Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Starting the New Year with fresh food!

I am getting towards Mother Hubbard status here. Although my baking
cupboard and the one with dried beans, rice and pasta are fine, the fridge
hasn't got much in it, the freezer is no longer packed and some of my canned
goods are getting low.

I had gotten to the point where things like condiments had only little dregs
left in them and then someone put two virtually empty hummus tubs back in
the fridge. I think the cheese monster has struck too!

I guess that's what I get for trying to live mainly off my stockpile for
over a month. Time to buy new! I hope I can get some good prices on things
tomorrow.

I did try to buy some things at Target. I did buy some but they have made
changes yet again. Now the bell peppers are individually shrink wrapped and
I won't buy them that way because it is impossible to tell if they are
fresh. And the bagged salads have been cut back to about a 3 foot section.
Pathetic! Can't tell what they expanded on though. Perhaps the yogurt?
They seem to have a lot of yogurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> I am getting towards Mother Hubbard status here. Although my baking
> cupboard and the one with dried beans, rice and pasta are fine, the fridge
> hasn't got much in it, the freezer is no longer packed and some of my canned
> goods are getting low.
>
> I had gotten to the point where things like condiments had only little dregs
> left in them and then someone put two virtually empty hummus tubs back in
> the fridge. I think the cheese monster has struck too!
>
> I guess that's what I get for trying to live mainly off my stockpile for
> over a month. Time to buy new! I hope I can get some good prices on things
> tomorrow.
>
> I did try to buy some things at Target. I did buy some but they have made
> changes yet again. Now the bell peppers are individually shrink wrapped and
> I won't buy them that way because it is impossible to tell if they are
> fresh. And the bagged salads have been cut back to about a 3 foot section.
> Pathetic! Can't tell what they expanded on though. Perhaps the yogurt?
> They seem to have a lot of yogurt.

imagine what would happen if you told them you won't buy shrink wrapped
produce, especially with your debit card
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 27, 2013 7:24:53 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> I am getting towards Mother Hubbard status here. Although my baking
>
> cupboard and the one with dried beans, rice and pasta are fine, the fridge
>
> hasn't got much in it, the freezer is no longer packed and some of my canned
>
> goods are getting low.
>

> I had gotten to the point where things like condiments had only little dregs
>
> left in them and then someone put two virtually empty hummus tubs back in
>
> the fridge. I think the cheese monster has struck too!
>

> I guess that's what I get for trying to live mainly off my stockpile for
>
> over a month. Time to buy new! I hope I can get some good prices on things
>
> tomorrow.
>

> I did try to buy some things at Target. I did buy some but they have made
>
> changes yet again. Now the bell peppers are individually shrink wrapped and
>
> I won't buy them that way because it is impossible to tell if they are
>
> fresh. And the bagged salads have been cut back to about a 3 foot section.
>
> Pathetic! Can't tell what they expanded on though. Perhaps the yogurt?
>
> They seem to have a lot of yogurt.

Jesus wept.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 27, 2013 8:12:54 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> On Friday, December 27, 2013 7:24:53 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > I am getting towards Mother Hubbard status here. Although my baking

cupboard and the one with dried beans, rice and pasta are fine, the fridge hasn't got much in it, the freezer is no longer packed and some of my canned goods are getting low. <much deletion of extraneous material>

> Jesus wept.

I'm sure he did...I know I did.

===

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/28/2013 1:12 AM, Roy wrote:
> On Friday, December 27, 2013 8:12:54 PM UTC-7, wrote:
>> On Friday, December 27, 2013 7:24:53 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I am getting towards Mother Hubbard status here. Although my baking

> cupboard and the one with dried beans, rice and pasta are fine, the fridge hasn't got much in it, the freezer is no longer packed and some of my canned goods are getting low. <much deletion of extraneous material>
>
>> Jesus wept.

> I'm sure he did...I know I did.
>
> ===

It's time to order more food online. Happy New Year!

Jill