Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Man Pleasing Chicken

http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/

The name just cracks me up! The chicken doesn't look bad.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:28:34 -0500, Tara >
wrote:

>http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/
>
>The name just cracks me up!

He should have chosen his words a little better - that could be
interpreted in more ways than one...

>The chicken doesn't look bad.

Agreed, it looks and sounds *really* nice.
Book marked that recipe, I will definitely try it when I next have
some chicken pieces, thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:33:45 +1000, Jeßus wrote:

> Book marked that recipe, I will definitely try it when I next have some
> chicken pieces, thanks.

I hope you please your man or your chicken!

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:47:02 -0500, Tara >
wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:33:45 +1000, Jeßus wrote:
>
>> Book marked that recipe, I will definitely try it when I next have some
>> chicken pieces, thanks.

>I hope you please your man or your chicken!

Hey, I'm not sheldon you know... but thanks for the thought!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/
>
> The name just cracks me up! The chicken doesn't look bad.
>
> Tara

what, no parsley?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Monday, September 22, 2014 3:28:34 PM UTC-7, Tara wrote:
> http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/
>

> The name just cracks me up! The chicken doesn't look bad.
>

> Tara

Is he stuck in the 60's or something? Man Pleasing.....puleeze.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 22, 2014 6:28:34 PM UTC-4, Tara wrote:
> http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/
>

> The name just cracks me up! The chicken doesn't look bad.
>

> Tara

I'll give it a shot. Man, that's a lot of mustard, it seems.
It might just be woman pleasin' too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/
>
> The name just cracks me up! The chicken doesn't look bad.
>
> Tara

That is a funny name. I am saving this. Both husband and daughter love
mustard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2014 5:57 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Tara" > wrote in message
>> http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/
>>
>> The name just cracks me up! The chicken doesn't look bad.
>>
>> Tara

> what, no parsley?

LOL

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:28:34 -0500, Tara wrote:

> http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/

I finally tried this, and it did indeed please me and the men in my
house. I used chicken quarters - 49 cents a pound - and apple cider
vinegar in place of the rice vinegar. One son said the maple-Dijon sauce
tasted like Chick Fil A sauce. High praise! I'll definitely make it
again. I think you could substitute honey or jelly for the maple syrup.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 17:25:01 -0500, Tara >
wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:28:34 -0500, Tara wrote:
>
>> http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/

>I finally tried this, and it did indeed please me and the men in my
>house. I used chicken quarters - 49 cents a pound - and apple cider
>vinegar in place of the rice vinegar. One son said the maple-Dijon sauce
>tasted like Chick Fil A sauce. High praise! I'll definitely make it
>again. I think you could substitute honey or jelly for the maple syrup.

I still haven't tried this recipe - thanks for the reminder - as I did
intend trying it. Must put dijon on my shopping list. I'll also use
apple cider vinegar, as I always have that in the pantry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 19, 2014 5:25:01 PM UTC-5, Tara wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:28:34 -0500, Tara wrote:
>

> > http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/

> I finally tried this, and it did indeed please me and the men in my
>
> house. I used chicken quarters - 49 cents a pound - and apple cider
>
> vinegar in place of the rice vinegar. One son said the maple-Dijon sauce
>
> tasted like Chick Fil A sauce. High praise! I'll definitely make it
>
> again. I think you could substitute honey or jelly for the maple syrup.
>

> Tara

I made this too last week to rave reviews. . Everyone in the house liked it - especially the men! One declared it "amazing", but I wouldn't go quite that far with the praise. I like your suggestion of swapping the honey for the maple syrup, so I might try that once and see how it compares. My first thought was to increase the mustard and reduce the maple syrup just a tiny bit, but I've seen others say to switch the ratio of those two around so that the syrup is in greater quantity than the mustard. Regardless, I'll definitely be making it again sometime as everyone enjoyed it. Well, except for the 6 year old who would live off of plain write rice if I'd let her, but she ate least ate some of it.

Jinx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:34:03 -0700, Jinx the Minx wrote:

> I like your suggestion of swapping the honey for the maple syrup, so I
>might try that once and see how it compares.

I'm just trying to work with what I tend to keep on hand. I don't keep
maple syrup on hand, but I always have homemade fig preserves. I think
they would give a nice, sweet, fruitiness to the mustard sauce.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I shredded the leftovers and gently heated them in the sauce. We made
sandwiches on crusty sesame seed rolls. Not bad!

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
>I shredded the leftovers and gently heated them in the sauce. We made
> sandwiches on crusty sesame seed rolls. Not bad!
>
> Tara

I may have missed it, but did you try it with the honey?

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:17:56 -0700, Cheri wrote:

> I may have missed it, but did you try it with the honey?

I used maple syrup, but I feel like honey would work.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:17:56 -0700, Cheri wrote:
>

>> I may have missed it, but did you try it with the honey?

> I used maple syrup, but I feel like honey would work.
>
> Tara

OK, I remember you said that you might try it with honey, but don't remember
if you had. I'm making it today with maple syrup.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:12:34 -0700, Cheri wrote:

> OK, I remember you said that you might try it with honey, but don't
> remember if you had. I'm making it today with maple syrup.

Please report back!

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:12:34 -0700, Cheri wrote:
>

>> OK, I remember you said that you might try it with honey, but don't
>> remember if you had. I'm making it today with maple syrup.

> Please report back!
>
> Tara

Will do.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:00:00 AM UTC-7, Tara wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:17:56 -0700, Cheri wrote:
>

> > I may have missed it, but did you try it with the honey?

> I used maple syrup, but I feel like honey would work.
>

> Tara

Okay, Tara, your post pushed me over the edge : ) : ) I'm taking the plunge and going to make this tonight, probably half with breasts and half with thighs. I will use maple syrup first and another time try it with honey.

Nellie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:00:23 -0700, Nellie wrote:

> Okay, Tara, your post pushed me over the edge : ) : ) I'm taking the
> plunge and going to make this tonight, probably half with breasts and
> half with thighs. I will use maple syrup first and another time try it
> with honey.

Let me know how you like it.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:00:23 PM UTC-5, Nellie wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:00:00 AM UTC-7, Tara wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:17:56 -0700, Cheri wrote:

> > > I may have missed it, but did you try it with the honey?

> > I used maple syrup, but I feel like honey would work.

> > Tara

> Okay, Tara, your post pushed me over the edge : ) : ) I'm taking the plunge and going to make this tonight, probably half with breasts and half with thighs. I will use maple syrup first and another time try it with honey.

I hope that your man finds your breasts and your thighs to be pleasing.

> Nellie

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:12:34 -0700, Cheri wrote:
>

>> OK, I remember you said that you might try it with honey, but don't
>> remember if you had. I'm making it today with maple syrup.

> Please report back!
>
> Tara

They were very good and what I really liked is that they had great flavor
and not too sweet. DH liked them a lot too and I plan to make them often. I
like easy and good recipes like this. :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/
>
>The name just cracks me up! The chicken doesn't look bad.
>
>Tara

I just_had_to try this, and I'm very happy I did, it's delicious. I
made it using skinless chicken thighs that I shredded off the bone,
mixed into the sauce and served over rice. Everyone loved it.

https://flic.kr/p/puphkp

koko

James Beard