Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good-Bye

I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to
locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,
the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just
plain rudeness.

I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

--
David E. Ross

Visit "Cooking with David" at
<http://www.rossde.com/cooking/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"David E. Ross" > wrote in message
>I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to
> locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,
> the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just
> plain rudeness.
>
> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
> unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.
>
> --
> David E. Ross

I am pretty darned close myself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:22:11 AM UTC-6, Pico Rico wrote:
> "David E. Ross" > wrote in message

> >I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to

> > locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,

> > the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just

> > plain rudeness.

> > I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will

> > unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

> > --

> > David E. Ross

> I am pretty darned close myself.

What are WE supposed to do...beg you to stay? It is your choice.
If you can't stand the heat...stay out of the kitchen.
====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2014 11:34 AM, Roy wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:22:11 AM UTC-6, Pico Rico wrote:
>> "David E. Ross" > wrote in message

>>> I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to

>>> locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,

>>> the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just

>>> plain rudeness.

>>> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will

>>> unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

>>> --

>>> David E. Ross

>> I am pretty darned close myself.

> What are WE supposed to do...beg you to stay? It is your choice.
> If you can't stand the heat...stay out of the kitchen.
> ====

Yep. Or learn how to use a killfile and also to skip over posts that
aren't of interest. I refuse to be dragged into political discussions;
they have no place here. RFC ain't gonna solve the world's problems.
I'm smart enough to just mark the thread as read and move onto something
else.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:22:11 AM UTC-6, Pico Rico wrote:
>> "David E. Ross" > wrote in message

>> >I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to

>> > locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,

>> > the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just

>> > plain rudeness.

>> > I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I
>> > will

>> > unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

>> > --

>> > David E. Ross

>> I am pretty darned close myself.

> What are WE supposed to do...beg you to stay?
> ====

well, if you INSIST!

It is Koko's posts and Janet's recent threads on her smoker and brisket that
have kept my interest.

KF's only do so much when the malingering hoards cannot resist their
prepubescent urges to reply to every crackpot post.

Ignoring threads is ok, but when you have to ignore 90%, there is very
little wheat in the chaff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2014 10:20 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to
> locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,
> the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just
> plain rudeness.
>
> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
> unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/pac...bingo.jpg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-15, David E. Ross > wrote:

> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking.

Don't let the kitchen door hit ya' where the good lawd split ya'.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:58:47 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:
>
> well, if you INSIST!
>
> It is Koko's posts and Janet's recent threads on her smoker and brisket that
> have kept my interest.
>
> KF's only do so much when the malingering hoards cannot resist their
> prepubescent urges to reply to every crackpot post.
>
> Ignoring threads is ok, but when you have to ignore 90%, there is very
> little wheat in the chaff.

Are you part of the wheat or part of the chaff?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:22:11 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

>"David E. Ross" > wrote in message
>>I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to
>> locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,
>> the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just
>> plain rudeness.
>>
>> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
>> unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.
>>
>> --
>> David E. Ross

>I am pretty darned close myself.

It's no coincidense that those who threaten to leave contribute the
least wortwhile information.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-15 11:50 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> What are WE supposed to do...beg you to stay? It is your choice.
>> If you can't stand the heat...stay out of the kitchen.
>> ====
>>

> Yep. Or learn how to use a killfile and also to skip over posts that
> aren't of interest. I refuse to be dragged into political discussions;
> they have no place here. RFC ain't gonna solve the world's problems.
> I'm smart enough to just mark the thread as read and move onto something
> else.

I guess he just wanted to take his toys and go home.
Good for you to filter out what you don't want to read. It saves you
having your arm twisted to force you to read the rest. I am finding the
group easier to deal with after the recent kerplonking of three
compulsive posters, one a narcissistic trollette and two who were too
stupid to realize it, and a few others that fed her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:58:47 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>>
>> well, if you INSIST!
>>
>> It is Koko's posts and Janet's recent threads on her smoker and brisket
>> that
>> have kept my interest.
>>
>> KF's only do so much when the malingering hoards cannot resist their
>> prepubescent urges to reply to every crackpot post.
>>
>> Ignoring threads is ok, but when you have to ignore 90%, there is very
>> little wheat in the chaff.
>>

> Are you part of the wheat or part of the chaff?

well, I have good days and bad . . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-15 12:49 PM, sf wrote:

>> KF's only do so much when the malingering hoards cannot resist their
>> prepubescent urges to reply to every crackpot post.
>>
>> Ignoring threads is ok, but when you have to ignore 90%, there is very
>> little wheat in the chaff.
>>

> Are you part of the wheat or part of the chaff?

That tempted me to have a look at a couple dozen of his recent posts,
and I guess I'd have to say they are mostly chaff. I wasn't
complaining about it, but since he complained about it I guess it is
fair to point it out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"David E. Ross" > wrote in message
>I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to
> locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,
> the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just
> plain rudeness.
>
> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
> unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

There gioes my morning.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2014 1:24 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-10-15 12:49 PM, sf wrote:
>
>>> KF's only do so much when the malingering hoards cannot resist their
>>> prepubescent urges to reply to every crackpot post.
>>>
>>> Ignoring threads is ok, but when you have to ignore 90%, there is very
>>> little wheat in the chaff.
>>>

>> Are you part of the wheat or part of the chaff?

> That tempted me to have a look at a couple dozen of his recent posts,
> and I guess I'd have to say they are mostly chaff. I wasn't
> complaining about it, but since he complained about it I guess it is
> fair to point it out.

Pico doesn't contribute much of anything.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Are you part of the wheat or part of the chaff?

>> That tempted me to have a look at a couple dozen of his recent posts,
>> and I guess I'd have to say they are mostly chaff. I wasn't
>> complaining about it, but since he complained about it I guess it is
>> fair to point it out.
>>

> Pico doesn't contribute much of anything.
>
> Jill

I have looked back at some of my recent posts, and I must agree. There are
few threads worth responding to, and I have not been as diligent as I should
in my efforts to ignore them. On the other hand, many of my posts in this
regard have been in keeping with the thread itself not contributing much of
anything (not that I find that an excuse), and I don't think I have been
vile and vindictive as much of the clap trap I seek to avoid.

I have found myself NOT posting a number of replies I had drafted, saying to
myself "is this necessary or helpful?"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:24:51 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2014-10-15 12:49 PM, sf wrote:
>
> >> KF's only do so much when the malingering hoards cannot resist their
> >> prepubescent urges to reply to every crackpot post.
> >>
> >> Ignoring threads is ok, but when you have to ignore 90%, there is very
> >> little wheat in the chaff.
> >>

> > Are you part of the wheat or part of the chaff?

> That tempted me to have a look at a couple dozen of his recent posts,
> and I guess I'd have to say they are mostly chaff. I wasn't
> complaining about it, but since he complained about it I guess it is
> fair to point it out.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 10:22:54 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:58:47 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> > > wrote:
> >>
> >> well, if you INSIST!
> >>
> >> It is Koko's posts and Janet's recent threads on her smoker and brisket
> >> that
> >> have kept my interest.
> >>
> >> KF's only do so much when the malingering hoards cannot resist their
> >> prepubescent urges to reply to every crackpot post.
> >>
> >> Ignoring threads is ok, but when you have to ignore 90%, there is very
> >> little wheat in the chaff.
> >>

> > Are you part of the wheat or part of the chaff?
> >

> well, I have good days and bad . . .

At least you're being honest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:20:51 -0700, "David E. Ross"
> wrote:

>I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to
>locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,
>the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just
>plain rudeness.
>
>I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
>unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

A transparent cry for attention. Bye.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 10:51:27 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

snip

>I have looked back at some of my recent posts, and I must agree. There are
>few threads worth responding to, and I have not been as diligent as I should
>in my efforts to ignore them. On the other hand, many of my posts in this
>regard have been in keeping with the thread itself not contributing much of
>anything (not that I find that an excuse), and I don't think I have been
>vile and vindictive as much of the clap trap I seek to avoid.
>
>I have found myself NOT posting a number of replies I had drafted, saying to
>myself "is this necessary or helpful?

I have a 'Draft' file that is chock full. ;o)
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> It's no coincidense that those who threaten to leave contribute the
> least wortwhile information.

I don't know why anyone threatens to leave publicly, just leave if that's
the way you feel. Same with public plonking, I see no reason to broadcast
that either, but that's just my own opinion.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 15:05:38 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .

>> It's no coincidense that those who threaten to leave contribute the
>> least wortwhile information.

>I don't know why anyone threatens to leave publicly, just leave if that's
>the way you feel. Same with public plonking, I see no reason to broadcast
>that either, but that's just my own opinion.

They are seeking some attention before leaving when they do that, I'll
guarantee you he did in fact read the replies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:47:38 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> I wonder what ever happened to Doug McLaren, BTW?

> I will give you $5,000 when Burger King announces a Long Whopper. In
> the meantime, I've got a long whopper for you - just bend over and
> I'll give it to you.

> You said "oval-shaped beef patty", not burger, you fat **** asshole.
> You even quoted it for all of us to see. Dumbass.
>
> You lose again.
>
> -sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:20:51 AM UTC-4, David E. Ross wrote:
> I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to
>
> locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,
>
> the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just
>
> plain rudeness.
>

> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
>
> unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.
>

> --
>
> David E. Ross
>

> Visit "Cooking with David" at
>
> <http://www.rossde.com/cooking/>

If someone's fed up, why not just leave? I guess he wanted to sing that last aria and trmake .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-15 15:22:11 +0000, Pico Rico said:

> "David E. Ross" > wrote in message
>> I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to
>> locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,
>> the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just
>> plain rudeness.
>>
>> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
>> unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.
>>
>> --
>> David E. Ross

> I am pretty darned close myself.

Just add people to your killfile. I added a few and this group is much
better now. Might add a few more as time goes on.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 15:45:23 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

>"Janet" > wrote in message
et...
>> In article >, says...
>> What shall we cook for the funeral party.. would a barbecue be
>> tactless...

>I'll bring a keg.

Excellent. That'll cover me, but you'll need to bring another one for
everyone else. Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jello, Jelly, Jam, etc.; was Good-Bye

On 10/15/2014 7:31 PM, Jeßus wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:53:56 -0500, Sky >
> wrote:
>
>> Should that be "jello" shots? Can't say I've ever heard of 'jelly'
>> shots, although I imagine those would be tasty, too

> Same thing, it's just another one of those differences from one place
> to another. Jello = Jelly in Australia.

Ah, that makes sense now Thanks. Such are the differences in
'accents', even via a keyboard! For me, as a 'Yank', 'jelly' = jam and
can be used as a condiment, e.g., a fruit 'spread' that can be used with
buttered toast, etc. Mint jelly (er, jam - not jello!!!!) goes very
well with lamb, too!

Sky

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 19:50:22 -0500, Sky >
wrote:

>On 10/15/2014 7:31 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:53:56 -0500, Sky >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Should that be "jello" shots? Can't say I've ever heard of 'jelly'
>>> shots, although I imagine those would be tasty, too

>> Same thing, it's just another one of those differences from one place
>> to another. Jello = Jelly in Australia.

>Ah, that makes sense now Thanks. Such are the differences in
>'accents', even via a keyboard! For me, as a 'Yank', 'jelly' = jam and
>can be used as a condiment, e.g., a fruit 'spread' that can be used with
>buttered toast, etc. Mint jelly (er, jam - not jello!!!!) goes very
>well with lamb, too!

LOL. Yes, one need to be careful sometimes with regional/national
differences.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-15 19:34, Kalmia wrote:

> If someone's fed up, why not just leave? I guess he wanted to sing that last aria and trmake .

Maybe he should not have said he was immediately unsubscribing so
that he could check to see all the sad messages expressing regrets that
he is leaving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/14, 2:47 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> This guy is supposedly a 6-month old member of Usenet's Big-8
> management board....

well, with kids that young running things, no wonder Usenet sucks!

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:44:22 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 23:29:07 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>>
>> >In article >, says...

>> > You must try to be strong for the children, time is a great healer, he
>> >has gone to a better place, and at least he didn't suffer much.
>> >
>> > What shall we cook for the funeral party.. would a barbecue be
>> >tactless...
>> >
>> > Janet UK

>> hot dogs, brats, hamburgers, potato salad, baked beans, ya gotta have
>> a Jell-o salad, cole slaw, a couple of different cakes, brownies, a
>> galvanized tub full of ice and beer, pop, and cider. Everyone bring a
>> dish. Where and when is this going to be? I'm in. ;o)
>> Janet US

> Sounds like it's at your place. My plane leaves in a few hours, I'm
>bringing Marmite, haggis, and spotted dick.
>
> Janet UK

All things that I have been longing to try. Thank you for thinking of
them.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"David E. Ross" wrote:

>I though rec.food.cooking would be a good place to share recipes and to
>locate hard-to-find ingredients. Yes, that is possible here. However,
>the useful messages are drowned by insults, personal attacks, and just
>plain rudeness.
>
>I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
>unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

Aww, poor baby... your widdle feelings are hurt... that you haven't
the fortitude to endure an unmoderated Newsgroup is solely your
ineptitude. There do exist several moderated food/cooking froups for
yoose wussy wimps... or subsribe to r.f.c. at facebook, ideal for
yoose uber polite political correctness tissue paper thin skinned
Super Wussy Wimps.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-16 5:17 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
>> unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

> Aww, poor baby... your widdle feelings are hurt... that you haven't
> the fortitude to endure an unmoderated Newsgroup is solely your
> ineptitude. There do exist several moderated food/cooking froups for
> yoose wussy wimps... or subsribe to r.f.c. at facebook, ideal for
> yoose uber polite political correctness tissue paper thin skinned
> Super Wussy Wimps.

Don't let him fool you. The wimp is lurking to see how much sympathy his
whining generated.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:36:18 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2014-10-16 5:17 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>>> I am unsubscribing rec.food.cooking. Don't bother replying since I will
>>> unsubscribe immediately after hitting "Send" for this message.

>> Aww, poor baby... your widdle feelings are hurt... that you haven't
>> the fortitude to endure an unmoderated Newsgroup is solely your
>> ineptitude. There do exist several moderated food/cooking froups for
>> yoose wussy wimps... or subsribe to r.f.c. at facebook, ideal for
>> yoose uber polite political correctness tissue paper thin skinned
>> Super Wussy Wimps.
>>

>Don't let him fool you. The wimp is lurking to see how much sympathy his
>whining generated.

Of course he is, otherwise he wouldn't have made the post to begin
with.