Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tomato Sandwich

Tomato sandwich on a Brazilian cheese bun with some potato salad,
olives and my homemade dilly beans. Deeeeelicious

https://flic.kr/p/oEQdU4

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> Tomato sandwich on a Brazilian cheese bun with some potato salad,
> olives and my homemade dilly beans. Deeeeelicious
>
> https://flic.kr/p/oEQdU4
>
> koko

I am still waiting for my invitation. (foot thumps impatiently)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:41:55 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Tomato sandwich on a Brazilian cheese bun with some potato salad,
>> olives and my homemade dilly beans. Deeeeelicious
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/oEQdU4
>>
>> koko

>I am still waiting for my invitation. (foot thumps impatiently)

Next time I won't forget to invite you ;-)

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:41:55 -0700, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>

>>"koko" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Tomato sandwich on a Brazilian cheese bun with some potato salad,
>>> olives and my homemade dilly beans. Deeeeelicious
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/oEQdU4
>>>
>>> koko

>>I am still waiting for my invitation. (foot thumps impatiently)
>>

> Next time I won't forget to invite you ;-)

yeah, it's always "next time"!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:31:02 -0700, koko > wrote:

>Tomato sandwich on a Brazilian cheese bun with some potato salad,
>olives and my homemade dilly beans. Deeeeelicious
>
>https://flic.kr/p/oEQdU4
>
>koko

I didn't mess with bread. I had a big bowl of chunked tomatoes, diced
mozzarella, ribbons of basil, s&p, basalmic vinegar and olive oil.
mmmmm,mmmmm
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:14:16 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:31:02 -0700, koko > wrote:
>

>>Tomato sandwich on a Brazilian cheese bun with some potato salad,
>>olives and my homemade dilly beans. Deeeeelicious
>>
>>https://flic.kr/p/oEQdU4
>>
>>koko

>I didn't mess with bread. I had a big bowl of chunked tomatoes, diced
>mozzarella, ribbons of basil, s&p, basalmic vinegar and olive oil.
>mmmmm,mmmmm

Me too... chunked home growns with diced home grown kirbys, a diced
sweet onion, parsley, and an oriental dressing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:25:16 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:14:16 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:31:02 -0700, koko > wrote:
>>

>>>Tomato sandwich on a Brazilian cheese bun with some potato salad,
>>>olives and my homemade dilly beans. Deeeeelicious
>>>
>>>https://flic.kr/p/oEQdU4
>>>
>>>koko

>>I didn't mess with bread. I had a big bowl of chunked tomatoes, diced
>>mozzarella, ribbons of basil, s&p, basalmic vinegar and olive oil.
>>mmmmm,mmmmm

>Me too... chunked home growns with diced home grown kirbys, a diced
>sweet onion, parsley, and an oriental dressing.

I often do that too. I grow Sweet Success cucumber. it grows 14
inches long. It's great for making sour cream cucumbers.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:43:50 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> I often do that too. I grow Sweet Success cucumber. it grows 14
> inches long. It's great for making sour cream cucumbers.
> Janet US

How many people are you feeding with a single cucumber like that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
>Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> I often do that too. I grow Sweet Success cucumber. it grows 14
>> inches long. It's great for making sour cream cucumbers.
>> Janet US

>How many people are you feeding with a single cucumber like that?

And here I wasn't going to comment on her fourteen incher. heh
I pick my kirbys at 4-5 inches but I'll dice a half dozen, that equals
like two fourteen inchers. Then add one large finely diced sweet
onion, a small bunch curly leaf parsley, and 4-5 medium red ripe home
growns diced. That fills a 1 1/2 quart bowl to the top. Then I mix
up a cup of oriental dressing, I don't measure, just eyeball; evoo,
apple cider vinegar, grated ginger, dark brown sugar, white pepper,
granulated garlic, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, msg. How many people
that feeds, just me... really not a lot, it's mostly water, an hour
later I'm ready to eat real food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:52:53 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:43:50 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>
>> I often do that too. I grow Sweet Success cucumber. it grows 14
>> inches long. It's great for making sour cream cucumbers.
>> Janet US

>How many people are you feeding with a single cucumber like that?

Making sour cream cucumber salad will use up 4 or 5 (we like the salad
a lot and it keeps several days in the fridge) I use the cuke for a
nighttime snack -- fresh-picked cucumbers have a snap, crunch and
sweetness that store bought don't. We eat what amounts to chopped
salad -- lots of chopped veggies and little lettuce. I love cucumber
sandwiches. When I get too many coming in at once I offer them to
neighbors. I've tried buying cucumbers at the supermarket and they
really are awful in comparison.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/29/2014 10:21 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:52:53 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:43:50 -0600, Janet Bostwick
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I often do that too. I grow Sweet Success cucumber. it grows 14
>>> inches long. It's great for making sour cream cucumbers.
>>> Janet US

>> How many people are you feeding with a single cucumber like that?

> Making sour cream cucumber salad will use up 4 or 5 (we like the salad
> a lot and it keeps several days in the fridge) I use the cuke for a
> nighttime snack -- fresh-picked cucumbers have a snap, crunch and
> sweetness that store bought don't. We eat what amounts to chopped
> salad -- lots of chopped veggies and little lettuce. I love cucumber
> sandwiches. When I get too many coming in at once I offer them to
> neighbors. I've tried buying cucumbers at the supermarket and they
> really are awful in comparison.
> Janet US

Perhaps, you are not selecting cucumbers properly in the stores. They
should be dark green all over and not be noticeably soft. I will agree
that home grown ones are probably better :-)

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:37:08 -0400, James Silverton
> wrote:

>On 8/29/2014 10:21 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:52:53 -0700, sf > wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:43:50 -0600, Janet Bostwick

>>> How many people are you feeding with a single cucumber like that?

>> Making sour cream cucumber salad will use up 4 or 5 (we like the salad
>> a lot and it keeps several days in the fridge) I use the cuke for a
>> nighttime snack -- fresh-picked cucumbers have a snap, crunch and
>> sweetness that store bought don't. We eat what amounts to chopped
>> salad -- lots of chopped veggies and little lettuce. I love cucumber
>> sandwiches. When I get too many coming in at once I offer them to
>> neighbors. I've tried buying cucumbers at the supermarket and they
>> really are awful in comparison.
>> Janet US
>>

>Perhaps, you are not selecting cucumbers properly in the stores. They
>should be dark green all over and not be noticeably soft. I will agree
>that home grown ones are probably better :-)

No, store cucumbers just are nothing like the real thing.
Janet US