Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Planned Leftovers

I watched Sandra Lee on Food Network this morning. People love to put
her down, but she has her finger on the pulse of how people cook
(especially those who are still working). It resonated with me
because I had just made chicken and corn chowder last night using a
leftover piece of chicken breast - chicken & corn chowder can be
pretty quick to make if you have precooked chicken on hand. Safeway
used to sell whole rotisserie chickens on Friday for $5 each and
that's probably what she is referring to when she mentions the price.
In any case, she stripped the chicken and made two meals with the meat
and then grilled enough vegetables for two meals. Nobody is saying
you can't roast your own chicken to strip, but her demographic is
obviously families with two working parents who are home at 6PM and
need to have the kids fed, bathed and tucked into bed by 8 at the
latest. I saved all three recipes. If you're interested, here's the
link.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/san...ly-simple.html

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:56:09 -0700, sf wrote:

> Nobody is saying you can't roast your own chicken to strip, but her
> demographic is obviously families with two working parents who are home
> at 6PM and need to have the kids fed, bathed and tucked into bed by 8 at
> the latest. I saved all three recipes. If you're interested, here's
> the link.
>
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/san...ls/500-series/

seasonally-simple.html

I'm always looking for help with meal planning and managing leftovers. I
like some of Sandra Lee's round 1 and round 2 ideas with her Money Saving
Meals show. I never paid any attention to this show. She really lost
me with Semi-Homemade Meals. I use my fair share of prepared items and
shortcuts, but she was beyond even me. The prepared and convenience
items I noticed on the Money Saving Meals recipes I skimmed are
reasonable and you could certainly substitute homemade if you prefer. I
should try a few recipes. I know my family would like the chicken corn
chowder.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

More planned leftovers on Nigella Kitchen today. She made chicken
caesar salad using leftover jerk chicken.
http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/show...it-my-way.html

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila