Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ping Mr D Coffee

The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a way of
making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I like french press coffee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2015 1:47 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
> coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a
> way of making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

Those Koreans are crazy! I like the music in the video. You can't go
wrong with a uke and xylophone in a cheery coffee commercial. That gizmo
ain't that handy because it doesn't have a water reservoir and a heater.

I'm gonna be ordering this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Heirloom-Coffe.../dp/B002RRLZQW

Hopefully, it's good stuff!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:47:08 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
>coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a way of
>making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

in my experience a one-cup drip doesn't work very well. But, in order
to get a consistent cup of Joe, wouldn't you have to weigh the beans.?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2015 5:47 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
> coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a
> way of making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

Cute gizmo, but way outside my price range.

This is how I make my daily cup of coffee:

http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Ready-...itta+pour+over

Or:

http://tinyurl.com/qfc2x7o

The price & convenience are great and it makes a wonderful cup of
coffee. Since I'm limited to one cup a day i want it to be the best i
can get. This does it.

--
DreadfulBitch

I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:51:07 -0600, DreadfulBitch
> wrote:

>On 2/27/2015 5:47 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>> The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
>> coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a
>> way of making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>>

>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

>Cute gizmo, but way outside my price range.
>
>This is how I make my daily cup of coffee:
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Ready-...itta+pour+over
>
>Or:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/qfc2x7o
>
>The price & convenience are great and it makes a wonderful cup of
>coffee. Since I'm limited to one cup a day i want it to be the best i
>can get. This does it.

I haven't tried the Melitta one-cup, I didn't know they made one..
Does it filter in a timely fashion? The ones I have had were very
slow and usually plugged with coffee grounds.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:08:04 -0700, Janet B >
wrote:

> I haven't tried the Melitta one-cup, I didn't know they made one..
> Does it filter in a timely fashion? The ones I have had were very
> slow and usually plugged with coffee grounds.

They are used in fancy coffee shops that brew individual cups of
coffee to order.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:44:08 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:08:04 -0700, Janet B >
>wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried the Melitta one-cup, I didn't know they made one..
>> Does it filter in a timely fashion? The ones I have had were very
>> slow and usually plugged with coffee grounds.

>They are used in fancy coffee shops that brew individual cups of
>coffee to order.

That explains it -- I haven't been in a fancy coffee shop. I think
the only ones we have around here (other than the usual drive-by) are
the kind where all kinds of people schlep in and sit and talk or read.
Sandals, shorts, jeans are all appropriate.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 9:08:04 PM UTC-8, Janet B wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:51:07 -0600, DreadfulBitch
> > wrote:
>
> >On 2/27/2015 5:47 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> >> The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
> >> coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a
> >> way of making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
> >>

> >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

> >Cute gizmo, but way outside my price range.
> >
> >This is how I make my daily cup of coffee:
> >
> >http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Ready-...itta+pour+over
> >
> >Or:
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/qfc2x7o
> >
> >The price & convenience are great and it makes a wonderful cup of
> >coffee. Since I'm limited to one cup a day i want it to be the best i
> >can get. This does it.

> I haven't tried the Melitta one-cup, I didn't know they made one..
> Does it filter in a timely fashion? The ones I have had were very
> slow and usually plugged with coffee grounds.
> Janet US

That's what my wife used when she lived by herself. Set the filter
on a mug, add the grounds. Boil the water,and pour it through.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:47:08 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>>The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
>>coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a way
>>of
>>making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>>

>>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

> in my experience a one-cup drip doesn't work very well. But, in order
> to get a consistent cup of Joe, wouldn't you have to weigh the beans.?

Hey I am not the one to ask)) I am a coffee wimp. I only drink Kenyan
coffee made in an old stovetop Bialetti

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 2/27/2015 1:47 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>> The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
>> coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a
>> way of making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>>

>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html
>>

> Those Koreans are crazy! I like the music in the video. You can't go wrong
> with a uke and xylophone in a cheery coffee commercial. That gizmo ain't
> that handy because it doesn't have a water reservoir and a heater.
>
> I'm gonna be ordering this stuff:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Heirloom-Coffe.../dp/B002RRLZQW
>
> Hopefully, it's good stuff!

Report back? )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:51:07 -0600, DreadfulBitch
> > wrote:
>
>>On 2/27/2015 5:47 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
>>> coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a
>>> way of making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>>>

>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

>>Cute gizmo, but way outside my price range.
>>
>>This is how I make my daily cup of coffee:
>>
>>http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Ready-...itta+pour+over
>>
>>Or:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/qfc2x7o
>>
>>The price & convenience are great and it makes a wonderful cup of
>>coffee. Since I'm limited to one cup a day i want it to be the best i
>>can get. This does it.

> I haven't tried the Melitta one-cup, I didn't know they made one..
> Does it filter in a timely fashion? The ones I have had were very
> slow and usually plugged with coffee grounds.
> Janet US

My mom had one. She kept it for use when company came. Nobody ever
complained about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 12:57:03 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 9:08:04 PM UTC-8, Janet B wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:51:07 -0600, DreadfulBitch
> > > wrote:

> > >Cute gizmo, but way outside my price range.
> > >
> > >This is how I make my daily cup of coffee:
> > >
> > >http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Ready-...itta+pour+over
> > >
> > >Or:
> > >
> > >http://tinyurl.com/qfc2x7o
> > >
> > >The price & convenience are great and it makes a wonderful cup of
> > >coffee. Since I'm limited to one cup a day i want it to be the best i
> > >can get. This does it.

> > I haven't tried the Melitta one-cup, I didn't know they made one..
> > Does it filter in a timely fashion? The ones I have had were very
> > slow and usually plugged with coffee grounds.
> > Janet US

> That's what my wife used when she lived by herself. Set the filter
> on a mug, add the grounds. Boil the water,and pour it through.

If one buys decent coffee, and uses a decent drip method of any kind,
one gets a decent beverage. We just use a Mr. Coffe because we drink
a lot per day. Otherwise, I'd probably use a Melitta type and tea
kettle.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2015 9:51 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/qfc2x7o
>
> The price & convenience are great and it makes a wonderful cup of
> coffee. Since I'm limited to one cup a day i want it to be the best i
> can get. This does it.

That's what I use, when I'm just making coffee for myself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2015 8:43 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 2/27/2015 9:51 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/qfc2x7o
>>
>> The price & convenience are great and it makes a wonderful cup of
>> coffee. Since I'm limited to one cup a day i want it to be the best i
>> can get. This does it.
>>

> That's what I use, when I'm just making coffee for myself.

What's really different from the cup top device the French have used for
ages: Café Filtré? I always remember them *not* producing the hot,
consistent strength coffee that I want.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 8:25:32 AM UTC-6, James Silverton wrote:
> On 2/28/2015 8:43 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> > On 2/27/2015 9:51 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
> >
> >> http://tinyurl.com/qfc2x7o
> >>
> >> The price & convenience are great and it makes a wonderful cup of
> >> coffee. Since I'm limited to one cup a day i want it to be the best i
> >> can get. This does it.
> >>

> > That's what I use, when I'm just making coffee for myself.
> >

> What's really different from the cup top device the French have used for
> ages: Café Filtré? I always remember them *not* producing the hot,
> consistent strength coffee that I want.

Put the cup in the microwave with water first, or get it hot with teapot
water. I do that for my wife. I don't like beverages (or even soup)
really hot.

> --
> Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I think french press coffee is addicting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:44:08 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:08:04 -0700, Janet B >
>>wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't tried the Melitta one-cup, I didn't know they made one..
>>> Does it filter in a timely fashion? The ones I have had were very
>>> slow and usually plugged with coffee grounds.

Filter with one of your D cups.

>>They are used in fancy coffee shops that brew individual cups of
>>coffee to order.

>That explains it -- I haven't been in a fancy coffee shop. I think
>the only ones we have around here (other than the usual drive-by) are
>the kind where all kinds of people schlep in and sit and talk or read.
>Sandals, shorts, jeans are all appropriate.

What about braless... might have to try those fancy java joints.

For the best cuppa, nothing, but NOTHING brews better:
http://www.amazon.com/Bialetti-Expre...espresso+maker
Naturally coffee is ALL about the water.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:34:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Janet B" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:47:08 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
>>>coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a way
>>>of
>>>making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>>>

>>>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

>> in my experience a one-cup drip doesn't work very well. But, in order
>> to get a consistent cup of Joe, wouldn't you have to weigh the beans.?

>Hey I am not the one to ask)) I am a coffee wimp. I only drink Kenyan
>coffee made in an old stovetop Bialetti

A six cup Bialetti is what I use when just me, but I like BUSTelo.
http://www.amazon.com/Bialetti-Expre...espresso+maker
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:34:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Janet B" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:47:08 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
>>>coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a way
>>>of
>>>making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>>>

>>>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html

>> in my experience a one-cup drip doesn't work very well. But, in order
>> to get a consistent cup of Joe, wouldn't you have to weigh the beans.?

>Hey I am not the one to ask)) I am a coffee wimp. I only drink Kenyan
>coffee made in an old stovetop Bialetti

I have a Bialetti for just me but a few years ago I bought an 8 cup
Farberware stovetop percolator to use during power outages... makes
wonderful coffee, better than any ADC... I'd use it every day only
it's a PIA to clean. It's a very nice looking pot too:
http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Cla...are+percolator

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:34:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Janet B" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:47:08 -0000, "Ophelia"

>>> in my experience a one-cup drip doesn't work very well. But, in order
>>> to get a consistent cup of Joe, wouldn't you have to weigh the beans.?

>>Hey I am not the one to ask)) I am a coffee wimp. I only drink Kenyan
>>coffee made in an old stovetop Bialetti

> I have a Bialetti for just me but a few years ago I bought an 8 cup
> Farberware stovetop percolator to use during power outages... makes
> wonderful coffee, better than any ADC... I'd use it every day only
> it's a PIA to clean. It's a very nice looking pot too:
> http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Cla...are+percolator

Nice enough but I prefer my old pot

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:55:08 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:34:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:

>>>Hey I am not the one to ask)) I am a coffee wimp. I only drink Kenyan
>>>coffee made in an old stovetop Bialetti

>> I have a Bialetti for just me but a few years ago I bought an 8 cup
>> Farberware stovetop percolator to use during power outages... makes
>> wonderful coffee, better than any ADC... I'd use it every day only
>> it's a PIA to clean. It's a very nice looking pot too:
>> http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Cla...are+percolator

>Nice enough but I prefer my old pot

I have my mom's old percs packed away, but they're aluminum
(Wearever), not very nice looking anymore and they are much too large.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2015 11:08 PM, Janet B wrote:

> I haven't tried the Melitta one-cup, I didn't know they made one..
> Does it filter in a timely fashion? The ones I have had were very
> slow and usually plugged with coffee grounds.
> Janet US

The drip time kind of depends on the filter used. I generally use HyVee
brand (a huge grocery store chain in the Midwest). The drip time is
quite fast. I've not had the grounds plug up the filter, but I use it
only once.

Just a good cup of hot coffee done quickly. Also, Melitta products are
made in the USA. That's becoming more and more important to me.

--
DreadfulBitch

I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2015 12:34 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 2/27/2015 1:47 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
>>> coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a
>>> way of making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>>>

>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html
>>>

>> Those Koreans are crazy! I like the music in the video. You can't go
>> wrong
>> with a uke and xylophone in a cheery coffee commercial. That gizmo ain't
>> that handy because it doesn't have a water reservoir and a heater.
>>
>> I'm gonna be ordering this stuff:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Heirloom-Coffe.../dp/B002RRLZQW
>>
>> Hopefully, it's good stuff!

> Report back? )

The truth about Trung Nguyen coffee is that it's flavored coffee. I
always thought they somehow processed the coffee in a new way to make a
smooth Kona style coffee. This might be true, they make an
enzyme-treated coffee so god knows what the heck they're doing to their
beans over there. The coffee they sell through the US distributors is
not the same as the stuff being sold in VN. OTOH, they pretty much have
to spill the beans on the ingredients of US coffee - the previous can I
got a short time ago was a butter and chocolate flavored coffee but what
I want is like the stuff I got a decade ago. Wonderful, amazing, coffee!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 2/28/2015 12:34 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Those Koreans are crazy! I like the music in the video. You can't go
>>> wrong
>>> with a uke and xylophone in a cheery coffee commercial. That gizmo ain't
>>> that handy because it doesn't have a water reservoir and a heater.
>>>
>>> I'm gonna be ordering this stuff:
>>>
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Heirloom-Coffe.../dp/B002RRLZQW
>>>
>>> Hopefully, it's good stuff!

>> Report back? )
>>

> The truth about Trung Nguyen coffee is that it's flavored coffee. I always
> thought they somehow processed the coffee in a new way to make a smooth
> Kona style coffee. This might be true, they make an enzyme-treated coffee
> so god knows what the heck they're doing to their beans over there. The
> coffee they sell through the US distributors is not the same as the stuff
> being sold in VN. OTOH, they pretty much have to spill the beans on the
> ingredients of US coffee - the previous can I got a short time ago was a
> butter and chocolate flavored coffee but what I want is like the stuff I
> got a decade ago. Wonderful, amazing, coffee!

I wish you luck in finding it

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2015 12:34 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Janet B" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:47:08 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> The new gadget is the brainchild of Korean inventor Hansang Yoon, CEO of
>>> coffee company Beanscorp based in Seoul, who wanted to come up with a
>>> way
>>> of
>>> making quality coffee without having to pay high cafe prices.
>>>

>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-possible.html
>>>

>> in my experience a one-cup drip doesn't work very well. But, in order
>> to get a consistent cup of Joe, wouldn't you have to weigh the beans.?

> Hey I am not the one to ask)) I am a coffee wimp. I only drink
> Kenyan coffee made in an old stovetop Bialetti

That sounds like a great cup of coffee!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 2/28/2015 12:34 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Janet B" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:47:08 -0000, "Ophelia"

>>> in my experience a one-cup drip doesn't work very well. But, in order
>>> to get a consistent cup of Joe, wouldn't you have to weigh the beans.?

>> Hey I am not the one to ask)) I am a coffee wimp. I only drink
>> Kenyan coffee made in an old stovetop Bialetti
>>

> That sounds like a great cup of coffee!

It is quite mild so I am not sure you would like it.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:38:42 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

snip

>For the best cuppa, nothing, but NOTHING brews better:
>http://www.amazon.com/Bialetti-Expre...espresso+maker
>Naturally coffee is ALL about the water.

This is what I have always used
http://tinyurl.com/qapgk9c
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 12:06:33 -0600, DreadfulBitch
> wrote:

>On 2/27/2015 11:08 PM, Janet B wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried the Melitta one-cup, I didn't know they made one..
>> Does it filter in a timely fashion? The ones I have had were very
>> slow and usually plugged with coffee grounds.
>> Janet US

>The drip time kind of depends on the filter used. I generally use HyVee
>brand (a huge grocery store chain in the Midwest). The drip time is
>quite fast. I've not had the grounds plug up the filter, but I use it
>only once.
>
>Just a good cup of hot coffee done quickly. Also, Melitta products are
>made in the USA. That's becoming more and more important to me.

My regular 6-cup brewer is a Melitta and has been for many years.

Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2015 8:50 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Report back? )
>>>

>> The truth about Trung Nguyen coffee is that it's flavored coffee. I
>> always thought they somehow processed the coffee in a new way to make
>> a smooth Kona style coffee. This might be true, they make an
>> enzyme-treated coffee so god knows what the heck they're doing to
>> their beans over there. The coffee they sell through the US
>> distributors is not the same as the stuff being sold in VN. OTOH, they
>> pretty much have to spill the beans on the ingredients of US coffee -
>> the previous can I got a short time ago was a butter and chocolate
>> flavored coffee but what I want is like the stuff I got a decade ago.
>> Wonderful, amazing, coffee!

> I wish you luck in finding it

I don't think it matters all the much if I find it or not. Just
remembering it is a pleasure. That's the important part. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>> I wish you luck in finding it
>>

> I don't think it matters all the much if I find it or not. Just
> remembering it is a pleasure. That's the important part. :-)

Ahhh yes ... good memories ... blissful)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2015 9:00 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> Hey I am not the one to ask)) I am a coffee wimp. I only drink
>>> Kenyan coffee made in an old stovetop Bialetti
>>>

>> That sounds like a great cup of coffee!

> It is quite mild so I am not sure you would like it.

I always thought those European moka pots were pretty exotic. Wouldn't
the brew be pretty strong? You're using a high coffee to water ratio -
or are you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 2/28/2015 9:00 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> That sounds like a great cup of coffee!

>> It is quite mild so I am not sure you would like it.
>>

> I always thought those European moka pots were pretty exotic. Wouldn't the
> brew be pretty strong? You're using a high coffee to water ratio - or are
> you?

Not particularly. Have you tried Kenyan coffee? It is pretty mild to start
with. I couldn't drink all those very strong coffees that people here
describe.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2015 9:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>>> It is quite mild so I am not sure you would like it.
>>>

>> I always thought those European moka pots were pretty exotic. Wouldn't
>> the
>> brew be pretty strong? You're using a high coffee to water ratio - or are
>> you?

> Not particularly. Have you tried Kenyan coffee? It is pretty mild to
> start
> with. I couldn't drink all those very strong coffees that people here
> describe.

I'll make it a point to pick up some Kenyan. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

French press coffee does make LDL cholesterol go up a bit. You can buy a Thermos Nissan 8 cup stainless steel insulated french press for as little as $32. Or you coulkd buy an 8 cup Bodum glass Brazil 1 and insulate it with cork which would look nice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 2/28/2015 9:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I always thought those European moka pots were pretty exotic. Wouldn't
>>> the
>>> brew be pretty strong? You're using a high coffee to water ratio - or
>>> are
>>> you?

>> Not particularly. Have you tried Kenyan coffee? It is pretty mild to
>> start
>> with. I couldn't drink all those very strong coffees that people here
>> describe.
>>

> I'll make it a point to pick up some Kenyan. Thanks!

Do you not usually drink very strong stuff? I hope you are not too
disappointed.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2015 1:49 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> The truth about Trung Nguyen coffee is that it's flavored coffee. I
> always thought they somehow processed the coffee in a new way to make a
> smooth Kona style coffee.

What is Kona style? IMO, it is either Kona or a fake. It is a coffee of
specific origin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2015 2:16 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:38:42 -0500, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
> snip
>>
>> For the best cuppa, nothing, but NOTHING brews better:
>> http://www.amazon.com/Bialetti-Expre...espresso+maker
>> Naturally coffee is ALL about the water.
>>

> This is what I have always used
> http://tinyurl.com/qapgk9c

I wonder how this compares
http://shop.lacolombe.com/collection...roducts/dragon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28/02/2015 12:16 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:38:42 -0500, Brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
> snip
>>
>> For the best cuppa, nothing, but NOTHING brews better:
>> http://www.amazon.com/Bialetti-Expre...espresso+maker
>> Naturally coffee is ALL about the water.
>>

> This is what I have always used
> http://tinyurl.com/qapgk9c

I used to use one of those but after friends demonstrated this:
http://www.cuisinart.com/products/co...dgb-900bc.html
I bought one. When I'm working, it's ideal as the flask is double wall
vacuum and keeps the coffee hot all day.
Suits me!
Graham

--
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
Victor Stenger