Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nut Bread

I have no further info. This was hand-written by my German grandmother
but it's attributed to Mrs. B... that was my Scottish grandmother, Mrs.
Brown. They were next door neighbors.

Nut Bread

3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 cup B[rown] sugar
1-1/2 cup milk
1 [something indesciperable... well?] beaten egg
1 cup chopped nuts
Bake 350°

I guess that's all you needed to know about how to make and bake nut
bread.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>I have no further info. This was hand-written by my German grandmother but
>it's attributed to Mrs. B... that was my Scottish grandmother, Mrs. Brown.
>They were next door neighbors.
>
> Nut Bread
>
> 3 cups flour
> 3 tsp baking powder
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 1-1/4 cup B[rown] sugar
> 1-1/2 cup milk
> 1 [something indesciperable... well?] beaten egg
> 1 cup chopped nuts
> Bake 350°
>
> I guess that's all you needed to know about how to make and bake nut
> bread.

Sounds about right but we put in dates too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> I have no further info. This was hand-written by my German
> grandmother but it's attributed to Mrs. B... that was my Scottish
> grandmother, Mrs. Brown. They were next door neighbors.
>
> Nut Bread
>
> 3 cups flour
> 3 tsp baking powder
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 1-1/4 cup B[rown] sugar
> 1-1/2 cup milk
> 1 [something indesciperable... well?] beaten egg
> 1 cup chopped nuts
> Bake 350°
>
> I guess that's all you needed to know about how to make and bake nut
> bread.
>
> Jill

Yep, that seems about right to me, too. If you want it to be
gluten-free, just substitute other kinds of flour and add 3 teaspoons of
xanthan or guar gum.

-S-