Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I've been asked to cook!

Ever since my daughter was born, I have been trying to get her to eat
breakfast. But she just never wanted to. She does eat. Just not very
much. For the longest time she would only eat baby carrots. After that it
might be a piece of cheese or a pack of apples. Not unhealthy food. But if
I did actually cook something, it would go uneaten and I would eventually
get tossed out or maybe put in the freezer where she might find it and eat
it for dinner if she didn't like what I was fixing.

But I was explaining to her today that now that she has her own car, this
will free up a lot more of my time to cook. And since I have been cleaning
out things, I have some food that I am fixing to use up. Including some
whole wheat pancake mix and some eggs. Plus that little bit of excess bacon
that I still have.

So imagine my surprise when she said to me, "Well, since you're still up
when I get up... Why don't you make me breakfast?" I thought at first she
was joking. So I said, "You mean like pancakes or something?" And her eyes
lit up. Then I asked about eggs and bacon. And yes, she wants me to cook!

Now this might be a one time thing. I do intend to make extra pancakes
because I want to use up that mix and the eggs. The bacon is already
cooked. Just needs heated up and she only likes hers heated a little bit.

Now I just have to keep myself awake. Because of all the nonsense with the
garage door, I only got perhaps 2 hours of sleep and those were broken up
into bits and pieces. I am one of those people who does better to just stay
up and get no sleep than to try to get up and do something like cooking at
5:30 a.m.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Ever since my daughter was born, I have been trying to get her to eat
> breakfast. But she just never wanted to. She does eat. Just not very
> much. For the longest time she would only eat baby carrots. After that
> it might be a piece of cheese or a pack of apples. Not unhealthy food.
> But if I did actually cook something, it would go uneaten and I would
> eventually get tossed out or maybe put in the freezer where she might
> find it and eat it for dinner if she didn't like what I was fixing.
>
> But I was explaining to her today that now that she has her own car, this
> will free up a lot more of my time to cook. And since I have been
> cleaning out things, I have some food that I am fixing to use up.
> Including some whole wheat pancake mix and some eggs. Plus that little
> bit of excess bacon that I still have.
>
> So imagine my surprise when she said to me, "Well, since you're still up
> when I get up... Why don't you make me breakfast?" I thought at first
> she was joking. So I said, "You mean like pancakes or something?" And
> her eyes lit up. Then I asked about eggs and bacon. And yes, she wants me to cook!
>
> Now this might be a one time thing. I do intend to make extra pancakes
> because I want to use up that mix and the eggs. The bacon is already
> cooked. Just needs heated up and she only likes hers heated a little bit.
>
> Now I just have to keep myself awake. Because of all the nonsense with
> the garage door, I only got perhaps 2 hours of sleep and those were
> broken up into bits and pieces. I am one of those people who does better
> to just stay up and get no sleep than to try to get up and do something
> like cooking at 5:30 a.m.

Better order up some meth, it'll be a long night!

But seriously, cracking some eggs isn't rocket science. Make your batter
before bed - after all it's better after it has stood a few hours. And
pancakes are pretty easy as long as you are patient with letting the pan
heat up.

I think you can sleep easy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Oregonian Haruspex" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> Ever since my daughter was born, I have been trying to get her to eat
>> breakfast. But she just never wanted to. She does eat. Just not very
>> much. For the longest time she would only eat baby carrots. After that
>> it might be a piece of cheese or a pack of apples. Not unhealthy food.
>> But if I did actually cook something, it would go uneaten and I would
>> eventually get tossed out or maybe put in the freezer where she might
>> find it and eat it for dinner if she didn't like what I was fixing.
>>
>> But I was explaining to her today that now that she has her own car, this
>> will free up a lot more of my time to cook. And since I have been
>> cleaning out things, I have some food that I am fixing to use up.
>> Including some whole wheat pancake mix and some eggs. Plus that little
>> bit of excess bacon that I still have.
>>
>> So imagine my surprise when she said to me, "Well, since you're still up
>> when I get up... Why don't you make me breakfast?" I thought at first
>> she was joking. So I said, "You mean like pancakes or something?" And
>> her eyes lit up. Then I asked about eggs and bacon. And yes, she wants
>> me to cook!
>>
>> Now this might be a one time thing. I do intend to make extra pancakes
>> because I want to use up that mix and the eggs. The bacon is already
>> cooked. Just needs heated up and she only likes hers heated a little
>> bit.
>>
>> Now I just have to keep myself awake. Because of all the nonsense with
>> the garage door, I only got perhaps 2 hours of sleep and those were
>> broken up into bits and pieces. I am one of those people who does better
>> to just stay up and get no sleep than to try to get up and do something
>> like cooking at 5:30 a.m.

> Better order up some meth, it'll be a long night!
>
> But seriously, cracking some eggs isn't rocket science. Make your batter
> before bed - after all it's better after it has stood a few hours. And
> pancakes are pretty easy as long as you are patient with letting the pan
> heat up.
>
> I think you can sleep easy.

You don't understand. I don't sleep at night. I am up all night already.
Sometimes I do get into bed just before she gets up.

And there is a reason don't cook eggs, dammit. I don't know what made me
think I could get away with it this time. I already made the pancakes and
now have an itchy rash all over my forearms. Grrr...

I haven't cooked a ton of eggs over the course of my life because I don't
care for them so much but I can make pancakes in my sleep. I used to cook
tons and freeze them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-09-19 5:39 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> I haven't cooked a ton of eggs over the course of my life because I
> don't care for them so much but I can make pancakes in my sleep. I used
> to cook tons and freeze them.

Of course. Frozen pancakes are delicious. They are even better if you
put lots of syrup on them before freezing so they are well soaked and
make wonderful pancakecicles.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 19, 2014 4:39:20 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> I already made the pancakes and
> now have an itchy rash all over my forearms. Grrr...

You stirred the pancake batter with your hands and sunk them in the bowl all the way up to your elbows???? That must have been one hell of a DEEP bowl. Normal people just use a spoon or a whisk to stir batter, they don't make it complicated like you did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I already made the pancakes and
>> now have an itchy rash all over my forearms. Grrr...
>>

>You stirred the pancake batter with your hands and sunk them in the bowl
>all the way up to your elbows???? That must have been one hell of a DEEP bowl.
>Normal people just use a spoon or a whisk to stir batter, they don't make it
>complicated like you did.

And even though, why a rash from pancake batter... I wouldn't eat
those pancakes, they must be laced with poison ivy or worse, raw
sewage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 19, 2014 2:33:41 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> Ever since my daughter was born, I have been trying to get her to eat
>
> breakfast. But she just never wanted to. She does eat. Just not very
>
> much.

She must more than make up for it at other times of day if those dance
pictures are real. You don't get a pickup truck sized spare tire like
that from starving yourself.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Friday, September 19, 2014 4:39:20 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I already made the pancakes and
>> now have an itchy rash all over my forearms. Grrr...
>>

> You stirred the pancake batter with your hands and sunk them in the bowl
> all the way up to your elbows???? That must have been one hell of a DEEP
> bowl. Normal people just use a spoon or a whisk to stir batter, they
> don't make it complicated like you did.

No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which is
what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of the
bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to do, the
egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>>Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I already made the pancakes and
>>> now have an itchy rash all over my forearms. Grrr...
>>>

>>You stirred the pancake batter with your hands and sunk them in the bowl
>>all the way up to your elbows???? That must have been one hell of a DEEP
>>bowl.
>>Normal people just use a spoon or a whisk to stir batter, they don't make
>>it
>>complicated like you did.

> And even though, why a rash from pancake batter... I wouldn't eat
> those pancakes, they must be laced with poison ivy or worse, raw
> sewage.

Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.

When I cooked the scrambled eggs, I cracked them the way I normally do and
there was no problem. I did wash my hands right away after touching them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo" > wrote in message
> Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own
> breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

She has no time. She has to get up at 5:30 the way it is and has an hour or
less to get out the door.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-09-19 6:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>> And even though, why a rash from pancake batter... I wouldn't eat
>> those pancakes, they must be laced with poison ivy or worse, raw
>> sewage.

> Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.
>
> When I cooked the scrambled eggs, I cracked them the way I normally do
> and there was no problem. I did wash my hands right away after touching
> them.

Thanks for clarifying. Now it makes perfect sense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 19, 2014 3:48:16 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Chemo" > wrote in message

> > Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own

> > breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

> She has no time. She has to get up at 5:30 the way it is and has an hour or
>
> less to get out the door.

A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for breakfast. And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo" > wrote in message
> On Friday, September 19, 2014 3:48:16 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Chemo" > wrote in message

>> > Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own

>> > breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

>> She has no time. She has to get up at 5:30 the way it is and has an hour
>> or
>>
>> less to get out the door.

> A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for breakfast.
> And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!

And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your
eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
>Julie Bove wrote:
>
>>> And even though, why a rash from pancake batter... I wouldn't eat
>>> those pancakes, they must be laced with poison ivy or worse, raw
>>> sewage.

>> Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.
>>
>> When I cooked the scrambled eggs, I cracked them the way I normally do
>> and there was no problem. I did wash my hands right away after touching
>> them.

>Thanks for clarifying. Now it makes perfect sense.

Normal brained people wash their hands *before* handling food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2014 7:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> She has no time. She has to get up at 5:30 the way it is and has an
>>> hour or
>>>
>>> less to get out the door.

>> A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for
>> breakfast. And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!

> And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your
> eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

My daughter and I both leave at 6:15. I get up at 5:30, but she gets up
at 4:30. Most women overdo the makeup thing, IMO. Glad my wife doesn't.
I don't want a mouth full of chemicals when I kiss her.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>>> A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for
>>> breakfast. And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!

>> And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your
>> eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

> My daughter and I both leave at 6:15. I get up at 5:30, but she gets up
> at 4:30. Most women overdo the makeup thing, IMO. Glad my wife doesn't. I
> don't want a mouth full of chemicals when I kiss her.

me neither!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.
>>>
>>> When I cooked the scrambled eggs, I cracked them the way I normally do
>>> and there was no problem. I did wash my hands right away after touching
>>> them.

>>Thanks for clarifying. Now it makes perfect sense.

> Normal brained people wash their hands *before* handling food.

I always do. I got the egg on me when I was cracking them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>> A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for
>>> breakfast. And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!

>> And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your
>> eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

> My daughter and I both leave at 6:15. I get up at 5:30, but she gets up
> at 4:30. Most women overdo the makeup thing, IMO. Glad my wife doesn't. I
> don't want a mouth full of chemicals when I kiss her.

I don't any more. But it used to take me 2 hours to get ready. Mostly it
was the hair. I spent years with the wrong haircut and was fighting my
naturally wavy hair trying to make it either straight or curly. Now I have
a wash and wear style. This is my hair. This is how it's gonna be.

The only makeup I wear always is nail polish. Once in a while I'll use
colored lip balm. That's about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.

> <Piggybacking due to killfile, but I can't resist pointing out the
> faulty medical science here>
>
> What you're describing is clearly a allergic reaction. But you are
> always quick to say that you're not allergic to eggs (and most other
> foods), just "intolerant").
>
> News Flash: Food intolerances are only effective during the digestive
> process - when you eat them. Not when you get them on your skin.
> They are two completely different physiological processes.
>
> What you have instead is a severe case of hypochondriasis accompanied
> by multiple phobias and anxiety disorder.

That's simply not true. I get a rash from oat products on my skin and also
from almond oil. And when my daughter eats something with peanut oil she
gets a weird, seepy nose bleed. It's like watery and keeps going for a
couple of hours but it is tinged with blood. She also had extreme scalp
problems when I was using two different shampoos on her when she was little.
One contained wheat and the other contained something else. I want to say
soy but not sure. I thought at first that she had head lice because she was
scratching at her scalp so much. The roots had little bloody spots on them.
All because I was using things that she was intolerant to on her head! This
was before I knew that we needed to totally avoid these things. I switched
her to a different shampoo and the problems went away.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 19, 2014 6:38:30 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Chemo" > wrote in message

> >> She has no time. She has to get up at 5:30 the way it is and has an hour

> >> or

> >> less to get out the door.

> > A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for breakfast.

> > And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!

> And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your
>
> eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

Whatever she does to her hair and face, the first thing anyone sees is
*fat girl*. No 16 YO girl needs makeup. Nothing will compensate for the
parental neglect that allowed her to become a behemoth before she was
mature enough to make her own decisions.

You've screwed up her life, Julie. You are a complete physical mess, and
you've made certain that she won't have a better life than you. She has
to hate you for what you've done to her, set her up so that no amount of
cosmetic alteration will ever suffice to make her feel desirable. You've
let her go past the point where she could be *cute in that chubby girl
sort of way*, to clinically obese, and now you are proud that she wants you
to cook for her. Perhaps it's an admission of defeat.

Julie, you inspire, and indeed invite maltreatment. It's sometimes hard to
imagine that you are real, as your entire persona is the perfect avatar for
hardcore supporters of eugenics. I find that responding to you compensates
for all those occasions in life when you really wish that you had told a
person to *go ***** him or herself, but either the timing or the situation
was wrong. It's also good writing exercise, and you feed on attention to
such a degree that even my insults give you emotional satisfaction. I know
that you claim to have me kill filed, but few here believe that, and if I
really have managed to hit a nerve too far into your thick, Bovine hide, then,
"Damn, I'm good."

Angela Bove does not need pancakes. Giving her pancakes borders on child
abuse. You are preparing her for nothing better than this--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogging...al_practice%29 --assuming that
she doesn't kill herself before she even makes it to college. If she does,
the only justice would be if she took her with you, thereby cleansing this
NG and the wider human genome of...*Boviness*.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 19, 2014 11:27:45 PM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:

> >> And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your

> >> eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

> > My daughter and I both leave at 6:15. I get up at 5:30, but she gets up

> > at 4:30. Most women overdo the makeup thing, IMO. Glad my wife doesn't. I

> > don't want a mouth full of chemicals when I kiss her.

> me neither!

I concur, and women should realize that makeup discourages kisses. Seriously,
ladies; a charming makeup job might--and probably does--impress other hetero
women, but your husbands/lovers want to taste and smell the real you. It's part of experiencing you as a whole person, the way that nature or God made
you. Bathing and modern oral hygiene are lovely, and painted faces and
artificial fragrances detract from the joy of tasting and smelling a female
body. The human face is the most personal part of one's body--way more than
genitals, which are also very nice.

I could wax on, but it's my day off, and I'm going to go back to bed to
sleep a little more next to a woman whose face I love, one un-polluted by
nasty cosmetics.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo wrote:

> Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

I can't believe they bought her a car as soon as she turned 16 and got
her driver's license. How many people here had that perk? Certainly
not me.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which is
> what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of the
> bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to do, the
> egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

You're just physically challenged. I've been cracking them on a flat
surface recently (after I read that). It works just fine. Splashed
onto your arm? Dumbshit!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.
>
> When I cooked the scrambled eggs, I cracked them the way I normally do and
> there was no problem. I did wash my hands right away after touching them.

Ok. You're really losing me here lately, Julie. No way anyone can
possibly have every medical problem in the medical dictionary like you
do. This is getting extremely lame.

If your skin really is that reactive to egg whites, why don't you wear
those nifty rubber gloves that you use for raw meat?

Cracking an egg and:
"the egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm."

LMAO! No way, sweetheart. You're so busted, imo.

And: (courtesy of sw)

OK, that's the final straw. I'll never read or post to this group
again! After 3 years, I'm through here!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Chemo" > wrote in message
> > Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own
> > breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

> She has no time. She has to get up at 5:30 the way it is and has an hour or
> less to get out the door.

She can get her lazy ass out of bed earlier if she wants breakfast
first. Are you for real? Signs point to - NO.

I get up at 4:30 or earlier every morning, work days or days off.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-09-20 9:57 AM, Gary wrote:
> Chemo wrote:
>>
>> Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

> I can't believe they bought her a car as soon as she turned 16 and got
> her driver's license. How many people here had that perk? Certainly
> not me.

True, but we can believe you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-09-20 10:01 AM, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which is
>> what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of the
>> bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to do, the
>> egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

> You're just physically challenged. I've been cracking them on a flat
> surface recently (after I read that). It works just fine. Splashed
> onto your arm? Dumbshit!

I think you meant mentally challenged. How hard to you have to smash an
egg on a flat surface to splash it onto your arm?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-09-20 10:15 AM, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Because I got some egg on me. I am highly intolerant to eggs.
>>
>> When I cooked the scrambled eggs, I cracked them the way I normally do and
>> there was no problem. I did wash my hands right away after touching them.

> Ok. You're really losing me here lately, Julie. No way anyone can
> possibly have every medical problem in the medical dictionary like you
> do. This is getting extremely lame.

You are finally starting to realize that Julie has credibility problems?

> If your skin really is that reactive to egg whites, why don't you wear
> those nifty rubber gloves that you use for raw meat?
>
> Cracking an egg and:
> "the egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm."
>
> LMAO! No way, sweetheart. You're so busted, imo.

She was busted a long time ago but there are a few people here who have
been indulging in their own compulsion to post by ignoring her lies and
her stupidity and treating her as if she were normal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2014 6:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> On Friday, September 19, 2014 4:39:20 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I already made the pancakes and
>>> now have an itchy rash all over my forearms. Grrr...
>>>

>> You stirred the pancake batter with your hands and sunk them in the
>> bowl all the way up to your elbows???? That must have been one hell
>> of a DEEP bowl. Normal people just use a spoon or a whisk to stir
>> batter, they don't make it complicated like you did.

> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which
> is what the TV chefs now promote.

TV chefs. The only thing they're concerned about is self-promotion.

> The say if you crack at the edge of
> the bowl, you'll get shell bits in it.

Puleeeze... it is a rare occurrence. So what if a tiny bit of shell
gets in there? Don't want to touch the egg? Fish out that little bit
of shell with a spoon. You don't need a Ph.D. to figure that out.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> > She has no time. She has to get up at 5:30 the way it is and has an hour or
> > less to get out the door.

> A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for breakfast. And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!

Work days for me lately:
I'm working in an empty house and have a key so I can start as early
as I choose. I choose to start at 6am and get home early.... I leave
the job at 2:30pm and head home. How cool is that? :-D

I get up at 4:30 or maybe a few minutes earlier. I get up, make a cup
of coffee, do a traditional #2 in the bathroom, take a quick shower,
get dressed, drink the coffee and shave with electric razor while
reading emails or posts from RFC, mix up a batch of warm gravy meal
for the ferret and hand feed her, clean her cage and fresh ice water,
make my "lunch" which is only V-8 with lots of pepper added, pack my
things and leave with a trash bag. I leave by 5:30 or shortly after.

Only 10 minutes to work too, so I can get there and relax for a few
minutes before starting to work. Drink a few beers, smoke a couple of
cigarettes.... mehehh just kidding (but that doesn't sound all that
bad)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 9:57 AM, Gary wrote:
> Chemo wrote:
>>
>> Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

> I can't believe they bought her a car as soon as she turned 16 and got
> her driver's license. How many people here had that perk? Certainly
> not me.
>
> G.

I only remember one guy in HS whose parents gave him a car. But then,
he was a spoiled, indulged "jock" football player (who, AFAIK, did not
go on to some big football career). I had to work and buy my own car.
So did my brothers.

Not long ago she was extolling the fact her daughter learned how to make
scrambled eggs. How the f* long does that take? She might have to get
up 10 minutes earlier. Wow.

I'm surprised she hasn't trotted out the old "she has no interest in
cooking" chestnut. Nope, she expects someone to do *everything* for
her. Good luck with that when she finally gets out in the real world.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 09:57:34 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Chemo wrote:
>>>
>>> Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own
>>> breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

>>I can't believe they bought her a car as soon as she turned 16 and got
>>her driver's license. How many people here had that perk? Certainly
>>not me.
>>
>>G.

> When I was eleven we were living in Tokyo and my father taught me to
> drive and bought me a Toyopet, I used it to drive my mother everywhere
> as she couldn't cope with Tokyo traffic but of course, at that age, I
> felt totally at ease The Japanese police were non-existent due
> the Occupation and the Military Police couldn't say anything because I
> was not American. So sometimes it happens

If you tried that here, police would haul you and your parents in,
regardless of your nationality.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> My daughter and I both leave at 6:15. I get up at 5:30, but she gets up
> at 4:30. Most women overdo the makeup thing, IMO. Glad my wife doesn't.
> I don't want a mouth full of chemicals when I kiss her.

I dated a women that overdid the makeup bigtime for a couple of years.
Her entire face had base coat and top coat....whatever they call it.
Every time I kissed her, I was kissing powder and chemicals, etc. It
was not nice.

And she didn't really need all that either to look "pretty."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 11:12 AM, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> My daughter and I both leave at 6:15. I get up at 5:30, but she gets up
>> at 4:30. Most women overdo the makeup thing, IMO. Glad my wife doesn't.
>> I don't want a mouth full of chemicals when I kiss her.

> I dated a women that overdid the makeup bigtime for a couple of years.
> Her entire face had base coat and top coat....whatever they call it.
> Every time I kissed her, I was kissing powder and chemicals, etc. It
> was not nice.
>
> And she didn't really need all that either to look "pretty."

My middle brother was once madly in love with a woman who looked like
she slathered that stuff on with a trowel. Ugh!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2014 9:57 AM, Gary wrote:
> Chemo wrote:
>>
>> Here's an idea.........teach her or just tell her to make her own breakfast. If she can drive a car she can cook.

> I can't believe they bought her a car as soon as she turned 16 and got
> her driver's license. How many people here had that perk? Certainly
> not me.
>
> G.

I was 17 but bought it with my own money. Paid my own insurance, etc.
My kids bought their own too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/19/2014 6:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which
> is what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of
> the bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to
> do, the egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

Tried the flat surface. Back to the edge of a pan or counter like I've
been doing for 60 years. No need to change now, never had a shell
problem. Maybe once every couple of years but not big deal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 19, 2014 5:46:16 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>
> >> I already made the pancakes and
> >> now have an itchy rash all over my forearms. Grrr...

> > You stirred the pancake batter with your hands and sunk them in the bowl
> > all the way up to your elbows????

> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which is
> what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of the
> bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to do, the
> egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

Don't slam the egg on the flat surface, just a good tap will do it, but I've never gotten shells into batter when I crack them on the side of the bowl.. If you've not gotten shells in your batter in the past by breaking them on the edge of the bowl, go back to that method. Some people even use the back of a dinner knife to break the egg.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 9/19/2014 6:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> No but I foolishly attempted to crack the eggs on a flat surface which
>> is what the TV chefs now promote. The say if you crack at the edge of
>> the bowl, you'll get shell bits in it. But when I did what they said to
>> do, the egg splashed onto my cutting board and onto my arm. Never again.

> Tried the flat surface. Back to the edge of a pan or counter like I've
> been doing for 60 years. No need to change now, never had a shell
> problem. Maybe once every couple of years but not big deal.

I use both, just depends on where I am doing something that involves
cracking eggs.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 19, 2014 4:38:30 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Chemo" > wrote in message

> >> She has no time. She has to get up at 5:30 the way it is and has an hour

> >> or

> >> less to get out the door.

> > A hour?! I can shit, shower, shave and still make something for breakfast.

> > And feed the dog!! And...make my lunch!!

> And does that leave you time to dry and straighten your hair, curl your
>
> eyelashes, apply makeup and assorted facial products? I thought not.

Christ! What does she do...a hooker??