Are some microwaves better for popcorn?

Old 15-12-2013, 11:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Are some microwaves better for popcorn?

"A Moose in Love" wrote in message
On Sunday, December 15, 2013 7:14:28 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
I tried the lemon popcorn again and although the end result tastes

wonderful, there was a problem. I had to stop the popping because I
could

smell it starting to scorch. Only a few kernels got that way and overall

there is no scorched taste. But because of this, about half of the
kernels

didn't pop. So, grrr...

On the plus side, I still have most of the packet of seasoning #2 (the
lemon

and salt) so I can use it another time on my own popcorn. And I will for

sure try to come up with this seasoning on my own. But this is exactly
the

flavor that I wanted. I only used the tiniest bit of the oil this time.

I've never popped in a Microwave. I purchase kernels and put em in my
cast iron pan along with some oil/butter.

I normally pan pop too but this is a flavored popcorn that I wanted to try.

Old 15-12-2013, 11:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 09:18:03 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

Since this doesn't sound like a packet of
microwave popcorn, I'd just cook it in a pan with a lid on the stove
top. Shake, shake, shake, pop pop pop.

You don't even need to shake if you have decent heavy pots and pans.
That's what my original style Calpholon is wonderful for. Put the
popcorn in, cover, and don't touch the pan again until the popping
stops.

I never shake mine either.

Old 15-12-2013, 11:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 04:14:28 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I tried the lemon popcorn again and although the end result tastes
wonderful, there was a problem. I had to stop the popping because I
could
smell it starting to scorch. Only a few kernels got that way and overall
there is no scorched taste. But because of this, about half of the
kernels
didn't pop. So, grrr...

On the plus side, I still have most of the packet of seasoning #2 (the
lemon
and salt) so I can use it another time on my own popcorn. And I will for
sure try to come up with this seasoning on my own. But this is exactly
the
flavor that I wanted.

Here was your problem:

I only used the tiniest bit of the oil this time.

No. The oil is put on after it is popped.

Again, If you'd just follow the instructions like normal people you
wouldn't have all these problems. And then have to speculate about
what is going wrong.

I did! Said it could take up to three minutes to pop. But to stop the
popping when it gets down to one second between pops. But mine wasn't even
to that point yet and it it was all scorched. The second time, it began to
scorch even sooner. I stopped the popping so damage to only maybe three
kernels but about half was unpopped.

Old 16-12-2013, 02:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 5:03:21 PM UTC-5, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:48:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:14:28 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

I tried the lemon popcorn again and although the end result tastes

wonderful, there was a problem. I had to stop the popping because I could

smell it starting to scorch. Only a few kernels got that way and overall

there is no scorched taste. But because of this, about half of the kernels

didn't pop. So, grrr...

On the plus side, I still have most of the packet of seasoning #2 (the lemon

and salt) so I can use it another time on my own popcorn. And I will for

sure try to come up with this seasoning on my own. But this is exactly the

flavor that I wanted. I only used the tiniest bit of the oil this time.

You don't make popcorn in a microwave, you dumb bitch. Popcorn is made in a pan on the stove. Why are you here? You are stupid, you hate food, you can't cook, and you just suck.

While that's all true, no one even knows if you cook at all because you

never post about cooking, so "Why are you here?"

--B

She's here because I think she ****s like a mink. So good baby. So good bun buns.
Old 16-12-2013, 02:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 2:14 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I tried the lemon popcorn again and although the end result tastes
wonderful, there was a problem. I had to stop the popping because I
could smell it starting to scorch. Only a few kernels got that way and
overall there is no scorched taste. But because of this, about half of
the kernels didn't pop. So, grrr...

On the plus side, I still have most of the packet of seasoning #2 (the
lemon and salt) so I can use it another time on my own popcorn. And I
will for sure try to come up with this seasoning on my own. But this is
exactly the flavor that I wanted. I only used the tiniest bit of the
oil this time.

Some microwaves are better because they're higher wattage. Always use
the highest power level available. It takes some practice to know when
to turn off the power. Scorched popcorn is a common problem. Just take
it out earlier. The frequency of the pops will tell you when the time is
right. The most important rule is do not try to pop all the kernels.
Follow this rule and you will be a master of the microwaving of the
popcorn.
Old 16-12-2013, 03:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 8:25:44 PM UTC-6, A Moose in Love wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2013 5:03:21 PM UTC-5, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:48:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:

You don't make popcorn in a microwave, you dumb bitch. Popcorn is made in a pan on the stove. Why are you here? You are stupid, you hate food, you can't cook, and you just suck.

While that's all true, no one even knows if you cook at all because you

never post about cooking, so "Why are you here?"

--B

She's here because I think she ****s like a mink. So good baby. So good bun buns.

Then why isn't she posting to alt.sex.****s-like-a-mink?

--B
Old 16-12-2013, 04:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:18:39 PM UTC-5, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2013 8:25:44 PM UTC-6, A Moose in Love wrote:

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 5:03:21 PM UTC-5, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:48:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:

You don't make popcorn in a microwave, you dumb bitch. Popcorn is made in a pan on the stove. Why are you here? You are stupid, you hate food, you can't cook, and you just suck.

While that's all true, no one even knows if you cook at all because you

never post about cooking, so "Why are you here?"

--B

She's here because I think she ****s like a mink. So good baby. So good bun buns.

Then why isn't she posting to alt.sex.****s-like-a-mink?

--B

In reality, she's a junkie. And not only that, she prolly uses crack. Women tend to go downhill pretty fast when using hard dope. The crack gives them brain damage, and they get all jerky. It's ugly.
Old 16-12-2013, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 8:03 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
Try placing the bag in the microwave slightly off center.

Try realizing NO one thinks you are worth dog spit.
Old 16-12-2013, 05:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 8:04 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
You neglected to tell us it also comes with stove-top instructions.

-sw

You are one sick attention whore.
Old 16-12-2013, 05:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:18:39 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I normally pan pop too but this is a flavored popcorn that I wanted to
try.

You neglected to tell us it also comes with stove-top instructions.

It does? I didn't see that. But why would they bother to do that if the
corn is sealed in a microwavable bag?

Hmmm... I does! So I will do it that way next time. But Ima still going
to try to make my own seasonings.

Old 16-12-2013, 05:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 7:25 PM, A Moose in Love wrote:
I think she ****s like a mink.

Yer a nazi:

"Marines? My father was 20 times better. He was a Waffen SS man, and
operated an MG42 on the Soviet front."