Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sicilian Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes "Arraganati"

On 5/25/2014 6:12 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:

> My son is currently in Italy, touring with his University Wind Ensemble.
> He's taking tons of photos that he's sharing on facebook. Included
> are photos of his meals - every single one has been pasta in one form or
> another. Some accompanied by pizza margharita.(sp?) I think he'll be
> thoroughly spoiled by the time he returns home. OR, maybe he'll be
> prompted to try to cook his own!

I'm sure he is having a good time. Maybe half our meals in Italy had
pasta. Potato and rice were more common than I expected. Never had a
bad meal in Italy though. He will have high expectations now!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/25/2014 6:12 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
>

>> My son is currently in Italy, touring with his University Wind Ensemble.
>> He's taking tons of photos that he's sharing on facebook. Included
>> are photos of his meals - every single one has been pasta in one form or
>> another. Some accompanied by pizza margharita.(sp?) I think he'll be
>> thoroughly spoiled by the time he returns home. OR, maybe he'll be
>> prompted to try to cook his own!
>>

> I'm sure he is having a good time. Maybe half our meals in Italy had
> pasta. Potato and rice were more common than I expected. Never had a
> bad meal in Italy though. He will have high expectations now!

peas

they like peas

at least in Northern Italy

one guy called them "pizz" -- took us a minute to bridge that gap

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/25/2014 6:12 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
>>

>>> My son is currently in Italy, touring with his University Wind Ensemble.
>>> He's taking tons of photos that he's sharing on facebook. Included
>>> are photos of his meals - every single one has been pasta in one form or
>>> another. Some accompanied by pizza margharita.(sp?) I think he'll be
>>> thoroughly spoiled by the time he returns home. OR, maybe he'll be
>>> prompted to try to cook his own!
>>>

>> I'm sure he is having a good time. Maybe half our meals in Italy had
>> pasta. Potato and rice were more common than I expected. Never had a
>> bad meal in Italy though. He will have high expectations now!

> peas
>
> they like peas
>
> at least in Northern Italy
>
> one guy called them "pizz" -- took us a minute to bridge that gap

Oh yes! One of the best Italian pasta dishes I had, had peas in it. I
still need to do Lidia Bastianich's recipe for peas with bacon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I'm sure he is having a good time. Maybe half our meals in Italy had
>>> pasta. Potato and rice were more common than I expected. Never had a
>>> bad meal in Italy though. He will have high expectations now!

>> peas
>>
>> they like peas
>>
>> at least in Northern Italy
>>
>> one guy called them "pizz" -- took us a minute to bridge that gap

> Oh yes! One of the best Italian pasta dishes I had, had peas in it. I
> still need to do Lidia Bastianich's recipe for peas with bacon.

GO FOR IT