Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What's the best Kitchenaid mixer????

On 12/14/2014 10:00 AM, Janet B wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:00:40 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>>> Yeah, all us Janets are the quality testing team.
>>> Post them while they're fresh as we mark down for staleness..

>> Argh, I forgot about the JCCQA* requirement.
>>
>> Next up will be either peanut butter or almond crescent.
>> Expect my submission soon.
>>
>> nancny
>>
>> *Janet Collective Cookie Quality Assurance

> Oooh, oooh, oooh! Are you going to put a chocolate kiss on each
> peanut butter cookie? I've never done that but it looked festive and
> tasty.
> Janet US

I saw something on Facebook that had one of those "Elf on a Shelf" elves
squatting over the Hershey kiss on the cookie. It looked like he was
taking a dump on the cookie.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 14/12/2014 4:27 AM, Janet wrote:

>>> I have one of those common-or-garden variety hand driven machines.
>>> The likes of Jamie Oliver make it look so easy to use but I'm just about
>>> ready to sell mine or even give it away! The last batch I made was to
>>> practise so that I could show my grandchildren how to make pasta. I
>>> found it more trouble than it was worth in the end.

>> Persevere. My DIL got one as a wedding present and after lots of
>> practise makes all sorts of wonderful pasta with it. I've had a go on
>> her handcrank machine and found I really needed a spare pare of hands,
>> one pair to feed and crank and the other to catch the pasta. DIL found
>> the same to begin with but now manages by herself.
>>
>> You might have to get the Grands to help, and all learn together.
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

> It's that extra pair of hands that is needed. I'm sure the grands would
> help but after my last attempt, I didn't want to chance it.

I manage ... mostly) Hubby is always around if needed)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 12/14/2014 10:00 AM, Janet B wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:00:40 -0500, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> Argh, I forgot about the JCCQA* requirement.
>>>
>>> Next up will be either peanut butter or almond crescent.
>>> Expect my submission soon.
>>>
>>> nancny
>>>
>>> *Janet Collective Cookie Quality Assurance

>> Oooh, oooh, oooh! Are you going to put a chocolate kiss on each
>> peanut butter cookie? I've never done that but it looked festive and
>> tasty.
>> Janet US
>>

> I saw something on Facebook that had one of those "Elf on a Shelf" elves
> squatting over the Hershey kiss on the cookie. It looked like he was
> taking a dump on the cookie.

ewwwwwwwwww

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 20:14:39 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> > I saw something on Facebook that had one of those "Elf on a Shelf" elves
> > squatting over the Hershey kiss on the cookie. It looked like he was
> > taking a dump on the cookie.

> ewwwwwwwwww

I've seen it and didn't think it was cute either.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/14/2014 11:00 AM, Janet B wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:00:40 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>> Next up will be either peanut butter or almond crescent.
>> Expect my submission soon.

> Oooh, oooh, oooh! Are you going to put a chocolate kiss on each
> peanut butter cookie? I've never done that but it looked festive and
> tasty.

Oooh! I haven't made the peanut butter yet, just working on
the almond crescent dough this morning.

Assuming I get to the supermarket before tackling the peanut
butter, I will do the Kisses! Thanks!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 08:02:38 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 20:14:39 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>> > I saw something on Facebook that had one of those "Elf on a Shelf" elves
>> > squatting over the Hershey kiss on the cookie. It looked like he was
>> > taking a dump on the cookie.

>> ewwwwwwwwww

>I've seen it and didn't think it was cute either.

I guess my mind doesn't run that way or the thing you have seen is
something I haven't.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2014 12:05 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 08:02:38 -0800, sf > wrote:

>>> ewwwwwwwwww

>> I've seen it and didn't think it was cute either.

> I guess my mind doesn't run that way or the thing you have seen is
> something I haven't.

(laugh) I just looked up an image. There are some ...
imaginative people out there.

My sil made acorns out of kisses and mini nilla wafers, no
one could say those weren't cute.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2014 11:05 AM, Janet B wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 08:02:38 -0800, sf > wrote:

>>> ewwwwwwwwww

>> I've seen it and didn't think it was cute either.

> I guess my mind doesn't run that way or the thing you have seen is
> something I haven't.
> Janet US

I thought it was rather gross.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:28:15 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> My sil made acorns out of kisses and mini nilla wafers, no
> one could say those weren't cute.

I'd like that too.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:06:01 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 12/14/2014 11:00 AM, Janet B wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:00:40 -0500, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> Next up will be either peanut butter or almond crescent.
> >> Expect my submission soon.

> > Oooh, oooh, oooh! Are you going to put a chocolate kiss on each
> > peanut butter cookie? I've never done that but it looked festive and
> > tasty.

> Oooh! I haven't made the peanut butter yet, just working on
> the almond crescent dough this morning.
>
> Assuming I get to the supermarket before tackling the peanut
> butter, I will do the Kisses! Thanks!

One brand of chocolate chips is broader and flatter than most
(Ghiradelli, I think), that one would look great as your accent chip.
http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/le...n/IMG_1882.jpg

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

×ÔÏÒÎÉË, 9 ÄÅËÁÂÒÑ 2014šÇ., 17:52:12 UTC+3 ÐÏÌØÚÏ×ÁÔÅÌØ Nancy Young ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ:

> I have wanted one for YEARS and never really could
> justify it. Also, where to store it. I'm not a baker.
> Blah blah blah.
>
> Well, I'm done dithering.
>
> Is the lift bowl feature something to look for? I'm just
> kidding about the Best one, I would like a good one, though.
>
> nancy

ÌÅÎÄÅÒÙ É ÍÉËÓÅÒÙ http://shopbody.ru/blenders.0.0.html íÉËÓÅÒÙ, ÂÌÅÎÄÅÒÙ, ÉÚÍÅÌØÞÉÔÅÌÉ ÐÏ ×ÙÇÏÄÎÙÍ ÃÅÎÁÍ ÏÔ 190 ÒÕÂ. íÉËÓÅÒÙ, ÂÌÅÎÄÅÒÙ, ÉÚÍÅÌØÞÉÔÅÌÉ - ÂÏÌØÛÏÊ ÁÓÓÏÒÔÉÍÅÎÔ ÎÁ ×ÙÇÏÄÎÙÈ ÕÓÌÏ×ÉÑÈ.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-12-09 14:52:05 +0000, Nancy Young said:

> I have wanted one for YEARS and never really could
> justify it. Also, where to store it. I'm not a baker.
> Blah blah blah.
>
> Well, I'm done dithering.
>
> Is the lift bowl feature something to look for? I'm just
> kidding about the Best one, I would like a good one, though.
>
> nancy

We bought the one at Costco for Becky. Six-quart lift bowl. She loves
it. It has 1HP motor.
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/17/2014 5:55 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> On 2014-12-09 14:52:05 +0000, Nancy Young said:

>> Is the lift bowl feature something to look for? I'm just
>> kidding about the Best one, I would like a good one, though.

> We bought the one at Costco for Becky. Six-quart lift bowl. She loves
> it. It has 1HP motor.

I thought if Melba was still around, she'd know the answer.
Meanwhile, I was so excited I bought it like 15 minutes after
I posted. I really did have my heart set on the bowl lift.

I put that sucker to the test and made THREE batches of
almond crescent cookies at once. It didn't test the machine
at all, but it was kind of filling the bowl during mixing.

I just love it, I should have gotten this mixer years ago.

Thanks for the feedback.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-12-18 03:15:45 +0000, Nancy Young said:

> On 12/17/2014 5:55 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> On 2014-12-09 14:52:05 +0000, Nancy Young said:

>>> Is the lift bowl feature something to look for? I'm just
>>> kidding about the Best one, I would like a good one, though.

>> We bought the one at Costco for Becky. Six-quart lift bowl. She loves
>> it. It has 1HP motor.

> I thought if Melba was still around, she'd know the answer.
> Meanwhile, I was so excited I bought it like 15 minutes after
> I posted. I really did have my heart set on the bowl lift.
>
> I put that sucker to the test and made THREE batches of
> almond crescent cookies at once. It didn't test the machine
> at all, but it was kind of filling the bowl during mixing.
>
> I just love it, I should have gotten this mixer years ago.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> nancy

When I got mine 30 years or so back, Nancy, I groused about the lift --
stop, lift, scrape, lift, start. Took me only a couple uses to get
used to it.

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2015 10:38 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> On 2014-12-18 03:15:45 +0000, Nancy Young said:

>> I thought if Melba was still around, she'd know the answer.
>> Meanwhile, I was so excited I bought it like 15 minutes after
>> I posted. I really did have my heart set on the bowl lift.

> When I got mine 30 years or so back, Nancy, I groused about the lift --
> stop, lift, scrape, lift, start. Took me only a couple uses to get used
> to it.

Ha, the first day I forgot to lift the bowl back into position
to mix a few times. Doesn't work that well when the paddle
doesn't reach the dough.

Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2015 11:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 1/26/2015 10:38 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> On 2014-12-18 03:15:45 +0000, Nancy Young said:

>>> I thought if Melba was still around, she'd know the answer.
>>> Meanwhile, I was so excited I bought it like 15 minutes after
>>> I posted. I really did have my heart set on the bowl lift.

>> When I got mine 30 years or so back, Nancy, I groused about the lift --
>> stop, lift, scrape, lift, start. Took me only a couple uses to get used
>> to it.

> Ha, the first day I forgot to lift the bowl back into position
> to mix a few times. Doesn't work that well when the paddle
> doesn't reach the dough.
>
> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.
>
> nancy

Good luck with it!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 1/26/2015 10:38 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> On 2014-12-18 03:15:45 +0000, Nancy Young said:

>>> I thought if Melba was still around, she'd know the answer.
>>> Meanwhile, I was so excited I bought it like 15 minutes after
>>> I posted. I really did have my heart set on the bowl lift.

>> When I got mine 30 years or so back, Nancy, I groused about the lift --
>> stop, lift, scrape, lift, start. Took me only a couple uses to get used
>> to it.

> Ha, the first day I forgot to lift the bowl back into position
> to mix a few times. Doesn't work that well when the paddle
> doesn't reach the dough.
>
> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.

Sounds the same as my Kenwood

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2015 11:51 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/26/2015 11:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
>> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.

> Good luck with it!

Thanks! Seems like a good thing to do on a snowy day.
I don't know HOW we'll ever dig out of the 6 inches we
got. I could be stuck here for a while.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 7:20 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Ha, the first day I forgot to lift the bowl back into position
>> to mix a few times. Doesn't work that well when the paddle
>> doesn't reach the dough.
>>
>> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
>> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.

> Sounds the same as my Kenwood

The paddle needs to touch the dough to be useful? Heh.

It's still my favorite toy.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 9:00 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 1/27/2015 7:20 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote
>>> Ha, the first day I forgot to lift the bowl back into position
>>> to mix a few times. Doesn't work that well when the paddle
>>> doesn't reach the dough.
>>>
>>> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
>>> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.

>> Sounds the same as my Kenwood

> The paddle needs to touch the dough to be useful? Heh.
>
> It's still my favorite toy.

Mine, too!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 9:10 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 1/27/2015 9:00 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>> It's still my favorite toy.
>>

> Mine, too!

What was I waiting for? Unanswerable question.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 9:25 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 1/27/2015 9:10 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 1/27/2015 9:00 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> It's still my favorite toy.
>>>

>> Mine, too!

> What was I waiting for? Unanswerable question.

I made sure my d-i-l and daughter didn't have to wait - I gave each of
them a KitchenAid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 9:56 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 1/27/2015 9:25 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Mine, too!

>> What was I waiting for? Unanswerable question.
>>

> I made sure my d-i-l and daughter didn't have to wait - I gave each of
> them a KitchenAid.

How nice is that!? The best. I'm sure they appreciate it,
I know I would have.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 10:03 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 1/27/2015 9:56 AM, S Viemeister wrote:

>>> What was I waiting for? Unanswerable question.
>>>

>> I made sure my d-i-l and daughter didn't have to wait - I gave each of
>> them a KitchenAid.

> How nice is that!? The best. I'm sure they appreciate it,
> I know I would have.

My mother-in-law gave me one about 35 years ago - it still works
beautifully. That's the one my daughter has now - I upgraded myself to
the one you have.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 1/27/2015 7:20 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Ha, the first day I forgot to lift the bowl back into position
>>> to mix a few times. Doesn't work that well when the paddle
>>> doesn't reach the dough.
>>>
>>> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
>>> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.

>> Sounds the same as my Kenwood

> The paddle needs to touch the dough to be useful? Heh.
>
> It's still my favorite toy.

Enjoy!!! )))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 1/27/2015 9:10 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 1/27/2015 9:00 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> It's still my favorite toy.
>>>

>> Mine, too!

> What was I waiting for? Unanswerable question.

Who knows? You got there in the end though, eh? <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 1/26/2015 11:51 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/26/2015 11:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
>>> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.

>> Good luck with it!

> Thanks! Seems like a good thing to do on a snowy day.
> I don't know HOW we'll ever dig out of the 6 inches we
> got. I could be stuck here for a while.

I can't think of anything better on a cold and snowy day, than making
bread))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 1/27/2015 9:25 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Mine, too!

>> What was I waiting for? Unanswerable question.
>>

> I made sure my d-i-l and daughter didn't have to wait - I gave each of
> them a KitchenAid.

How do they compare to the Kenwood?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 8:58 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 1/26/2015 11:51 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/26/2015 11:29 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
>>> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.

>> Good luck with it!

> Thanks! Seems like a good thing to do on a snowy day.
> I don't know HOW we'll ever dig out of the 6 inches we
> got. I could be stuck here for a while.
>
> nancy

(laughing) Yep, you're pretty much stuck. Even I had to deal with that
occasionally when I lived in west TN.

I'll bet the house will smell wonderful!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> I can't think of anything better on a cold and snowy day, than making
> bread))

Bread is good but I prefer soup. I'm out of it too so I need to make
another batch very soon. First must buy chicken to make the broth
base.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I can't think of anything better on a cold and snowy day, than making
>> bread))

> Bread is good but I prefer soup. I'm out of it too so I need to make
> another batch very soon. First must buy chicken to make the broth
> base.

Soup too)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-27 04:29:50 +0000, Nancy Young said:

> On 1/26/2015 10:38 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> On 2014-12-18 03:15:45 +0000, Nancy Young said:

>>> I thought if Melba was still around, she'd know the answer.
>>> Meanwhile, I was so excited I bought it like 15 minutes after
>>> I posted. I really did have my heart set on the bowl lift.

>> When I got mine 30 years or so back, Nancy, I groused about the lift --
>> stop, lift, scrape, lift, start. Took me only a couple uses to get used
>> to it.

> Ha, the first day I forgot to lift the bowl back into position
> to mix a few times. Doesn't work that well when the paddle
> doesn't reach the dough.
>
> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.
>
> nancy

I use a nice simple recipe that starts with the hook, Nancy. I'm Still
Mags posted it here maybe 3-4 years ago.

White Bread

Recipe By: Post to r.f.c., 10-14-2010. by ImStillMags

Yield: 2 loaves

Ingredients:

2 cups warm water, (110°)

4 teaspoons active dry yeast

1 tablespoon sugar

1/4 cup oil or melted butter

5 cups bread flour

2 teaspoons salt, (use 1 tablespoon)

Directions:

Combine water, yeast, and sugar; let proof for 5 minutes. Add oil.
While yeast is proofing, whisk together flour and salt in mixer bowl.

Add yeast mixture to flour and stir in. Using a dough hook, mix for
about 5 minutes on low speed.

Cover bowl and place in a warm, draft-free, place (oven that was
preheated for one minute is a good spot if the weather is cool) and let
raise for 25 minutes.

Punch down dough and divide into two 1-1/2# portions. Preheat oven to
350 degrees.

Roll out to rectangular shape, embellish as desired or leave plain, and
roll up, placing formed loaf seam side down on an oiled pan. Cover
with oiled plastic wrap and let rise for 25 minutes. Bake in preheated
oven for 25-35 minutes.

Notes:

Good recipe and it makes a nice light loaf, though I think it can use
more than the two teaspoons of salt the recipe calls for. When I made
it the first time, I sprinkled rosemary, garlic, cheese, and kalamata
olives on the dough before rolling. Couldn't taste the rosemary. :-(

There are lots of possibilities for embellishing the loaves.

If I'm doing a freeform loaf, I use more flour for a little stiffer
dough that doesn't spread so much in rising.

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 10:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "S Viemeister" > wrote
>> I made sure my d-i-l and daughter didn't have to wait - I gave each of
>> them a KitchenAid.

> How do they compare to the Kenwood?

Years ago, I would have said they were about equal. The newer Kenwoods,
though, are flimsy compared to current KitchenAids.
I have a Kenwood in Scotland, which replaced one which decided that it
only had one speed - extra fast. The cost of the parts to repair it
wasn't that much less than a new one (on sale). I have a bunch of
Kenwood attachments (which won't fit a KitchenAid), which is why I
stayed with Kenwood.

I have no experience of the big pricey Kenwoods, though.

In my US kitchen, I have a KitchenAid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-27 15:44:34 +0000, Ophelia said:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message

>>> Good luck with it!

>> Thanks! Seems like a good thing to do on a snowy day.
>> I don't know HOW we'll ever dig out of the 6 inches we
>> got. I could be stuck here for a while.

> I can't think of anything better on a cold and snowy day, than making bread))

How about soup? I cooked the shank slices (lots of meat) last night
and defatted this morning. I'll freeze the broth (in liter quantity)
and meat separately. When I want to do vegetable soup, I'll cook the
vegetables in the broth and add the meat to heat. Pretty tasty.
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-27, S Viemeister > wrote:

> I have a bunch of
> Kenwood attachments (which won't fit a KitchenAid), which is why I
> stayed with Kenwood.

Gotta kibbe maker?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 12:44 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 1/27/2015 10:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "S Viemeister" > wrote
>>> I made sure my d-i-l and daughter didn't have to wait - I gave each of
>>> them a KitchenAid.

>> How do they compare to the Kenwood?
>>

> Years ago, I would have said they were about equal. The newer Kenwoods,
> though, are flimsy compared to current KitchenAids.
> I have a Kenwood in Scotland, which replaced one which decided that it
> only had one speed - extra fast. The cost of the parts to repair it
> wasn't that much less than a new one (on sale). I have a bunch of
> Kenwood attachments (which won't fit a KitchenAid), which is why I
> stayed with Kenwood.
>
> I have no experience of the big pricey Kenwoods, though.
>
> In my US kitchen, I have a KitchenAid.

The original bakery machine, miniaturized for the home kitchen as
KitchenAid, was made by Hobart. A local bakery has a bakery version on
display and it's surprising to see a mixer six feet tall!
--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 12:56 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-01-27, S Viemeister > wrote:
>
>> I have a bunch of
>> Kenwood attachments (which won't fit a KitchenAid), which is why I
>> stayed with Kenwood.

> Gotta kibbe maker?

Not yet. It's on my Amazon wish list.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 1:00 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> On 1/27/2015 12:44 PM, S Viemeister wrote:

>> In my US kitchen, I have a KitchenAid.

> The original bakery machine, miniaturized for the home kitchen as
> KitchenAid, was made by Hobart. A local bakery has a bakery version on
> display and it's surprising to see a mixer six feet tall!

Yes, I've seen those!
My original KitchenAid (now in my daughter's kitchen) was made by Hobart.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2015 12:44 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> On 2015-01-27 04:29:50 +0000, Nancy Young said:

>> Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at making bread. Should be
>> interesting. The recipe uses the flat paddle, then the hook.

> I use a nice simple recipe that starts with the hook, Nancy. I'm Still
> Mags posted it here maybe 3-4 years ago.

Oh, okay, I'll use that one next time. When I looked through
the book that came with the mixer, a couple of the recipes
looked kind of dicey to me, so when I decided to make bread,
I just looked around for a stand mixer recipe. This is what
I made:

http://thehomemadehomestead.com/?tag...r-bread-recipe

Came out nice, though I had my doubts when the dough didn't
rise as much as I expected.

Thanks for posting the recipe and comments again.

nancy