Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Still OK

Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.

Even drove myself to the market yesterday.

I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
will bake them some this weekend.

10 sessions down, 25 to go.

All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
touch it.

Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.

Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my
old insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent
two letters today to the old insurance.

I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
drivers this morning so I could type the letters.

Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.

The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
rspiration, etc. are all normal.

Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks,
but I am making an effort to cook and eat.

Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.

Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
can't be bad. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:

>Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>
>Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>
>I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
>to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
>will bake them some this weekend.
>
>10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>
>All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
>Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
>touch it.
>
>Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
>pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>
>Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my
>old insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent
>two letters today to the old insurance.
>
>I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
>drivers this morning so I could type the letters.
>
>Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.
>
>The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
>Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
>out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
>rspiration, etc. are all normal.
>
>Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks,
>but I am making an effort to cook and eat.
>
>Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
>the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.
>
>Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
>weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.
>
>Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
>can't be bad. :-)

I'm glad you're feeling better.. now find something to whet your
appetite... meat loaf is tasty and nourishing... goes well with egg
noodles and gravy. Have a great weekend!

PS. I'd be honored to lift you from your tub.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>
> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>
> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I will
> bake them some this weekend.
>
> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>
> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and touch
> it.
>
> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>
> Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my old
> insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent two
> letters today to the old insurance.
>
> I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
> drivers this morning so I could type the letters.
>
> Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.
>
> The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
> Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
> out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
> rspiration, etc. are all normal.
>
> Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks, but
> I am making an effort to cook and eat.
>
> Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
> the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.
>
> Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
> weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.
>
> Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
> can't be bad. :-)

You are an inspiration Janet...keep impressing me please

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/29/2014 2:30 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>
> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>
> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
> will bake them some this weekend.
>
> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>
> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
> touch it.
>
> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>
> Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my
> old insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent
> two letters today to the old insurance.
>
> I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
> drivers this morning so I could type the letters.
>
> Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.
>
> The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
> Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
> out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
> rspiration, etc. are all normal.
>
> Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks,
> but I am making an effort to cook and eat.
>
> Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
> the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.
>
> Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
> weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.
>
> Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
> can't be bad. :-)

On top of your health issues you have all of these other problems to
deal with. I admire your strength, lady.

It is hard to eat when you lose your appetite, but try the best you can.
Glad you are enjoying your new induction cooktop.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Friday, August 29, 2014 12:30:09 PM UTC-7, Janet Wilder wrote:
> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>
> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>
> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>

> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>

> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
>
> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
>
> will bake them some this weekend.
>

> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>

> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
>
> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
>
> touch it.
>

> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
>
> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>

> Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my
>
> old insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent
>
> two letters today to the old insurance.
>

> I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
>
> drivers this morning so I could type the letters.
>

> Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.
>

> The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
>
> Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
>
> out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
>
> rspiration, etc. are all normal.
>

> Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks,
>
> but I am making an effort to cook and eat.
>

> Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
>
> the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.
>

> Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
>
> weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.
>

> Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
>
> can't be bad. :-)

You go girl.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca EmaNymton" > wrote in message
> On 8/29/2014 2:30 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my
>> hands.
>>
>> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>>
>> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
>> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
>> will bake them some this weekend.
>>
>> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>>
>> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
>> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
>> touch it.
>>
>> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
>> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>>
>> Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my
>> old insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent
>> two letters today to the old insurance.
>>
>> I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
>> drivers this morning so I could type the letters.
>>
>> Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.
>>
>> The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
>> Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
>> out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
>> rspiration, etc. are all normal.
>>
>> Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks,
>> but I am making an effort to cook and eat.
>>
>> Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
>> the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.
>>
>> Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
>> weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.
>>
>> Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
>> can't be bad. :-)

> On top of your health issues you have all of these other problems to deal
> with. I admire your strength, lady.
>
> It is hard to eat when you lose your appetite, but try the best you can.
> Glad you are enjoying your new induction cooktop.

+1 to all that)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-08-29 3:30 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>
> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>
> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
> will bake them some this weekend.
>
> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.

Glad to hear it Janet. As my late FiL used to say.... Keep punching.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:30:09 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.

snip

I'm glad to hear that things are getting a little better. I used to
fix myself some things to keep in the fridge and then I would snack at
maybe 10 or 11 p.m., I found the house was quiet then, I was relaxed
and eating a little bit wasn't much of a chore. I'd keep deviled
eggs, god's eyes, cheese cubes -- that kind of protein thing in the
fridge. And some already prepared fruit. That way you can just grab
and snack. I tolerated food much better at that time of night. Be
sure you use full-fat everything to keep your calories up. The
booklet from the cancer people even suggest using half and half or
cream.
Keep up the good work.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/29/2014 3:30 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>
> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>
> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
> will bake them some this weekend.
>
> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>
> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
> touch it.
>
> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.

(snippage)

Keep on truckin', Janet! As the other US Janet suggested, it might be a
good idea to keep some snacks on hand in the fridge.

I'm glad you're enjoying that induction hob. My thoughts stay with you.
I do hope you can bully Dell into paying for at least part of the
repair of that new machine. And for your insurance issues to be taken
care of.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/29/2014 1:30 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>
> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>
> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
> will bake them some this weekend.
>
> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>
> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
> touch it.
>
> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>
> Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my
> old insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent
> two letters today to the old insurance.
>
> I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
> drivers this morning so I could type the letters.
>
> Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.
>
> The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
> Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
> out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
> rspiration, etc. are all normal.
>
> Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks,
> but I am making an effort to cook and eat.
>
> Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
> the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.
>
> Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
> weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.
>
> Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
> can't be bad. :-)

You are one tough cookie - keep it up!

Cheers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:56:22 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:30:09 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:
>
>>Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>>chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>>stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>>

>snip
>
>I'm glad to hear that things are getting a little better. I used to
>fix myself some things to keep in the fridge and then I would snack at
>maybe 10 or 11 p.m., I found the house was quiet then, I was relaxed
>and eating a little bit wasn't much of a chore. I'd keep deviled
>eggs, god's eyes, cheese cubes -- that kind of protein thing in the
>fridge. And some already prepared fruit. That way you can just grab
>and snack. I tolerated food much better at that time of night. Be
>sure you use full-fat everything to keep your calories up. The
>booklet from the cancer people even suggest using half and half or
>cream.
>Keep up the good work.
>Janet US

Sorry, I meant Frogs Eyes. i.e., deli-thin slices of ham or beef,
spread with softened cream cheese (may season with horseradish if you
wish) roll the meat/cheese around either a dill pickle spear or
several olives. Refrigerate until firm and then slice into pieces
that would appeal to you as snack items.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>>
>> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>>
>> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
>> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
>> will bake them some this weekend.
>>
>> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>>
>> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
>> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
>> touch it.
>>
>> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
>> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>>
>> Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my
>> old insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent
>> two letters today to the old insurance.
>>
>> I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
>> drivers this morning so I could type the letters.
>>
>> Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.
>>
>> The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
>> Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
>> out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
>> rspiration, etc. are all normal.
>>
>> Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks,
>> but I am making an effort to cook and eat.
>>
>> Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
>> the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.
>>
>> Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
>> weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.
>>
>> Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
>> can't be bad. :-)

> I'm glad you're feeling better.. now find something to whet your
> appetite... meat loaf is tasty and nourishing... goes well with egg
> noodles and gravy. Have a great weekend!
>
> PS. I'd be honored to lift you from your tub.

LOL! I'll bet you would!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kody wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
>> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>>
>> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>>
>> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
>> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I will
>> bake them some this weekend.
>>
>> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>>
>> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
>> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and touch
>> it.
>>
>> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
>> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>>
>> Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my old
>> insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent two
>> letters today to the old insurance.
>>
>> I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
>> drivers this morning so I could type the letters.
>>
>> Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.
>>
>> The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
>> Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
>> out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
>> rspiration, etc. are all normal.
>>
>> Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks, but
>> I am making an effort to cook and eat.
>>
>> Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
>> the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.
>>
>> Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
>> weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.
>>
>> Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
>> can't be bad. :-)

> You are an inspiration Janet...keep impressing me please

I will do my utmost. :-)

Last night I went to services with my friend Ronni. She took me last
week and I was moving like an ancient being with a walker. Last night I
just strolled in, no mask, no problem. Got myself up for all the
"rising" and prayed really hard.

We stopped for a bite as a so-called Middle Eastern restaurant. Worst
falafel I have ever tasted. I lived off a Lebanese grease truck's
falafel for 3 years while I finished college at night, have eaten
falafel all over the world, including London, Sydney and, of course,
Israel and this had to be the poorest excuse for an otherwise delicious
food ever. But the company was great and Ronni got to spend some
quality girl time together.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:30:09 -0500, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>>

> snip
>
> I'm glad to hear that things are getting a little better. I used to
> fix myself some things to keep in the fridge and then I would snack at
> maybe 10 or 11 p.m., I found the house was quiet then, I was relaxed
> and eating a little bit wasn't much of a chore. I'd keep deviled
> eggs, god's eyes, cheese cubes -- that kind of protein thing in the
> fridge. And some already prepared fruit. That way you can just grab
> and snack. I tolerated food much better at that time of night. Be
> sure you use full-fat everything to keep your calories up. The
> booklet from the cancer people even suggest using half and half or
> cream.
> Keep up the good work.
> Janet US

Thanks, Janet, your tips are appreciated. I do fix myself a snack of
cheeses and a little salami around 3 in the afternoon. I have some good
leftovers, too. I like the tapioca with fruit as a late night snack.

When we were growing up, a favorite comfort food was salmon patties and
spaghetti. I have some more patties and I can fix spaghetti for my
lunch today. My sister called yesterday and I told her about the salmon
patties and she went back to that comfort place with me.

I usually keep a bowl of home made tapioca pudding in the in the fridge
but I need to make some more.

The great and powerful Eddie Flores (brother of my god friend Esmi) is
returning the fixed computer this AM. This guy does magic on computers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:56:22 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:30:09 -0500, Janet Wilder
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>>> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>>> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my hands.
>>>

>> snip
>>
>> I'm glad to hear that things are getting a little better. I used to
>> fix myself some things to keep in the fridge and then I would snack at
>> maybe 10 or 11 p.m., I found the house was quiet then, I was relaxed
>> and eating a little bit wasn't much of a chore. I'd keep deviled
>> eggs, god's eyes, cheese cubes -- that kind of protein thing in the
>> fridge. And some already prepared fruit. That way you can just grab
>> and snack. I tolerated food much better at that time of night. Be
>> sure you use full-fat everything to keep your calories up. The
>> booklet from the cancer people even suggest using half and half or
>> cream.
>> Keep up the good work.
>> Janet US

> Sorry, I meant Frogs Eyes. i.e., deli-thin slices of ham or beef,
> spread with softened cream cheese (may season with horseradish if you
> wish) roll the meat/cheese around either a dill pickle spear or
> several olives. Refrigerate until firm and then slice into pieces
> that would appeal to you as snack items.
> Janet US

They sound lovely, but the pickle taste buds are not receptive and I
just can't eat pickles right now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/29/2014 3:30 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my
>> hands.
>>
>> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>>
>> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
>> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
>> will bake them some this weekend.
>>
>> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>>
>> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
>> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
>> touch it.
>>
>> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
>> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>>

> (snippage)
>
> Keep on truckin', Janet! As the other US Janet suggested, it might be a
> good idea to keep some snacks on hand in the fridge.
>
> I'm glad you're enjoying that induction hob. My thoughts stay with you.
> I do hope you can bully Dell into paying for at least part of the
> repair of that new machine. And for your insurance issues to be taken
> care of.
>
> Jill

Jill, The Dell people haven't dealt with an irate Jersey Girl. They
have an experience coming. As for the City of New York, Medicare has
gotten all three insurances, the two non-active and the active one on
the record, so the Medicare bills will reach the proper insurance
company and my bills will be paid.

I'll wait two weeks and follow up on the other two companies.

You would think that when a man gives 32 years of his life to teach
mentally retarded children in the New York City middle schools, the same
man who had the very first license issued in special education in the
entire city, they would be a little kinder to his widow.

The New York Times will be getting a letter to the editor. I can't
imagine someone like myself who doesn't have the balls to take the on,
suffering. Can you imagine being without income for over 3 months?
that's how the f----ng City of New York awards its employees.

I sold my car to have something to live on and am still waiting for his
pension which should have begun shortly after his death as all the paper
work is/was in order.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mayo wrote:
> On 8/29/2014 1:30 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Actually, not just okay, but feeling lots better. I think my body
>> chemistry has returned to normal or close to it. I'm feeling much
>> stronger. I can cross my legs without having to lift them up in my
>> hands.
>>
>> Even drove myself to the market yesterday.
>>
>> I get a three-day holiday as there is no radiation on Monday. I talked
>> to my Rad guys and they love chocolate chip cookies with nuts. So I
>> will bake them some this weekend.
>>
>> 10 sessions down, 25 to go.
>>
>> All I need is my computer to get fixed and finish the manuscript. the
>> Grat and Powerful Eddie Flores has it as Dell would not come out and
>> touch it.
>>
>> Sent them a scathing email and the guy actually called. I want them to
>> pay for the repairs. I just might get them to pay for part, if not all.
>>
>> Other than that I've been fighting with the City of New York to get my
>> old insurance off of my Medicare. even called the Mayor's office.ent
>> two letters today to the old insurance.
>>
>> I am using my 2003 Dell Insperon laptop. I had to download the printer
>> drivers this morning so I could type the letters.
>>
>> Hopefully, mine will be back on Saturday.
>>
>> The home health care lady let me take a bath in my jet tub on Tuesday.
>> Wonderful. She said we could do that every Tuesday. I can't get myself
>> out alone, so she is just a treasure to have. Blood pressures,
>> rspiration, etc. are all normal.
>>
>> Starting to lose the appetite as I'm of the steroids almost 2 weeks,
>> but I am making an effort to cook and eat.
>>
>> Used the new induction cooktop to make salmon patties and I really like
>> the way it fries things. It does keep the temperature consant.
>>
>> Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor (Labour for my Canadian friends)
>> weekend and eats lots of barbecue and holiday food.
>>
>> Have no idea what the sig line is on this machine. Whatever it is, it
>> can't be bad. :-)

> You are one tough cookie - keep it up!
>
> Cheers.

Peanut butter cookie? They are my favorites :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:51:41 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:56:22 -0600, Janet Bostwick
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:30:09 -0500, Janet Wilder

>>> snip
>>>
>>> I'm glad to hear that things are getting a little better. I used to
>>> fix myself some things to keep in the fridge and then I would snack at
>>> maybe 10 or 11 p.m., I found the house was quiet then, I was relaxed
>>> and eating a little bit wasn't much of a chore. I'd keep deviled
>>> eggs, god's eyes, cheese cubes -- that kind of protein thing in the
>>> fridge. And some already prepared fruit. That way you can just grab
>>> and snack. I tolerated food much better at that time of night. Be
>>> sure you use full-fat everything to keep your calories up. The
>>> booklet from the cancer people even suggest using half and half or
>>> cream.
>>> Keep up the good work.
>>> Janet US

>> Sorry, I meant Frogs Eyes. i.e., deli-thin slices of ham or beef,
>> spread with softened cream cheese (may season with horseradish if you
>> wish) roll the meat/cheese around either a dill pickle spear or
>> several olives. Refrigerate until firm and then slice into pieces
>> that would appeal to you as snack items.
>> Janet US

>They sound lovely, but the pickle taste buds are not receptive and I
>just can't eat pickles right now.

then do without pickles or olives. I just found preparation plus
eating too much. I did the prep and then snack ate later.
Are you taking Coumadin or similar thus no Vitamin K consumption?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> I gather there is an association in Toronto fighting this but I figure
> I can't be bothered, a bigger pittance is not worth the effort I
> am thankful I worked and have my own pension as well as the usual
> Canadian ones.

Speak to AlexC in corrie group. He has been fighting this for years.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/30/2014 12:25 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:51:41 -0500, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>> On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:56:22 -0600, Janet Bostwick

>>> Sorry, I meant Frogs Eyes. i.e., deli-thin slices of ham or beef,
>>> spread with softened cream cheese (may season with horseradish if you
>>> wish) roll the meat/cheese around either a dill pickle spear or
>>> several olives. Refrigerate until firm and then slice into pieces
>>> that would appeal to you as snack items.
>>> Janet US

>> They sound lovely, but the pickle taste buds are not receptive and I
>> just can't eat pickles right now.

> then do without pickles or olives. I just found preparation plus
> eating too much. I did the prep and then snack ate later.
> Are you taking Coumadin or similar thus no Vitamin K consumption?
> Janet US

Just the opposite. I am consuming great quantities of vitamin K,
including K-2 supplements. Vitamin K seems to be the only thing keeping
my platelets at a non-bleeding percentage.

Before I started the supplements, my platelets were 8,000 after an
infusion of one bag. A few days later I got two bags of platelets and
had a bad nosebleed the next day. That's when I called the Doc and
asked about the vitamin K. He gave me his blessings.

There have been studies that K-2 has some effect in killing certain lung
cancer cells, so I decided to go with the K-2

After one week, platelets were up to 44,000 and after two weeks 46,000.
Normal is something like 500,000 and I'll never get there, but I have
no new bruises, no nose bleeds and someone can lay a hand on my shoulder
without leaving fingerprints of bruises.

Also, I no longer look like a domestic violence victim :-)

I'm also taking iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, extra B-12 (hoping
it helps appetite and energy) and my regular supplement stuff.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/29/2014 6:23 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> Keep on truckin', Janet! As the other US Janet suggested, it might be a
> good idea to keep some snacks on hand in the fridge.
>
> I'm glad you're enjoying that induction hob. My thoughts stay with you.
> I do hope you can bully Dell into paying for at least part of the
> repair of that new machine. And for your insurance issues to be taken
> care of.
>
> Jill

Thanks, Jill. My computer is back and working. Bless, Eddie. The
insurance issues are fixed enough that Medicare will bill all three
companies, two of whom won't pay and the real one will.

Still waiting for the pension. It's 3 months since I've had any income
other than social security and the few dollars I make editing
manuscripts. Waiting on the City of New York to get its act together.

Thank goodness I was able to sell my car. It's paying a lot of the bills.

I will get Dell. Eddie is sending me an invoice. He's pretty sure it
was a Microsoft update that bollixed up the works. Dell should have sent
out a guy to fix it.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/30/2014 11:20 AM, wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:58:52 -0500, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>> Jill, The Dell people haven't dealt with an irate Jersey Girl. They
>> have an experience coming. As for the City of New York, Medicare has
>> gotten all three insurances, the two non-active and the active one on
>> the record, so the Medicare bills will reach the proper insurance
>> company and my bills will be paid.
>>
>> I'll wait two weeks and follow up on the other two companies.
>>
>> You would think that when a man gives 32 years of his life to teach
>> mentally retarded children in the New York City middle schools, the same
>> man who had the very first license issued in special education in the
>> entire city, they would be a little kinder to his widow.
>>
>> The New York Times will be getting a letter to the editor. I can't
>> imagine someone like myself who doesn't have the balls to take the on,
>> suffering. Can you imagine being without income for over 3 months?
>> that's how the f----ng City of New York awards its employees.
>>
>> I sold my car to have something to live on and am still waiting for his
>> pension which should have begun shortly after his death as all the paper
>> work is/was in order.

> No surprises, I faced the same type of problems at the time, even
> though everything should have been straightforward. In fact, it made
> me wonder if they aren't testing the waters to see if the widow has a
> brain, or really knows what should be in place etc.
>
> Especially when they saw fit to pay Davids royal navy pension which
> had stopped the day he died, they calculated exactly how many days
> were at his rate that month and how many at mine, which was two thirds
> less than what he received ! No such words as 'Sorry it has taken
> nearly ten months to calculate and pay this' -
>
> They still send yearly chits which my doctor has to sign to say I am
> still alive, I have not remarried and do not consistently live with
> anyone I receive now exactly what I received 20 years ago, no COLA
> to it because I live in a Commonwealth country. Now if I lived in the
> USA, or Spain or Mexico, I would get a COLA - that always makes me
> feel bitter when I think of how Australians, Indians, Gurkhas,
> Canadians were there for the UK in time of war, right from the
> beginning.
>
> I gather there is an association in Toronto fighting this but I figure
> I can't be bothered, a bigger pittance is not worth the effort I
> am thankful I worked and have my own pension as well as the usual
> Canadian ones.
>
> I wish for you that it is quickly resolved, try to keep your mind off
> it, they will undoubtedly move at their own speed, ingrates!

Lucretia, your story makes me feel lass irate. You are getting, pardon
the pun, royally screwed.

If you want to earn more money, come live in Texas.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 8/30/2014 12:25 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:51:41 -0500, Janet Wilder
>> > wrote:

>>> They sound lovely, but the pickle taste buds are not receptive and I
>>> just can't eat pickles right now.

>> then do without pickles or olives. I just found preparation plus
>> eating too much. I did the prep and then snack ate later.
>> Are you taking Coumadin or similar thus no Vitamin K consumption?
>> Janet US
>>

> Just the opposite. I am consuming great quantities of vitamin K,
> including K-2 supplements. Vitamin K seems to be the only thing keeping
> my platelets at a non-bleeding percentage.
>
> Before I started the supplements, my platelets were 8,000 after an
> infusion of one bag. A few days later I got two bags of platelets and had
> a bad nosebleed the next day. That's when I called the Doc and asked
> about the vitamin K. He gave me his blessings.
>
> There have been studies that K-2 has some effect in killing certain lung
> cancer cells, so I decided to go with the K-2
>
> After one week, platelets were up to 44,000 and after two weeks 46,000.
> Normal is something like 500,000 and I'll never get there, but I have no
> new bruises, no nose bleeds and someone can lay a hand on my shoulder
> without leaving fingerprints of bruises.
>
> Also, I no longer look like a domestic violence victim :-)
>
> I'm also taking iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, extra B-12 (hoping it
> helps appetite and energy) and my regular supplement stuff.

*Big Hugs*

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/30/2014 6:14 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> b.com...
>> On 8/30/2014 12:25 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:51:41 -0500, Janet Wilder

>>> then do without pickles or olives. I just found preparation plus
>>> eating too much. I did the prep and then snack ate later.
>>> Are you taking Coumadin or similar thus no Vitamin K consumption?
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Just the opposite. I am consuming great quantities of vitamin K,
>> including K-2 supplements. Vitamin K seems to be the only thing
>> keeping my platelets at a non-bleeding percentage.
>>
>> Before I started the supplements, my platelets were 8,000 after an
>> infusion of one bag. A few days later I got two bags of platelets and
>> had a bad nosebleed the next day. That's when I called the Doc and
>> asked about the vitamin K. He gave me his blessings.
>>
>> There have been studies that K-2 has some effect in killing certain
>> lung cancer cells, so I decided to go with the K-2
>>
>> After one week, platelets were up to 44,000 and after two weeks
>> 46,000. Normal is something like 500,000 and I'll never get there, but
>> I have no new bruises, no nose bleeds and someone can lay a hand on my
>> shoulder without leaving fingerprints of bruises.
>>
>> Also, I no longer look like a domestic violence victim :-)
>>
>> I'm also taking iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, extra B-12
>> (hoping it helps appetite and energy) and my regular supplement stuff.

> *Big Hugs*

+1 and big hugs to you, too.

How far are you from Harwich? I will be there, G-d willing, next
summer. I could stay a night before my sailing.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 8/30/2014 6:14 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> b.com...

>>> Just the opposite. I am consuming great quantities of vitamin K,
>>> including K-2 supplements. Vitamin K seems to be the only thing
>>> keeping my platelets at a non-bleeding percentage.
>>>
>>> Before I started the supplements, my platelets were 8,000 after an
>>> infusion of one bag. A few days later I got two bags of platelets and
>>> had a bad nosebleed the next day. That's when I called the Doc and
>>> asked about the vitamin K. He gave me his blessings.
>>>
>>> There have been studies that K-2 has some effect in killing certain
>>> lung cancer cells, so I decided to go with the K-2
>>>
>>> After one week, platelets were up to 44,000 and after two weeks
>>> 46,000. Normal is something like 500,000 and I'll never get there, but
>>> I have no new bruises, no nose bleeds and someone can lay a hand on my
>>> shoulder without leaving fingerprints of bruises.
>>>
>>> Also, I no longer look like a domestic violence victim :-)
>>>
>>> I'm also taking iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, extra B-12
>>> (hoping it helps appetite and energy) and my regular supplement stuff.

>> *Big Hugs*
>>

> +1 and big hugs to you, too.
>
> How far are you from Harwich? I will be there, G-d willing, next summer.
> I could stay a night before my sailing.

Oh I would love to see you but I am in Scotland.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Things are looking up!

I bet a nice custard would go good. Nutritious and tasty.

I am battling about an insurance matter too, so know what you're going thru. Ugh. What makes it worse is - they're not there on weekends and so ya sit and worry for days, then wait on hold forever come Monday. Labor Day will make it even worse.

You're almost there. Hooray. Hang on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 16:46:32 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

>On 8/30/2014 12:25 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:51:41 -0500, Janet Wilder
>> > wrote:

>>> They sound lovely, but the pickle taste buds are not receptive and I
>>> just can't eat pickles right now.

>> then do without pickles or olives. I just found preparation plus
>> eating too much. I did the prep and then snack ate later.
>> Are you taking Coumadin or similar thus no Vitamin K consumption?
>> Janet US
>>

>Just the opposite. I am consuming great quantities of vitamin K,
>including K-2 supplements. Vitamin K seems to be the only thing keeping
>my platelets at a non-bleeding percentage.
>
>Before I started the supplements, my platelets were 8,000 after an
>infusion of one bag. A few days later I got two bags of platelets and
>had a bad nosebleed the next day. That's when I called the Doc and
>asked about the vitamin K. He gave me his blessings.
>
>There have been studies that K-2 has some effect in killing certain lung
>cancer cells, so I decided to go with the K-2
>
>After one week, platelets were up to 44,000 and after two weeks 46,000.
> Normal is something like 500,000 and I'll never get there, but I have
>no new bruises, no nose bleeds and someone can lay a hand on my shoulder
>without leaving fingerprints of bruises.
>
>Also, I no longer look like a domestic violence victim :-)
>
>I'm also taking iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, extra B-12 (hoping
>it helps appetite and energy) and my regular supplement stuff.

It sounds like you are getting everything under control. I'm really
glad that the bruising has stopped. That's worrisome
I sent an email to your address.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/30/2014 7:10 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> Things are looking up!
>
> I bet a nice custard would go good. Nutritious and tasty.
>
> I am battling about an insurance matter too, so know what you're going thru. Ugh. What makes it worse is - they're not there on weekends and so ya sit and worry for days, then wait on hold forever come Monday. Labor Day will make it even worse.
>
> You're almost there. Hooray. Hang on.

You, too! I'm very good at writing letters so if you need my help, the
real email is kelliepoodle at yahoo.com

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/30/2014 6:49 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
>> On 8/30/2014 6:14 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>>> b.com...

>>> *Big Hugs*
>>>

>> +1 and big hugs to you, too.
>>
>> How far are you from Harwich? I will be there, G-d willing, next
>> summer. I could stay a night before my sailing.

> Oh I would love to see you but I am in Scotland.

That's pretty far! Someday I hope to travel all of the British Isles.
I'm watching "Outlander" and Scotland intrigues me.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 8/30/2014 6:49 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> eb.com...

>>> +1 and big hugs to you, too.
>>>
>>> How far are you from Harwich? I will be there, G-d willing, next
>>> summer. I could stay a night before my sailing.

>> Oh I would love to see you but I am in Scotland.
>>

> That's pretty far! Someday I hope to travel all of the British Isles.
> I'm watching "Outlander" and Scotland intrigues me.

Then I will look forward to seeing you) You have my email address)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:25:40 AM UTC-4, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 8/30/2014 6:49 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>

> > "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message

> > eb.com...

> >> +1 and big hugs to you, too.

> >> How far are you from Harwich? I will be there, G-d willing, next

> >> summer. I could stay a night before my sailing.

> > Oh I would love to see you but I am in Scotland.

> That's pretty far! Someday I hope to travel all of the British Isles.
>
> I'm watching "Outlander" and Scotland intrigues me. A

A friend went there this summer - wishes she'd spent more time in Edinburgh than Glasgow. They are not that far apart, so I wonder why her tour had her changing hotels and sandwiching Glasgow in between? She had four nights in G and only 5, (split) in E.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> That is quibbling, what the heart says and what the flag says are two
>>> different things.
>>>

>> Perhaps, but Scots are very proud and very independent folks, to a one I
>> have found.

> For sure we are, and there's nothing wrong with that !!

And it makes you folks interesting and engaging.

I'm not much on bland people anyway.