Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default PING: Wayne Boatwright

They're looking for you on the Facebook RFC Cooking group.
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> They're looking for you on the Facebook RFC Cooking group.

Well, if he ends up there please tell him not to forget us here!!!
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/12/2013 2:01 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> They're looking for you on the Facebook RFC Cooking group.

> Well, if he ends up there please tell him not to forget us here!!!

I second that! We like hearing from Wayne on usenet RFC again.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 12/12/2013 2:01 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>>> They're looking for you on the Facebook RFC Cooking group.

>> Well, if he ends up there please tell him not to forget us here!!!

> I second that! We like hearing from Wayne on usenet RFC again.

Yers )
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2013 1:21 AM, Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:32:34 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> Well, if he ends up there please tell him not to forget us here!!!

>> I second that! We like hearing from Wayne on usenet RFC again.
>>
>> Jill

> Couldn't he post both places?
>
> Christine

Of course! It's just that not all of us like Facebook.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:21:44 -0800, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:32:34 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> Well, if he ends up there please tell him not to forget us here!!!

> >I second that! We like hearing from Wayne on usenet RFC again.
> >
> >Jill

> Couldn't he post both places?

Is it true that it's a closed group now? When did that happen?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 13, 2013 8:28:27 AM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/13/2013 1:21 AM, Christine Dabney wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:32:34 -0500, jmcquown >

> > wrote:

> >> I second that! We like hearing from Wayne on usenet RFC again.

> >> Jill

> > Couldn't he post both places?

> > Christine

> Of course! It's just that not all of us like Facebook.

FB is awfully addictive. For the first time ever, I killed my FB page.
The next day, I wrote 3-1/2 pages of the book. Coincidence?

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2013 9:23 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Looks like all this bickering scared him away again!
>
> -sw

And we know how you love to pretend you scare people, dwarf.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2013 7:56 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:21:44 -0800, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:32:34 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> I second that! We like hearing from Wayne on usenet RFC again.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Couldn't he post both places?
>>

> Is it true that it's a closed group now? When did that happen?

They're circling the wagons, censors love to do that you know...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2013 9:56 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:21:44 -0800, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:32:34 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> I second that! We like hearing from Wayne on usenet RFC again.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Couldn't he post both places?
>>

> Is it true that it's a closed group now? When did that happen?

To paraphrase WC Fields, I wouldn't want to belong to any group that
would have me as a member.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2013 10:04 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/13/2013 9:56 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:21:44 -0800, Christine Dabney
>> > wrote:

>>> Couldn't he post both places?
>>>

>> Is it true that it's a closed group now? When did that happen?
>>

> To paraphrase WC Fields, I wouldn't want to belong to any group that
> would have me as a member.
>
> Jill

I bet they feel likewise...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 06:56:47 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:21:44 -0800, Christine Dabney
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:32:34 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>> >I second that! We like hearing from Wayne on usenet RFC again.
>> >
>> >Jill

>> Couldn't he post both places?
>>

>Is it true that it's a closed group now? When did that happen?

Quite a while... it's moderated... more than a year ago the powers
that be refused to permit me to join. I read the group for a few
hours, but I was told that I wasn't permitted to post, not that I
tried. But the reason I was given is that several of the regulars
didn't want me there... I'm missing nothing. In fact at first they
didn't believe it was me, they had thought someone was impersonating
me... no one can impersonate me, no one is smart enough... and I never
pretend to be someone else, I want FULL credit for anything I post. I
only wish the friggin' faces would stay where they belong and not
pollute Newsgroups. I think lurkers are the lowest dreck on the
planet, far lower than spammers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 13, 2013 2:12:43 PM UTC-8, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 06:56:47 -0800, sf > wrote:
>

> >On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:21:44 -0800, Christine Dabney

> > wrote:

> >> Couldn't he post both places?

> >Is it true that it's a closed group now? When did that happen?

> Quite a while... it's moderated... more than a year ago the powers
>
> that be refused to permit me to join. I read the group for a few
>
> hours, but I was told that I wasn't permitted to post, not that I
>
> tried. But the reason I was given is that several of the regulars
>
> didn't want me there... I'm missing nothing. In fact at first they
>
> didn't believe it was me, they had thought someone was impersonating
>
> me... no one can impersonate me, no one is smart enough... and I never
>
> pretend to be someone else, I want FULL credit for anything I post. I
>
> only wish the friggin' faces would stay where they belong and not
>
> pollute Newsgroups. I think lurkers are the lowest dreck on the
>
> planet, far lower than spammers.

I joined the group, but then I quit it not too soon after as it seemed to be really snobby.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. 190.14...
> On Thu 12 Dec 2013 10:35:38a, Melba's Jammin' told us...
>
>> They're looking for you on the Facebook RFC Cooking group.

> I "cancelled" my Facebook account a very long time ago, although I
> think nothing ever disappears from Facebook, so my page is probably
> still out there somewhere. Facebook began seeming more and more like
> an invasion of privacy. So...I will just stick with the RFC newsgroup,
> and will probably never be on the Facebook RFC Cooking group again.
>
> --

Great! Glad to see that I am not the only one who "cancelled" FB. I am now
considering cancelling LinkedIn after a colleague unwittingly downloaded a
bug that cost him 2-3 days work.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2013 9:58 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 12 Dec 2013 12:01:56p, Ophelia told us...
>

>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>>> They're looking for you on the Facebook RFC Cooking group.

>> Well, if he ends up there please tell him not to forget us here!!!

> I won't be going to Facebook, Ophelia, and expect to remain here as
> time permits.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm on Facebook but I really don't
trust it. A couple of months ago, when I logged in to see my
sil's message (she's the only reason I'm on Facebook), it asked
for my phone number!

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. 190.14...
> On Thu 12 Dec 2013 11:21:44p, Christine Dabney told us...
>
>> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:32:34 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>>I second that! We like hearing from Wayne on usenet RFC again.
>>>
>>>Jill

>> Couldn't he post both places?
>>
>> Christine

> I could, but I won't, Christine. I'm _done_ with Facebook. :-)

I dunno ... the price of fame and popularity - such a hard life )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16 Dec 2013 15:14:06 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Mon 16 Dec 2013 08:04:01a, graham told us...
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> . 190.14...
>>> On Thu 12 Dec 2013 10:35:38a, Melba's Jammin' told us...

>>> I "cancelled" my Facebook account a very long time ago, although
>>> I think nothing ever disappears from Facebook, so my page is
>>> probably still out there somewhere. Facebook began seeming more
>>> and more like an invasion of privacy. So...I will just stick
>>> with the RFC newsgroup, and will probably never be on the
>>> Facebook RFC Cooking group again.
>>>
>>> --

>> Great! Glad to see that I am not the only one who "cancelled" FB.
>> I am now considering cancelling LinkedIn after a colleague
>> unwittingly downloaded a bug that cost him 2-3 days work.
>> Graham
>>

>I'm really leary of all the "social networking" sites. I think all
>of them can harbor many kinds of danger, e.g., privacy invasion,
>identity theft, a source for viruses and trojans, etc.
>
>Initially I used Facebook to find my cousins and old highschool and
>college friends, but we stay in touch through email now.

That is exactly what I did. Got in touch with one of my nieces and
found out that my cousin was on Facebook. I signed up with a name
that was close enough to mine that he would catch on. He did and now
we stay in touch by email. After that I erased everything and
cancelled the membership.

I can now stay in touch with many of my classmates, especially the
ones I want to since I moved back to my old home town.

One of the best times was a reunion of classes 1950 - 1960. Lots of
people I grew up with but had not seen since we moved away at the end
of my 8th grade year. A couple of childhood playmates.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:04:01 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

> Great! Glad to see that I am not the only one who "cancelled" FB. I am now
> considering cancelling LinkedIn after a colleague unwittingly downloaded a
> bug that cost him 2-3 days work.

If you ever figure out how to do it, please clue me in. I joined
because I wondered what it was all about, rarely look at it and when I
do I'm wondering how to delete the account.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16 Dec 2013 15:14:06 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

> Initially I used Facebook to find my cousins and old highschool and
> college friends, but we stay in touch through email now.

I joined FB to find long lost friends from elementary and high school.
I did and I like FB for that. It's an easy way to stay in touch. I
use an ad blocker, so I'm not inundated with ads and can ignore the
rest of the stuff they throw in my face.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2013 12:16 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:04:01 -0700, "graham" > wrote:
>
>> Great! Glad to see that I am not the only one who "cancelled" FB. I am now
>> considering cancelling LinkedIn after a colleague unwittingly downloaded a
>> bug that cost him 2-3 days work.

> If you ever figure out how to do it, please clue me in. I joined
> because I wondered what it was all about, rarely look at it and when I
> do I'm wondering how to delete the account.

You gotta read the really fine print. Some of these sites make it damn
difficult to unsubscribe.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:16:10 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 12/16/2013 9:58 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> >> Well, if he ends up there please tell him not to forget us here!!!

> > I won't be going to Facebook, Ophelia, and expect to remain here as
> > time permits.

> I'm glad to hear that. I'm on Facebook but I really don't
> trust it. A couple of months ago, when I logged in to see my
> sil's message (she's the only reason I'm on Facebook), it asked
> for my phone number!
>
> Yeah, I'll get right on that.

It's not required. I've only given them what I want to give them and
my phone number isn't it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:04:01 -0700, "graham" > wrote:
>
>> Great! Glad to see that I am not the only one who "cancelled" FB. I am
>> now
>> considering cancelling LinkedIn after a colleague unwittingly downloaded
>> bug that cost him 2-3 days work.

> If you ever figure out how to do it, please clue me in. I joined
> because I wondered what it was all about, rarely look at it and when I
> do I'm wondering how to delete the account.

I only went in once. Never been back, don't know how to get back in to
delete it even if I knew how) Msgs from there stopped coming a long time
ago.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2013 12:34 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:16:10 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>> trust it. A couple of months ago, when I logged in to see my
>> sil's message (she's the only reason I'm on Facebook), it asked
>> for my phone number!
>>
>> Yeah, I'll get right on that.
>>

> It's not required. I've only given them what I want to give them and
> my phone number isn't it.

I know it's not required, but I think they have a hell of a nerve
even asking.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:26:20 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 12/16/2013 12:16 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:04:01 -0700, "graham" > wrote:
> >
> >> Great! Glad to see that I am not the only one who "cancelled" FB. I am now
> >> considering cancelling LinkedIn after a colleague unwittingly downloaded a
> >> bug that cost him 2-3 days work.

> > If you ever figure out how to do it, please clue me in. I joined
> > because I wondered what it was all about, rarely look at it and when I
> > do I'm wondering how to delete the account.
> >

> You gotta read the really fine print. Some of these sites make it damn
> difficult to unsubscribe.

That's for sure. I'm usually distracted by something else when I'm
thinking about deleting my Linkedin account, but I Googled and found
the information this morning.

I tried using this method
http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63
but either "Helpful Links" was dead or they don't list Close Your
Account anymore.

What works is in the right hand column of that page. Click on send us
feedback button underneath "You are using the new settings page" which
brings up a feedback box. I sent feedback, but you don't have to.
Click the hotlink to Visit the Help Center at *help.linkedin.com* to
request assistance and get answers to all your Linkedin questions.
That's where to delete the account. Finding it is the hardest part.
After you figure out where to delete the account, it's easy enough to
do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:54:01 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 12/16/2013 12:34 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:16:10 -0500, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> trust it. A couple of months ago, when I logged in to see my
> >> sil's message (she's the only reason I'm on Facebook), it asked
> >> for my phone number!
> >>
> >> Yeah, I'll get right on that.
> >>

> > It's not required. I've only given them what I want to give them and
> > my phone number isn't it.

> I know it's not required, but I think they have a hell of a nerve
> even asking.

They can try. They even gave a reason. Wasn't it something about
passwords which made no sense to me, because you can reset it any time
you want.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2013 2:20 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:54:01 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 12/16/2013 12:34 PM, sf wrote:
>>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:16:10 -0500, Nancy Young

>>> It's not required. I've only given them what I want to give them and
>>> my phone number isn't it.

>> I know it's not required, but I think they have a hell of a nerve
>> even asking.
>>

> They can try. They even gave a reason. Wasn't it something about
> passwords which made no sense to me, because you can reset it any time
> you want.

It's their whole MO, trying to weasel every little bit of
personal data out of you. Creeps.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:49:47 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 12/16/2013 2:20 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:54:01 -0500, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> I know it's not required, but I think they have a hell of a nerve
> >> even asking.
> >>

> > They can try. They even gave a reason. Wasn't it something about
> > passwords which made no sense to me, because you can reset it any time
> > you want.

> It's their whole MO, trying to weasel every little bit of
> personal data out of you. Creeps.

<shrug> I personally don't care that much. They can ask and I can
say no. It's a for profit corporation and they have stockholders to
answer to these days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2013 3:03 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:49:47 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>> It's their whole MO, trying to weasel every little bit of
>> personal data out of you. Creeps.
>>

> <shrug> I personally don't care that much. They can ask and I can
> say no. It's a for profit corporation and they have stockholders to
> answer to these days.

It was how they were long before they went public, it's in their
DNA. I'm just agreeing with other people who don't like it,
either.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 15:29:08 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 12/16/2013 3:03 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:49:47 -0500, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> It's their whole MO, trying to weasel every little bit of
> >> personal data out of you. Creeps.
> >>

> > <shrug> I personally don't care that much. They can ask and I can
> > say no. It's a for profit corporation and they have stockholders to
> > answer to these days.

> It was how they were long before they went public, it's in their
> DNA. I'm just agreeing with other people who don't like it,
> either.

I think they have absolutely no reason to complain if they are not on
FB.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2013 2:04 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:26:20 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> If you ever figure out how to do it, please clue me in. I joined
>>> because I wondered what it was all about, rarely look at it and when I
>>> do I'm wondering how to delete the account.
>>>

>> You gotta read the really fine print. Some of these sites make it damn
>> difficult to unsubscribe.
>>

> That's for sure. I'm usually distracted by something else when I'm
> thinking about deleting my Linkedin account, but I Googled and found
> the information this morning.

(snippage)

I got rid of LinkedIn when they sent an email a few months ago asking
"Do you know Scott McKenzie?" Yes, I did. I also know he DIED in 2012
so he wasn't trying to contact me via LinkedIn. Unless LinkedIn is
somehow tied to the great beyond.

It's all automated. Just like FB, it's do you know so-and-so? They
know someone who knows someone they think you might know. No, thanks!

LinkedIn also kept prompting me to "upgrade" to a paid (premium?)
membership. I figured out how to unsubcribe pretty quickly.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 19:09:22 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> I got rid of LinkedIn when they sent an email a few months ago asking
> "Do you know Scott McKenzie?" Yes, I did. I also know he DIED in 2012
> so he wasn't trying to contact me via LinkedIn. Unless LinkedIn is
> somehow tied to the great beyond.
>
> It's all automated. Just like FB, it's do you know so-and-so? They
> know someone who knows someone they think you might know. No, thanks!

I guess I unsubscribed from that sort of stuff because I didn't see
it. The only time I saw friend suggestions was if I was on the site.

> LinkedIn also kept prompting me to "upgrade" to a paid (premium?)
> membership. I figured out how to unsubcribe pretty quickly.

Haven't seen that even once. Of course there's always a place where
you can upgrade, but it wasn't throwing prompts at me that I had to
close out in order to proceed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 16, 2013 7:09:22 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> It's all automated. Just like FB, it's do you know so-and-so? They
>
> know someone who knows someone they think you might know. No, thanks!
>

> LinkedIn also kept prompting me to "upgrade" to a paid (premium?)
>
> membership. I figured out how to unsubcribe pretty quickly.
>

> Jill

I built a family tree for my own purposes on one of the genealogy sites, using slightly misspelled names, pseudonyms etc. I have to laugh when they tell me they've found a match. Oh, sure, I'll contact cousin Harry at once.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 16, 2013 5:09:22 PM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 2:04 PM, sf wrote:
>
> (snippage)

<Even more snippage>

> I got rid of LinkedIn when they sent an email a few months ago asking
>
> "Do you know Scott McKenzie?" Yes, I did. I also know he DIED in 2012
>
> so he wasn't trying to contact me via LinkedIn. Unless LinkedIn is
>
> somehow tied to the great beyond.
>
> It's all automated. Just like FB, it's do you know so-and-so? They
> know someone who knows someone they think you might know. No, thanks!
>
> LinkedIn also kept prompting me to "upgrade" to a paid (premium?)
> membership. I figured out how to unsubcribe pretty quickly.
>
> Jill

When Linkedin started their spiel, I also found where to stop them too.
The "Do you know...such and such a person" stirred my anger to
the point of no return for them EVER.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2013 7:32 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Monday, December 16, 2013 7:09:22 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> It's all automated. Just like FB, it's do you know so-and-so? They
>> know someone who knows someone they think you might know. No, thanks!
>>
>> LinkedIn also kept prompting me to "upgrade" to a paid (premium?)
>>
>> membership. I figured out how to unsubcribe pretty quickly.
>>
>> Jill

> I built a family tree for my own purposes on one of the genealogy sites, using slightly misspelled names, pseudonyms etc. I have to laugh when they tell me they've found a match. Oh, sure, I'll contact cousin Harry at once.

My brother got really upset because he found a Facebook page allegedly
created by our dad. Dad never owned a computer in his life. He sure as
hell never heard of Facebook.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> My brother got really upset because he found a Facebook page allegedly
> created by our dad. Dad never owned a computer in his life. He sure as
> hell never heard of Facebook.

I mentioned that I joined and went into it once. I've never been back but
before long my kids and grands were getting all upset because I hadn't
invited them. I didn't even know what they were talking about for a while.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2013 5:12 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 06:56:47 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:21:44 -0800, Christine Dabney
>> > wrote:

>>> Couldn't he post both places?
>>>

>> Is it true that it's a closed group now? When did that happen?

> Quite a while... it's moderated... more than a year ago the powers
> that be refused to permit me to join. I read the group for a few
> hours, but I was told that I wasn't permitted to post, not that I
> tried. But the reason I was given is that several of the regulars
> didn't want me there... I'm missing nothing. In fact at first they
> didn't believe it was me, they had thought someone was impersonating
> me...

(snippage)

We didn't believe it was you years ago in RFC chat, either, remember?
You just didn't seem like the chat room type. But no one kicked you out.

Moderated groups are subject to the whims and moods of the moderator.
Someone who hasn't posted here in years used to kick me out of chat the
minute I signed in because he didn't like me. (I didn't like him
either, but I wouldn't have kicked him out.) Who needs that kind of
crap? They can keep their little online kingdoms.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2013 12:35 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:04:01 -0700, "graham" > wrote:
>>
>>> Great! Glad to see that I am not the only one who "cancelled" FB. I
>>> am now
>>> considering cancelling LinkedIn after a colleague unwittingly
>>> downloaded a
>>> bug that cost him 2-3 days work.

>> If you ever figure out how to do it, please clue me in. I joined
>> because I wondered what it was all about, rarely look at it and when I
>> do I'm wondering how to delete the account.

> I only went in once. Never been back, don't know how to get back in to
> delete it even if I knew how) Msgs from there stopped coming a long
> time ago.

It's convoluted, but if you click on Help and tell them you want to
cancel or deactivate your account you'll finally get to the instructions.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 12/16/2013 12:35 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> If you ever figure out how to do it, please clue me in. I joined
>>> because I wondered what it was all about, rarely look at it and when I
>>> do I'm wondering how to delete the account.

>> I only went in once. Never been back, don't know how to get back in to
>> delete it even if I knew how) Msgs from there stopped coming a long
>> time ago.
>>

> It's convoluted, but if you click on Help and tell them you want to cancel
> or deactivate your account you'll finally get to the instructions.

So I hear but the problem is a) I can't remember how to get back in and b)
don't remember the password I used It's been so long don't I can't say
I am too worried. The family knows the score now do don't get any more
angst) Thanks anyway

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/17/2013 10:54 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> I only went in once. Never been back, don't know how to get back in to
>>> delete it even if I knew how) Msgs from there stopped coming a long
>>> time ago.
>>>

>> It's convoluted, but if you click on Help and tell them you want to
>> cancel
>> or deactivate your account you'll finally get to the instructions.

> So I hear but the problem is a) I can't remember how to get back in and b)
> don't remember the password I used It's been so long don't I can't say
> I am too worried. The family knows the score now do don't get any more
> angst) Thanks anyway

As long as the family knows, I wouldn't bother. But I'm sure FB would
be *thrilled* if you requested your login/password info. Welcome back!
We've missed you! <G> I'd just let it alone.

Jill