Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Washington Post - The secret hand codes used by waiters at top restaurants revealed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html

Interesting! I've not seen those but I will look for them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html

> Interesting! I've not seen those but I will look for them.

I thought it might amuse any of those that used such restaurants)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/27/2013 11:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html

Interesting. I never eat at such places. I liked this line:

'You can’t yell across the dining room, "Hey, I need help delivering food!"'

No, they just go into the kitchen and say "I'm in the weeds! Can
someone take this to table 12?"

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 12/27/2013 11:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html
>>

> Interesting. I never eat at such places. I liked this line:
>
> 'You can’t yell across the dining room, "Hey, I need help delivering
> food!"'
>
> No, they just go into the kitchen and say "I'm in the weeds! Can someone
> take this to table 12?"

<g> I've never seen a place like that either - unless they were very
discreet and I never noticed
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 17:39:47 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> > On 12/27/2013 11:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html
> >>

> > Interesting. I never eat at such places. I liked this line:
> >
> > 'You can’t yell across the dining room, "Hey, I need help delivering
> > food!"'
> >
> > No, they just go into the kitchen and say "I'm in the weeds! Can someone
> > take this to table 12?"

> <g> I've never seen a place like that either - unless they were very
> discreet and I never noticed

Maybe you'll see it the next time you eat at the Fat Duck.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 17:39:47 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:

>> > Interesting. I never eat at such places. I liked this line:
>> >
>> > 'You can't yell across the dining room, "Hey, I need help delivering
>> > food!"'
>> >
>> > No, they just go into the kitchen and say "I'm in the weeds! Can
>> > someone
>> > take this to table 12?"

>> <g> I've never seen a place like that either - unless they were very
>> discreet and I never noticed

> Maybe you'll see it the next time you eat at the Fat Duck.

Never eaten at the Fat Duck))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/27/2013 11:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html

Very enjoyable read. I think it's a great idea! Notice the video didn't
get into any of the offensive signals like the article did, such as the
messy eaters or patrons being banned. I wonder how that works anyway?

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 12/27/2013 11:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html
>>

> Very enjoyable read. I think it's a great idea! Notice the video didn't
> get into any of the offensive signals like the article did, such as the
> messy eaters or patrons being banned. I wonder how that works anyway?

LOL who knows ... not me))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-27 11:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html

Classy place. The opening shot features a tray of their gourmet
offerings..... hamburgers and fries. Granted... the mustard relish and
ketchup are in little stainless containers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 16:36:41 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html

They left out a pretty important signal I first read about in Playboy
magazine.

Do not recognize
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/28/2013 5:17 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 12/27/2013 11:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html
>>

> Very enjoyable read. I think it's a great idea! Notice the video didn't
> get into any of the offensive signals like the article did, such as the
> messy eaters or patrons being banned. I wonder how that works anyway?

Good question! To ban a patron they'd have to recognize them. Then
what? How do they turn them away at the door? Hmmmm. Employing
bouncers doesn't exactly spell 'high class establishment'. LOL

Thinking about it this way, it sounds like a set-up for a 1930's movie
with a love triangle, set in a supper club. Or a Three Stooges film.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 12/28/2013 5:17 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> On 12/27/2013 11:36 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html
>>>

>> Very enjoyable read. I think it's a great idea! Notice the video didn't
>> get into any of the offensive signals like the article did, such as the
>> messy eaters or patrons being banned. I wonder how that works anyway?
>>

> Good question! To ban a patron they'd have to recognize them. Then what?
> How do they turn them away at the door? Hmmmm. Employing bouncers
> doesn't exactly spell 'high class establishment'. LOL
>
> Thinking about it this way, it sounds like a set-up for a 1930's movie
> with a love triangle, set in a supper club. Or a Three Stooges film.

lol is your Washington Post known for posting such stuff?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/