Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Glyphosate and the deterioration of America's health

Abstract

A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
cancer.

http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:54:55 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> Abstract
>
> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
> cancer.
>
> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
>
> --
> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

All BS.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> Abstract
>
> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
> cancer.
>
> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health

I know a guy in the neighborhood who was born 20 years ago. I think it is
all his fault.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/12/2014 8:54 AM, sf wrote:
> Abstract
>
> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
> cancer.
>
> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health

Look at the source of the article. Hardly a trustworthy source!!!
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 17/12/2014 8:54 AM, sf wrote:
>> Abstract
>>
>> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
>> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
>> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
>> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
>> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
>> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
>> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
>> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
>> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
>> cancer.
>>
>> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
>>

> Look at the source of the article. Hardly a trustworthy source!!!
> Graham

Right Graham, how could it possibly be right? Glyphosate has also been
implicated in liver and kidney lesions in cattle as well as sheep and other
farmed animals. It has been implicated in the steady rise of spontaneous
abortions in them as well. Prions are a recent discovery and there is a
damming link to them and glyphosate. Absolutely no scientific study, no
matter how carefully done, can accurately be predict the effects of a
chemical, let alone one like glyphosate, over the long term. Cannot be
done. The infamous "rodent model" has been a near perfect failure and is
all but useless.

And it isn't just humans affected. Animals, especially domestic pet
species, have been experiencing a parallel increase in diseases previously
all but unknown to them including diabetes, hyperthyroidism and cancer.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:23:43 -0800 (PST), Roy >
> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:54:55 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>>> Abstract
>>>
>>> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
>>> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
>>> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
>>> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
>>> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
>>> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
>>> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
>>> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
>>> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
>>> cancer.
>>>
>>> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
>>>
>>> --
>>> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

>>All BS.

> Strange how people blindly and religiously reject this kind of
> information.

not nearly as strange as how some people blindly and religiously accept this
kind of information, which has a complete lack of foundation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 06:49:02 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:23:43 -0800 (PST), Roy >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:54:55 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>>> Abstract
>>>
>>> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
>>> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
>>> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
>>> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
>>> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
>>> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
>>> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
>>> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
>>> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
>>> cancer.
>>>
>>> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
>>>
>>> --
>>> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

>>All BS.

>Strange how people blindly and religiously reject this kind of
>information.

Or blindly and religiously accept it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 06:49:02 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:23:43 -0800 (PST), Roy >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:54:55 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>>> Abstract
>>>
>>> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
>>> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
>>> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
>>> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
>>> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
>>> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
>>> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
>>> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
>>> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
>>> cancer.
>>>
>>> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
>>>
>>> --
>>> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

>>All BS.

>Strange how people blindly and religiously reject this kind of
>information.

Lead author of the article mentioned has no expertise in this area:

"Her research interests were in the area of laser light transmission
and scattering through optically dense media. She has expertise in
Radiative Transport, Mie scattering, Remote Sensing and Imaging,
Non-destructive Testing, Ultra-fast Photography, Frequency Agile Laser
Eye and Sensor Protection, Photonic Crystals, Optical Phase
Conjugation, and Quantum Optics. "
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/12/2014 12:56 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 06:49:02 +1100, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:23:43 -0800 (PST), Roy >
>> wrote:

>>> All BS.

>> Strange how people blindly and religiously reject this kind of
>> information.

> Or blindly and religiously accept it.

Nearly 4 years ago, half-witted city councillors, led by some who
believed everything they read on quack websites, voted to remove
fluoride from the Calgary's drinking water. The dental and medical
professions fought this to no avail.
This month, the dentists reported a significant rise in dental caries in
young children and seniors.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 07:13:14 +1100, Bruce > wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:10:22 -0700, graham > wrote:

>>Nearly 4 years ago, half-witted city councillors, led by some who
>>believed everything they read on quack websites, voted to remove
>>fluoride from the Calgary's drinking water. The dental and medical
>>professions fought this to no avail.
>>This month, the dentists reported a significant rise in dental caries in
>>young children and seniors.

>Why would you add anything to something as basic as drinking water?
>People can take their own fluoride pills if they want. I don't need
>Big Brother to force it down my throat.

You aren't very smart, are you? Anti-vaxer, too?

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-12-17 15:54:51 +0000, sf said:

> Abstract
>
> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
> cancer.
>
> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health

The danger of constant low-level exposure to herbicides and pesticides
is finally being recognized by a broader segment of the public. You
can bet that the big ag companies, farmers, lobbyists, big-ag funded
university researchers, and politicians will be muddying the waters
surrounding this issue for many years to come though.

"http://www.cornucopia.org/2014/12/monsanto-suggests-roundup-herbicide-treatment-many-crops-right-harvest-not-just-roundup-ready-gmos/"

Today many farmers spray right before harvest, both to control weeds
for the next season and to kill the crops so machine harvesting is much
easier. This probably significantly effects the nutritional profile of
the crops as well as essentially infusing them with poison.

Traditionally, grain crops were harvested, bundled, and 'sweated' for a
while which increased the available nutrition significantly, as well as
making them tastier. If you can obtain it in your area, freekh is a
wonderful wheat product that is grown and harvested entirely by hand,
and then treated with the traditional sweating process followed by
burning off the stalks and leaves. It's probably the closest one can
get to what wheat used to be before heavy mechanization and then
pesticides make crops unhealthy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-12-17 17:37:17 +0000, graham said:

> On 17/12/2014 8:54 AM, sf wrote:
>> Abstract
>>
>> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
>> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
>> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
>> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
>> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
>> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
>> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
>> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
>> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
>> cancer.
>>
>> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
>>

> Look at the source of the article. Hardly a trustworthy source!!!
> Graham

How about you drink a quart of this and get back to us?

Or maybe just lightly mist all your food with Roundup every day. Oh
wait - if you eat non-organically grown grains and veggies you're
already doing this.

Cancer time is coming to a biological system near you. Perhaps very,
very near or even inside you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 5:54:55 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> Abstract
>
> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
> cancer.
>
> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
>
> --
> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

It's very poor science. You could say there's a correlation between these diseases and global warming or the cost of living. The article says that the results of the Serralini study is clear: "doses of Roundup at only half the level allowed in EU tap water were found to cause severe liver and kidney damage and hormonal disturbances." That would be like saying the Three Little Pigs is clear proof that a wolf could blow a house down.

Welcome to the new world of hack science. It's the same as the old except a lot more people believe in it faster. No need to wait for that messy peer review stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9ralini_affair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-12-17 20:46:56 +0000, Oregonian Haruspex said:

> On 2014-12-17 17:37:17 +0000, graham said:
>
>> On 17/12/2014 8:54 AM, sf wrote:
>>> Abstract
>>>
>>> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
>>> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
>>> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
>>> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
>>> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
>>> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
>>> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
>>> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
>>> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
>>> cancer.
>>>
>>> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
>>>

>> Look at the source of the article. Hardly a trustworthy source!!!
>> Graham

> How about you drink a quart of this and get back to us?
>
> Or maybe just lightly mist all your food with Roundup every day. Oh
> wait - if you eat non-organically grown grains and veggies you're
> already doing this.
>
> Cancer time is coming to a biological system near you. Perhaps very,
> very near or even inside you.

I must add that threads like this are excellent for flushing out the
big-ag trolls and the "sciency" types who have no data or research to
back their "sciency" pronouncements, but are ready to be insulting and
dismissive at the drop of a hat. These folks (who wish us to enjoy our
xanthan-gum and polysorbate-80 infused "cream," our Roundup„¢ infused
plants, and our hormone and anti-biotic laden meats all wrapped and
packaged in BPA-plastic) probably don't want us to make the very
obvious connections between big-ag, corporate sponsored "peer-reviewed"
"university research," lobbying, and political decisions that
adulterate the food supply and poison us all just for another nickel.

So thanks SF and thanks to all the pro-herbicide trolls who doubtless
think that their regular doses of poison make them more intelligent.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:51:03 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:48:14 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <>
> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 5:54:55 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> >> Abstract
> >>
> >> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
> >> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
> >> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
> >> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
> >> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
> >> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
> >> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
> >> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
> >> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
> >> cancer.
> >>
> >> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
> >>
> >> --
> >> A kitchen without a cook is just a room

> >It's very poor science. You could say there's a correlation between these diseases
> >and global warming or the cost of living. The article says that the results of the Serralini
> >study is clear: "doses of Roundup at only half the level allowed in EU
> >tap water were found to cause severe liver and kidney damage and
> >hormonal disturbances." That would be like saying the Three Little
> >Pigs is clear proof that a wolf could blow a house down.

> (I cleaned up the Google mess; invoice to follow)
>
> It's as simple as this: When in doubt, don't consume poison.

I would be very fearful of Roundup if I photosynthesized food through my skin. If this is how you process nutrients, my suggestion is that you take a shower soon after being sprayed with the stuff. I don't do food in this way so... well, you know. :-)

> --
> Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 11:13:50 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:59:12 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <>
> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:51:03 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> >> (I cleaned up the Google mess; invoice to follow)
> >>
> >> It's as simple as this: When in doubt, don't consume poison.

> >I would be very fearful of Roundup if I photosynthesized food through my skin. If this is
> >how you process nutrients, my suggestion is that you take a shower soon after being sprayed
> >with the stuff. I don't do food in this way so... well, you know. :-)

> I know how it works. You've all been eating industrial non-organic
> food all your lives. It's a bit late now to admit that's been bad for
> you. Then you'd have a problem you can't solve. So I hope you can all
> find some sand to stick your head into. And remember: denial is ONLY a
> river in Egypt
>
> --
> Bruce

I don't let fear rule my life nor do I expect to live forever. If all goes according to plan, I'll be dead at 61. This is a food group but mostly all I hear is how food is going to kill you guys. You should be grateful that you have this problem and for all the foods you eat. The real threat is people dying because they lack food. If there was any justice in this world, you guys would be starving instead of turning your snotty little noses up at food. Ha ha, no smiley face for you!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/17/2014 2:55 PM, Reggie wrote:

>>> All BS.

>> Strange how people blindly and religiously reject this kind of
>> information.
>>

> not nearly as strange as how some people blindly and religiously accept this
> kind of information, which has a complete lack of foundation.

Amazing how anyone can blindly accept it or state it has a complete lack
of foundation.

It does deserve some study to get FACTS that support either side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:00:37 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:44:15 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <>
> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 11:13:50 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> >> I know how it works. You've all been eating industrial non-organic
> >> food all your lives. It's a bit late now to admit that's been bad for
> >> you. Then you'd have a problem you can't solve. So I hope you can all
> >> find some sand to stick your head into. And remember: denial is ONLY a
> >> river in Egypt
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bruce

> >I don't let fear rule my life nor do I expect to live forever. If all goes according to plan,
> >I'll be dead at 61. This is a food group but mostly all I hear is how
> >food is going to kill you guys. You should be grateful that you have
> >this problem and for all the foods you eat. The real threat is people
> >dying because they lack food. If there was any justice in this world,
> >you guys would be starving instead of turning your snotty little
> >noses up at food. Ha ha, no smiley face for you!

> (Google mess cleaned up again; you're welcome)
>
> With all these people dying from lack of food, what's your snotty
> little nose doing in a cooking newsgroup? Go save those people! Quick,
> you only have until 61!
>
> --
> Bruce

That's an excellent response but I don't have much time in this world so I won't be able to do the old back and forth with you. Now I gotta go save some starving people i.e., my wife. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBxUaEeygT4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/17/2014 3:51 PM, Bruce wrote:

> It's as simple as this: When in doubt, don't consume poison.

Yrs, but we don't always know if it is on our fruits and veggies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:46:56 -0800, Oregonian Haruspex
> wrote:

>On 2014-12-17 17:37:17 +0000, graham said:
>
>> On 17/12/2014 8:54 AM, sf wrote:
>>> Abstract
>>>
>>> A huge increase in the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases
>>> has been reported in the United States (US) over the last 20 years.
>>> Similar increases have been seen globally. The herbicide glyphosate
>>> was introduced in 1974 and its use is accelerating with the advent of
>>> herbicide-tolerant genetically engineered (GE) crops. Evidence is
>>> mounting that glyphosate interferes with many metabolic processes in
>>> plants and animals and glyphosate residues have been detected in both.
>>> Glyphosate disrupts the endocrine system and the balance of gut
>>> bacteria, it damages DNA and is a driver of mutations that lead to
>>> cancer.
>>>
>>> http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health
>>>

>> Look at the source of the article. Hardly a trustworthy source!!!
>> Graham

>How about you drink a quart of this and get back to us?
>
>Or maybe just lightly mist all your food with Roundup every day. Oh
>wait - if you eat non-organically grown grains and veggies you're
>already doing this.
>
>Cancer time is coming to a biological system near you. Perhaps very,
>very near or even inside you.

Why don't you present some facts instead of tossing diesel on that
slippery slope and sliding headlong down it?

All that information out there online and instead of people wising up
with it, it breeds more ****ing idiots like you.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/17/2014 8:24 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:46:56 -0800, Oregonian Haruspex
> > wrote:
>
>> Or maybe just lightly mist all your food with Roundup every day. Oh
>> wait - if you eat non-organically grown grains and veggies you're
>> already doing this.

And once again... unless you grow and harvest those fruits, grains and
vegetables yourself that "organic" label doesn't mean squat.

> Why don't you present some facts instead of tossing diesel on that
> slippery slope and sliding headlong down it?
>
> All that information out there online and instead of people wising up
> with it, it breeds more ****ing idiots like you.
>
> Boron

You're asking entirely too much.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown > wrote:
> On 12/17/2014 8:24 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:46:56 -0800, Oregonian Haruspex
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Or maybe just lightly mist all your food with Roundup every day. Oh
>>> wait - if you eat non-organically grown grains and veggies you're
>>> already doing this.
>>>

> And once again... unless you grow and harvest those fruits, grains and
> vegetables yourself that "organic" label doesn't mean squat.

How do you figure? Depending on the organic certification, it could mean
anything from "pesticide and herbicide free and grown on soil that never
had pesticides or herbicides" to "minimally sprayed."

>> Why don't you present some facts instead of tossing diesel on that
>> slippery slope and sliding headlong down it?
>>
>> All that information out there online and instead of people wising up
>> with it, it breeds more ****ing idiots like you.
>>
>> Boron
>>

> You're asking entirely too much.

You enjoy your cancer-causing pesticide laden plants and hormone and
antibiotic-laden meats and your xanthan gum and polysorbate-80 adulterated
cream. Fine! But don't try to convince people that this pathetic fake
food is actually wholesome.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 20:33:42 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/17/2014 8:24 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:46:56 -0800, Oregonian Haruspex
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Or maybe just lightly mist all your food with Roundup every day. Oh
>>> wait - if you eat non-organically grown grains and veggies you're
>>> already doing this.
>>>

>And once again... unless you grow and harvest those fruits, grains and
>vegetables yourself that "organic" label doesn't mean squat.
>
>> Why don't you present some facts instead of tossing diesel on that
>> slippery slope and sliding headlong down it?
>>
>> All that information out there online and instead of people wising up
>> with it, it breeds more ****ing idiots like you.
>>
>> Boron
>>

>You're asking entirely too much.
>
>Jill

Perhaps.

I am a devoted organic home gardener and consider myself as a person
very aware of environmental and health concerns.

I am also a researcher by trade, and quite familiar with statistics,
research studies, valid and reliable journal and article publications,
as well as how the press often reports or misreports such things.

Facts talk, bullshit walks. Lotta walking these days.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-12-18, Boron Elgar > wrote:

> Facts talk, bullshit walks. Lotta walking these days.

Lotta concealment, too. The GMO industries have yet to release test
results on their products.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18 Dec 2014 15:54:41 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2014-12-18, Boron Elgar > wrote:
>>
>> Facts talk, bullshit walks. Lotta walking these days.

>Lotta concealment, too. The GMO industries have yet to release test
>results on their products.
>
>nb

The GMO "industry" covers a mighty vast territory of products. What
are you talking about specifically?

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:46:18 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

> On 18 Dec 2014 15:54:41 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
> >On 2014-12-18, Boron Elgar > wrote:
> >>
> >> Facts talk, bullshit walks. Lotta walking these days.

> >Lotta concealment, too. The GMO industries have yet to release test
> >results on their products.
> >
> >nb

> The GMO "industry" covers a mighty vast territory of products. What
> are you talking about specifically?

What happens when mammals ingest roundup. There's plenty to learn.
We know now that the pesticides seeds are bathed in is what's killing
the bee population.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:08:36 PM UTC-8, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 06:49:02 +1100, Bruce > wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:23:43 -0800 (PST), Roy >
> >wrote:

> >>All BS.

> >Strange how people blindly and religiously reject this kind of
> >information.

> Lead author of the article mentioned has no expertise in this area:
>
> "Her research interests were in the area of laser light transmission
> and scattering through optically dense media. She has expertise in
> Radiative Transport, Mie scattering, Remote Sensing and Imaging,
> Non-destructive Testing, Ultra-fast Photography, Frequency Agile Laser
> Eye and Sensor Protection, Photonic Crystals, Optical Phase
> Conjugation, and Quantum Optics. "

You don't have to be a meteorologist to tell if it's raining.

Science Phds are generally able to crunch data, which is all that
that paper purports to do. Hopefully someone with a bio/biochem background
will be able to construct a theory that would account for those results.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:13:18 PM UTC-8, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:10:22 -0700, graham > wrote:

> >> Or blindly and religiously accept it.
> >>

> >Nearly 4 years ago, half-witted city councillors, led by some who
> >believed everything they read on quack websites, voted to remove
> >fluoride from the Calgary's drinking water. The dental and medical
> >professions fought this to no avail.
> >This month, the dentists reported a significant rise in dental caries in
> >young children and seniors.

> Why would you add anything to something as basic as drinking water?
> People can take their own fluoride pills if they want. I don't need
> Big Brother to force it down my throat.

Conservatives are always afraid that something will be shoved down their
throats. I think that shows latent homophobia.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:23:52 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:13:18 PM UTC-8, Bruce wrote:

http://gmwatch.eu/index.php/news/arc...erica-s-health

>> >Nearly 4 years ago, half-witted city councillors, led by some who
>> >believed everything they read on quack websites, voted to remove
>> >fluoride from the Calgary's drinking water. The dental and medical
>> >professions fought this to no avail.
>> >This month, the dentists reported a significant rise in dental caries in
>> >young children and seniors.

>> Why would you add anything to something as basic as drinking water?
>> People can take their own fluoride pills if they want. I don't need
>> Big Brother to force it down my throat.
>>

>Conservatives are always afraid that something will be shoved down their
>throats. I think that shows latent homophobia.

Ahh, the old coke vs pepsi argument.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:08:45 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>Ahh, the old coke vs pepsi argument.

I was involved with some of the original Coke vs Pepsi consumer
testing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-12-18 18:20:45 +0000, sf said:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:46:18 -0500, Boron Elgar
> > wrote:

>>> Lotta concealment, too. The GMO industries have yet to release test
>>> results on their products.
>>>
>>> nb

>> The GMO "industry" covers a mighty vast territory of products. What
>> are you talking about specifically?
>>

> What happens when mammals ingest roundup. There's plenty to learn.
> We know now that the pesticides seeds are bathed in is what's killing
> the bee population.

Why even bother to argue with the trolls that seem to swarm to every
topic that threatens the profitable status quo? These guys aren't
interested in conversation, evidence, or dialogue. They're here to
disrupt any discussion that might emerge and drive people away.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18/12/2014 3:02 PM, Oregonian Haruspex wrote:
> On 2014-12-18 18:20:45 +0000, sf said:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:46:18 -0500, Boron Elgar
>> > wrote:

> Why even bother to argue with the trolls that seem to swarm to every
> topic that threatens the profitable status quo? These guys aren't
> interested in conversation, evidence, or dialogue. They're here to
> disrupt any discussion that might emerge and drive people away.

A. I am not a troll!
B. I am a scientist who was trained to think, and think critically. In
other words, I question everything! I am not in the pocket of Big Agri,
Big Pharma or Big Oil.
When unqualified people (often 2-bit journalists) make assertions
without basis in fact, but conflate unrelated data, I speak up, much
like Boron.
Your comments are more befitting those of a troll.
So get stuffed!
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
> wrote:

> Honey, you started out with the argumentum ad hominem, and now you're
> just digging yourself a bigger hole. Why not quit while you're behind?

Isn't inappropriate condescension fun! I see you know three Latin
words. Good job!
Ad hominem, my ass. That's what Usenet is.

[Ob:Food] chili dogs tonight. Chili, hotdogs, cheese, bun, tomato and
onion. Marvelous. Oh, and Fritos for a side.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:07:41 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 18/12/2014 3:02 PM, Oregonian Haruspex wrote:
>> On 2014-12-18 18:20:45 +0000, sf said:
>>
>>> On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:46:18 -0500, Boron Elgar

>> Why even bother to argue with the trolls that seem to swarm to every
>> topic that threatens the profitable status quo? These guys aren't
>> interested in conversation, evidence, or dialogue. They're here to
>> disrupt any discussion that might emerge and drive people away.
>>

>A. I am not a troll!
>B. I am a scientist who was trained to think, and think critically. In
>other words, I question everything! I am not in the pocket of Big Agri,
>Big Pharma or Big Oil.
>When unqualified people (often 2-bit journalists) make assertions
>without basis in fact, but conflate unrelated data, I speak up, much
>like Boron.
>Your comments are more befitting those of a troll.
>So get stuffed!
>Graham

Amen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 19, 2014 12:09:02 AM UTC-8, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
>
> > Honey, you started out with the argumentum ad hominem, and now you're
> > just digging yourself a bigger hole. Why not quit while you're behind?

> Isn't inappropriate condescension fun! I see you know three Latin
> words. Good job!
> Ad hominem, my ass. That's what Usenet is.

Bullets whistle harmlessly over Blaisdell's head.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 16:42:24 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:08:45 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>

>>Ahh, the old coke vs pepsi argument.

>I was involved with some of the original Coke vs Pepsi consumer
>testing.

Willingly?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 07:24:32 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 16:42:24 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:08:45 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>>

>>>Ahh, the old coke vs pepsi argument.

>>I was involved with some of the original Coke vs Pepsi consumer
>>testing.

>Willingly?

Profitably.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:50:55 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 07:24:32 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 16:42:24 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>>>I was involved with some of the original Coke vs Pepsi consumer
>>>testing.

>>Willingly?

>Profitably.

Well I hope it was profitable enough to make the experience
worthwhile.