Has anyone made chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them? I have
since found different varieties of recipes but the one I think I will use
calls for the cottage cheese to be mixed with sour cream and some
seasonings. I will have to figure out what to do with the chicken though as
the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken with taco seasoning. Since I
have pre-cooked chicken, that won't work. It does call for chilies. I only
have mild ones. Perhaps I will look for hot ones. Husband likes spicy.

And then, I will stick the rest of the chicken in the freezer and try to
find some other use for it. She who will not eat it will also not eat
things like pot pie, soup or chicken and noodles. So I guess I am SOL on
that front.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I foolishly bought a bag of rotisserie chicken off the bone from Costco.
>One person in this house has refused to eat it, even though she has never
>tried it. I have bought rotisserie chickens (from other stores) twice,
>although not in recent years and nobody liked them. I can't eat this stuff
>either. Has either corn or potato in it, in the form of starch. The
>person who is refusing to eat it is also refusing to eat any enchiladas I
>might make. This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the
>really good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the
>recipe but she won't.
>
> I have made a lot of enchiladas over the years in a variety of ways and
> she has managed to hate them all. OTOH, I have always liked what I made.
> Husband usually likes them so... I found a recipe that calls for using
> cottage cheese inside. I also have excess cottage cheese because... It
> was being eaten like crazy until I bought a large amount of it at Costco.
> And now it isn't getting eaten.
>
> Has anyone made chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them? I have
> since found different varieties of recipes but the one I think I will use
> calls for the cottage cheese to be mixed with sour cream and some
> seasonings. I will have to figure out what to do with the chicken though
> as the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken with taco seasoning. Since
> I have pre-cooked chicken, that won't work. It does call for chilies. I
> only have mild ones. Perhaps I will look for hot ones. Husband likes
> spicy.
>
> And then, I will stick the rest of the chicken in the freezer and try to
> find some other use for it. She who will not eat it will also not eat
> things like pot pie, soup or chicken and noodles. So I guess I am SOL on
> that front.

You might ask her how they make the ones she likes. I doubt she will tell
you, however. That would spoil the game.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 6:24:34 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> I foolishly bought a bag of rotisserie chicken off the bone from Costco.
> One person in this house has refused to eat it, even though she has never
> tried it. I have bought rotisserie chickens (from other stores) twice,
> although not in recent years and nobody liked them. I can't eat this stuff
> either. Has either corn or potato in it, in the form of starch. The person
> who is refusing to eat it is also refusing to eat any enchiladas I might
> make. This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe but
> she won't.
>
> I have made a lot of enchiladas over the years in a variety of ways and she
> has managed to hate them all. OTOH, I have always liked what I made.
> Husband usually likes them so... I found a recipe that calls for using
> cottage cheese inside. I also have excess cottage cheese because... It was
> being eaten like crazy until I bought a large amount of it at Costco. And
> now it isn't getting eaten.
>
> Has anyone made chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them? I have
> since found different varieties of recipes but the one I think I will use
> calls for the cottage cheese to be mixed with sour cream and some
> seasonings. I will have to figure out what to do with the chicken though as
> the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken with taco seasoning. Since I
> have pre-cooked chicken, that won't work. It does call for chilies. I only
> have mild ones. Perhaps I will look for hot ones. Husband likes spicy.
>
> And then, I will stick the rest of the chicken in the freezer and try to
> find some other use for it. She who will not eat it will also not eat
> things like pot pie, soup or chicken and noodles. So I guess I am SOL on
> that front.

To answer your question, I know nothing about chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them. They may exist and be very good, I have just not heard of them. As for uses of the chicken, do not know if your family likes it, but chicken and dumplings is usually a hit in my house. Good luck.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosie wrote:
> On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 6:24:34 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I foolishly bought a bag of rotisserie chicken off the bone from Costco.
>> One person in this house has refused to eat it, even though she has never
>> tried it. I have bought rotisserie chickens (from other stores) twice,
>> although not in recent years and nobody liked them. I can't eat this stuff
>> either. Has either corn or potato in it, in the form of starch. The person
>> who is refusing to eat it is also refusing to eat any enchiladas I might
>> make. This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
>> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe but
>> she won't.
>>
>> I have made a lot of enchiladas over the years in a variety of ways and she
>> has managed to hate them all. OTOH, I have always liked what I made.
>> Husband usually likes them so... I found a recipe that calls for using
>> cottage cheese inside. I also have excess cottage cheese because... It was
>> being eaten like crazy until I bought a large amount of it at Costco. And
>> now it isn't getting eaten.
>>
>> Has anyone made chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them? I have
>> since found different varieties of recipes but the one I think I will use
>> calls for the cottage cheese to be mixed with sour cream and some
>> seasonings. I will have to figure out what to do with the chicken though as
>> the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken with taco seasoning. Since I
>> have pre-cooked chicken, that won't work. It does call for chilies. I only
>> have mild ones. Perhaps I will look for hot ones. Husband likes spicy.
>>
>> And then, I will stick the rest of the chicken in the freezer and try to
>> find some other use for it. She who will not eat it will also not eat
>> things like pot pie, soup or chicken and noodles. So I guess I am SOL on
>> that front.

> To answer your question, I know nothing about chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them. They may exist and be very good, I have just not heard of them. As for uses of the chicken, do not know if your family likes it, but chicken and dumplings is usually a hit in my house. Good luck.

I wonder if anyone has a recipe for gluten-free dumplings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-20 1:27 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> Funny but I was discussing Costco's chicken just yesterday with a man who
> says he joined just for the roasted chickens. Another guy in the room
> chimed in about the awesome tacos his wife makes with them. People seem to
> really love them. I have heard stories about irate customers who watch as
> some people buy up a whole display at a time. It comes as no surprise that
> Julie's clan finds them as disgusting as cow dung.

Has there ever been food in that house that all three of the herd
liked/would eat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/20/2015 7:24 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
> but she won't.

Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the recipe?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown > wrote:
> On 3/20/2015 7:24 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
>> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
>> but she won't.

> Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the recipe?
>
> Jill

They're "really good" because Julie didn't make them. Damned if you do,
damned if you don't. The offspring is bound and determined to out-pick her
mother, like some odd competition.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/20/2015 4:56 PM, barbie gee wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Mar 2015, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 3/20/2015 7:24 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
>>> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
>>> but she won't.

>> Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the
>> recipe?

> Of course she does. God knows what theproblem will be, but I'm sure
> this is unpossible.

Naturally there will be some excuse. Doesn't know the phone number,
doesn't know how to get in touch with the mother who makes these great
chicken enchiladas. Somehing like that would be entirely too logical.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-20 4:56 PM, barbie gee wrote:

>> Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the
>> recipe?

> Of course she does. God knows what theproblem will be, but I'm sure
> this is unpossible.

Assuming there actually is a friend and that her mother makes food that
the Bovette likes, the mother probably has Julie's number blocked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-03-20 1:27 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> Funny but I was discussing Costco's chicken just yesterday with a man who
>> says he joined just for the roasted chickens. Another guy in the room
>> chimed in about the awesome tacos his wife makes with them. People seem
>> really love them. I have heard stories about irate customers who watch
>> as
>> some people buy up a whole display at a time. It comes as no surprise
>> that
>> Julie's clan finds them as disgusting as cow dung.
>>

> Has there ever been food in that house that all three of the herd
> liked/would eat.

At one point there was hummus. Husband won't eat that now. And we all like
meatloaf.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
\> Isn't it an ancient custom for teenage females to be opposed to
everything
> the mother represents?

Both parents, actually.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I foolishly bought a bag of rotisserie chicken off the bone from Costco.
>>One person in this house has refused to eat it, even though she has never
>>tried it. I have bought rotisserie chickens (from other stores) twice,
>>although not in recent years and nobody liked them. I can't eat this
>>stuff either. Has either corn or potato in it, in the form of starch.
>>The person who is refusing to eat it is also refusing to eat any
>>enchiladas I might make. This is frustrating to me because she keeps
>>boasting about the really good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did
>>ask her to get the recipe but she won't.
>>
>> I have made a lot of enchiladas over the years in a variety of ways and
>> she has managed to hate them all. OTOH, I have always liked what I made.
>> Husband usually likes them so... I found a recipe that calls for using
>> cottage cheese inside. I also have excess cottage cheese because... It
>> was being eaten like crazy until I bought a large amount of it at Costco.
>> And now it isn't getting eaten.
>>
>> Has anyone made chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them? I have
>> since found different varieties of recipes but the one I think I will use
>> calls for the cottage cheese to be mixed with sour cream and some
>> seasonings. I will have to figure out what to do with the chicken though
>> as the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken with taco seasoning.
>> Since I have pre-cooked chicken, that won't work. It does call for
>> chilies. I only have mild ones. Perhaps I will look for hot ones.
>> Husband likes spicy.
>>
>> And then, I will stick the rest of the chicken in the freezer and try to
>> find some other use for it. She who will not eat it will also not eat
>> things like pot pie, soup or chicken and noodles. So I guess I am SOL on
>> that front.

> You might ask her how they make the ones she likes. I doubt she will tell
> you, however. That would spoil the game.

She won't tell me and I am willing to bet based on other things she has told
me about this house, like lack of food and cooking supplies that the woman
does not make them from scratch. I'll bet she is buying something frozen or
otherwise prepared. Costco does sell chicken enchiladas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 6:24:34 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> I foolishly bought a bag of rotisserie chicken off the bone from Costco.
> One person in this house has refused to eat it, even though she has never
> tried it. I have bought rotisserie chickens (from other stores) twice,
> although not in recent years and nobody liked them. I can't eat this
> stuff
> either. Has either corn or potato in it, in the form of starch. The
> person
> who is refusing to eat it is also refusing to eat any enchiladas I might
> make. This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the
> really
> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
> but
> she won't.
>
> I have made a lot of enchiladas over the years in a variety of ways and
> she
> has managed to hate them all. OTOH, I have always liked what I made.
> Husband usually likes them so... I found a recipe that calls for using
> cottage cheese inside. I also have excess cottage cheese because... It
> was
> being eaten like crazy until I bought a large amount of it at Costco. And
> now it isn't getting eaten.
>
> Has anyone made chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them? I have
> since found different varieties of recipes but the one I think I will use
> calls for the cottage cheese to be mixed with sour cream and some
> seasonings. I will have to figure out what to do with the chicken though
> as
> the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken with taco seasoning. Since I
> have pre-cooked chicken, that won't work. It does call for chilies. I
> only
> have mild ones. Perhaps I will look for hot ones. Husband likes spicy.
>
> And then, I will stick the rest of the chicken in the freezer and try to
> find some other use for it. She who will not eat it will also not eat
> things like pot pie, soup or chicken and noodles. So I guess I am SOL on
> that front.

To answer your question, I know nothing about chicken enchiladas with
cottage cheese in them. They may exist and be very good, I have just not
heard of them. As for uses of the chicken, do not know if your family likes
it, but chicken and dumplings is usually a hit in my house. Good luck.

---

That is a food that I used to like but given my food intolerances, not
likely something I could eat now. Moot point for me anyway since I can't
eat the chicken. Daughter would eat the dumplings only and nothing else from
it. And husband doesn't like dumplings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> rosie wrote:
>> On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 6:24:34 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I foolishly bought a bag of rotisserie chicken off the bone from Costco.
>>> One person in this house has refused to eat it, even though she has
>>> never
>>> tried it. I have bought rotisserie chickens (from other stores) twice,
>>> although not in recent years and nobody liked them. I can't eat this
>>> stuff
>>> either. Has either corn or potato in it, in the form of starch. The
>>> person
>>> who is refusing to eat it is also refusing to eat any enchiladas I might
>>> make. This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the
>>> really
>>> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
>>> but
>>> she won't.
>>>
>>> I have made a lot of enchiladas over the years in a variety of ways and
>>> she
>>> has managed to hate them all. OTOH, I have always liked what I made.
>>> Husband usually likes them so... I found a recipe that calls for using
>>> cottage cheese inside. I also have excess cottage cheese because... It
>>> was
>>> being eaten like crazy until I bought a large amount of it at Costco.
>>> And
>>> now it isn't getting eaten.
>>>
>>> Has anyone made chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them? I have
>>> since found different varieties of recipes but the one I think I will
>>> use
>>> calls for the cottage cheese to be mixed with sour cream and some
>>> seasonings. I will have to figure out what to do with the chicken
>>> though as
>>> the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken with taco seasoning. Since
>>> have pre-cooked chicken, that won't work. It does call for chilies. I
>>> only
>>> have mild ones. Perhaps I will look for hot ones. Husband likes spicy.
>>>
>>> And then, I will stick the rest of the chicken in the freezer and try to
>>> find some other use for it. She who will not eat it will also not eat
>>> things like pot pie, soup or chicken and noodles. So I guess I am SOL
>>> on
>>> that front.

>> To answer your question, I know nothing about chicken enchiladas with
>> cottage cheese in them. They may exist and be very good, I have just not
>> heard of them. As for uses of the chicken, do not know if your family
>> likes it, but chicken and dumplings is usually a hit in my house. Good
>> luck.

> I wonder if anyone has a recipe for gluten-free dumplings.

I have made them. They contained potatoes. They were actually good. But I
don't cook GF now that gluten is no longer an issue.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/20/2015 7:24 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
>> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
>> but she won't.

> Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the recipe?

I don't know the woman. Or have her phone number. So... Besides, the mere
fact that I made them would mean that she wouldn't like them. Apparently
kids are like that. Or so I've been told. They will eat things at other
people's houses that they will not eat at home. One such food is grapes.
Will never be touched here. But if someone else has them? They will be
eaten.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> jmcquown > wrote:
>> On 3/20/2015 7:24 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
>>> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
>>> but she won't.

>> Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the
>> recipe?
>>
>> Jill

> They're "really good" because Julie didn't make them. Damned if you do,
> damned if you don't. The offspring is bound and determined to out-pick
> her
> mother, like some odd competition.

That's what kids do. I know I am not alone in that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"barbie gee" > wrote in message
crg.pbz...

> On Fri, 20 Mar 2015, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 3/20/2015 7:24 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
>>> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
>>> but she won't.

>> Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the
>> recipe?

> Of course she does. God knows what theproblem will be, but I'm sure this
> is unpossible.

I never met her. I met the dad a few years back. He has since married.
But it wouldn't matter because I have already been told that they won't be
liked if I make them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/20/2015 4:56 PM, barbie gee wrote:

>>> Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the
>>> recipe?

>> Of course she does. God knows what theproblem will be, but I'm sure
>> this is unpossible.

> Naturally there will be some excuse. Doesn't know the phone number,
> doesn't know how to get in touch with the mother who makes these great
> chicken enchiladas. Somehing like that would be entirely too logical.

I have already been told that she won't eat them if I make them. Doesn't
have to be logical.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-03-20 4:56 PM, barbie gee wrote:
>
>>> Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the
>>> recipe?

>> Of course she does. God knows what theproblem will be, but I'm sure
>> this is unpossible.

> Assuming there actually is a friend and that her mother makes food that
> the Bovette likes, the mother probably has Julie's number blocked.

No. I have no need to be calling her friend's parents. I don't know the
woman and based on what I know of the dad, we would have nothing in common.
So I wouldn't need to call.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 4:22:37 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "rosie" > wrote in message
> On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 6:24:34 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> > I foolishly bought a bag of rotisserie chicken off the bone from Costco.
> > One person in this house has refused to eat it, even though she has never
> > tried it. I have bought rotisserie chickens (from other stores) twice,
> > although not in recent years and nobody liked them. I can't eat this
> > stuff
> > either. Has either corn or potato in it, in the form of starch. The
> > person
> > who is refusing to eat it is also refusing to eat any enchiladas I might
> > make. This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the
> > really
> > good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
> > but
> > she won't.
> >
> > I have made a lot of enchiladas over the years in a variety of ways and
> > she
> > has managed to hate them all. OTOH, I have always liked what I made.
> > Husband usually likes them so... I found a recipe that calls for using
> > cottage cheese inside. I also have excess cottage cheese because... It
> > was
> > being eaten like crazy until I bought a large amount of it at Costco. And
> > now it isn't getting eaten.
> >
> > Has anyone made chicken enchiladas with cottage cheese in them? I have
> > since found different varieties of recipes but the one I think I will use
> > calls for the cottage cheese to be mixed with sour cream and some
> > seasonings. I will have to figure out what to do with the chicken though
> > as
> > the recipe calls for me to cook the chicken with taco seasoning. Since I
> > have pre-cooked chicken, that won't work. It does call for chilies. I
> > only
> > have mild ones. Perhaps I will look for hot ones. Husband likes spicy.
> >
> > And then, I will stick the rest of the chicken in the freezer and try to
> > find some other use for it. She who will not eat it will also not eat
> > things like pot pie, soup or chicken and noodles. So I guess I am SOL on
> > that front.

> To answer your question, I know nothing about chicken enchiladas with
> cottage cheese in them. They may exist and be very good, I have just not
> heard of them. As for uses of the chicken, do not know if your family likes
> it, but chicken and dumplings is usually a hit in my house. Good luck.
>
> ---
>
> That is a food that I used to like but given my food intolerances, not
> likely something I could eat now. Moot point for me anyway since I can't
> eat the chicken. Daughter would eat the dumplings only and nothing else from
> it. And husband doesn't like dumplings.

Why do you buy "problem foods" that most don't like? Must be like beating one's head against a brick wall.

Khrist in our family...we ate everything put on the table or we friggin well starved. Food was not to be wasted. Your food intolerances would soon have been forgotten if you'd had parents like we had.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 4:25:12 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> > On 3/20/2015 7:24 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
> >> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
> >> but she won't.

> > Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the recipe?

> I don't know the woman. Or have her phone number. So... Besides, the mere
> fact that I made them would mean that she wouldn't like them. Apparently
> kids are like that. Or so I've been told. They will eat things at other
> people's houses that they will not eat at home. One such food is grapes.
> Will never be touched here. But if someone else has them? They will be
> eaten.

Your kid is hopelessly SPOILED and will never be NORMAL. It is entirely your fault. Seek therapy.
===
Posted to rec.food.cooking
BBQ BBQ is offline

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:24:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 3/20/2015 7:24 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> This is frustrating to me because she keeps boasting about the really
>>> good ones that her friend's mom makes. I did ask her to get the recipe
>>> but she won't.

>> Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the recipe?

>I don't know the woman. Or have her phone number. So... Besides, the mere
>fact that I made them would mean that she wouldn't like them. Apparently
>kids are like that. Or so I've been told. They will eat things at other
>people's houses that they will not eat at home. One such food is grapes.
>Will never be touched here. But if someone else has them? They will be
>eaten.

that's funny, since I know a friend who eats fruits at other people's
houses but not at home. He hates fruits.
--

http://GasGrills.biz | The Best Grills Website for the Serious Griller!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> [...]

>> heard of them. As for uses of the chicken, do not know if your family
>> likes
>> it, but chicken and dumplings is usually a hit in my house. Good luck.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> That is a food that I used to like but given my food intolerances, not
>> likely something I could eat now. Moot point for me anyway since I can't
>> eat the chicken. Daughter would eat the dumplings only and nothing else
>> from
>> it. And husband doesn't like dumplings.

> Why do you buy "problem foods" that most don't like? Must be like beating
> one's head against a brick wall.
>
> Khrist in our family...we ate everything put on the table or we friggin
> well starved. Food was not to be wasted. Your food intolerances would soon
> have been forgotten if you'd had parents like we had.

It's people like you that I would like to smack around quite a bit. Food
intolerances don't go away. You wouldn't want to spend most of your life in
the bathroom, would you? Or clawing at your skin until it was bleeding. Or
going to the Dr. because of ear and sinus infections. Or wondering why your
blood sugar was so high. That's what certain foods do to me. Daughter has
food intolerances too. Just not necessarily the same as mine. Husband does
not but he does have gout.

I grew up in a household of picky eaters and my mom has food intolerances.
Making or cooking three different meals is no big deal to me. In fact is
one reason why we mostly went out to eat when I was growing up. There was
no such rule that if something was on the table you had to eat it. I would
never ever subject anyone to that.

I assumed that I would be able to turn this chicken into something she would
eat. I assumed wrong. I will get husband to eat it. He's not picky.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 4:25:12 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> >
>> > Got a problem with calling the friend's mom and asking her for the
>> > recipe?

>> I don't know the woman. Or have her phone number. So... Besides, the
>> mere
>> fact that I made them would mean that she wouldn't like them. Apparently
>> kids are like that. Or so I've been told. They will eat things at other
>> people's houses that they will not eat at home. One such food is grapes.
>> Will never be touched here. But if someone else has them? They will be
>> eaten.

> Your kid is hopelessly SPOILED and will never be NORMAL. It is entirely
> your fault. Seek therapy.
> ===

There is nothing wrong with being spoiled. And it sure doesn't require
therapy. Sounds like you are jealous. Sorry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/20/2015 6:28 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Of course she does. God knows what theproblem will be, but I'm sure
>>> this is unpossible.

>> Assuming there actually is a friend and that her mother makes food
>> that the Bovette likes, the mother probably has Julie's number blocked.

> No. I have no need to be calling her friend's parents. I don't know
> the woman and based on what I know of the dad, we would have nothing in
> common. So I wouldn't need to call.

Except (according to you) your daughter loves the chicken enchiladas
this friend's mom makes. That's reason enough to call. To ask for the
recipe. No one suggested you invite them over or hang out with them.
You need not have a thing in common with them.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/20/2015 6:27 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Of course she does. God knows what theproblem will be, but I'm sure
>>> this is unpossible.

>> Naturally there will be some excuse. Doesn't know the phone number,
>> doesn't know how to get in touch with the mother who makes these great
>> chicken enchiladas. Somehing like that would be entirely too logical.

> I have already been told that she won't eat them if I make them.
> Doesn't have to be logical.

Then tell your daughter to cook for herself. Sheesh. My mother would
have kicked my behind if I had expected her to cater to my every whim.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/20/2015 7:37 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Roy" > wrote in message

>>> I don't know the woman. Or have her phone number. So... Besides,
>>> the mere
>>> fact that I made them would mean that she wouldn't like them.
>>> Apparently
>>> kids are like that. Or so I've been told. They will eat things at
>>> other
>>> people's houses that they will not eat at home. One such food is
>>> grapes.
>>> Will never be touched here. But if someone else has them? They will be
>>> eaten.

>> Your kid is hopelessly SPOILED and will never be NORMAL. It is
>> entirely your fault. Seek therapy.
>> ===

> There is nothing wrong with being spoiled. And it sure doesn't require
> therapy. Sounds like you are jealous. Sorry.

Yeah, we're all jealous. God knows we all wish we had ridiculous
chaotic lives with all your problems.

Here's a hint: find out who the friend is. Look up the phone number.
Call and speak to the mother and say, "My daughter says you make great
enchiladas, would you mind sharing the recipe with me?"

Oh, but of course she won't eat them. It sounds like she just plain
doesn't want you to cook. I can't say as I blame her since you cook so
much weird crap no one ever wants to eat it.

Jill