Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Refusing to Share Recipes, Tips & Tricks

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 16:45:46 -0800 in rec.food.cooking, sf
> wrote,
>> Same down here in South Carolina! I can't even find regular unsalted
>> butter for $2.45/lb.
>>

>That's called a sale price here in sunny California.

Unsalted butter $2.69/lb was the regular price today at Smart&Final.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 22:13:41 -0800, David Harmon >
wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 16:45:46 -0800 in rec.food.cooking, sf
> > wrote,
> >> Same down here in South Carolina! I can't even find regular unsalted
> >> butter for $2.45/lb.
> >>

> >That's called a sale price here in sunny California.

> Unsalted butter $2.69/lb was the regular price today at Smart&Final.

Dang. Didn't even look at butter when I was there today... but I have
so much in stock from pre-Christmas sales, I won't need any until at
least next month. In any case, usually the butter they have at that
price is a block, not sticks. They might be selling overstock butter
at pre-Christmas prices, but unless it's a no name brand (by the
block) - you won't usually find it that cheap at the Smart & Final I
shop in.

In any case, Smart & Final isn't a regular grocery store. It's one of
those places, like Trader Joe's, that you make a first stop to buy as
much as you can at a good price and then go to a real grocery store to
buy everything you wanted but couldn't find at the first stop.