Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Knorr Turkish Soup Mixes

So I went to a small local Turkish groceries and among the curiousities
we purchased I hoped would be some of these Knorr soups. There likely
12 or more of them. They ran from $2 to $3 bucks, maybe some were
cheaper. The one I noted at $3 looked as if it had some pasta in it.

But ALL of them were in Turkish with no hint of other languages. I
poked around on the internet just now to see if I could find them,
hopefully with English explanations/translations. I did find a few of
them available via Amazon, surprisingly, but most of them I could find
nowhere.

Anyone played with these before?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-07 23:26:02 +0000, gtr said:

> So I went to a small local Turkish groceries and among the curiousities
> we purchased I hoped would be some of these Knorr soups. There likely
> 12 or more of them. They ran from $2 to $3 bucks, maybe some were
> cheaper. The one I noted at $3 looked as if it had some pasta in it.
>
> But ALL of them were in Turkish with no hint of other languages. I
> poked around on the internet just now to see if I could find them,
> hopefully with English explanations/translations. I did find a few of
> them available via Amazon, surprisingly, but most of them I could find
> nowhere.
>
> Anyone played with these before?

Digging deeper at Amazon I find that likely all the Turkish soups I
noted are available online, and apparently come to Amazon directly from
Knorr. The cooking process seems to be the same for all (add 5
"glasses" of water and boil).

Still: Has any one tried them?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 6:32:48 PM UTC-5, gtr wrote:
> On 2013-07-07 23:26:02 +0000, gtr said:
>

> > So I went to a small local Turkish groceries and among the curiousities

> > we purchased I hoped would be some of these Knorr soups. There likely

> > 12 or more of them. They ran from $2 to $3 bucks, maybe some were

> > cheaper. The one I noted at $3 looked as if it had some pasta in it.

> > But ALL of them were in Turkish with no hint of other languages. I

> > poked around on the internet just now to see if I could find them,

> > hopefully with English explanations/translations. I did find a few of

> > them available via Amazon, surprisingly, but most of them I could find

> > nowhere.

> > Anyone played with these before?

> Digging deeper at Amazon I find that likely all the Turkish soups I
>
> noted are available online, and apparently come to Amazon directly from
>
> Knorr. The cooking process seems to be the same for all (add 5
>
> "glasses" of water and boil).
>

> Still: Has any one tried them?

Knorr soups are notorious for using partially hydrogenated oils, but
then you're probably too stupid to read ingredient lists.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2013 5:32 PM, gtr wrote:
> On 2013-07-07 23:26:02 +0000, gtr said:
>
>> So I went to a small local Turkish groceries and among the
>> curiousities we purchased I hoped would be some of these Knorr soups.
>> There likely 12 or more of them. They ran from $2 to $3 bucks, maybe
>> some were cheaper. The one I noted at $3 looked as if it had some
>> pasta in it.
>>
>> But ALL of them were in Turkish with no hint of other languages. I
>> poked around on the internet just now to see if I could find them,
>> hopefully with English explanations/translations. I did find a few of
>> them available via Amazon, surprisingly, but most of them I could find
>> nowhere.
>>
>> Anyone played with these before?

> Digging deeper at Amazon I find that likely all the Turkish soups I
> noted are available online, and apparently come to Amazon directly from
> Knorr. The cooking process seems to be the same for all (add 5
> "glasses" of water and boil).
>
> Still: Has any one tried them?

No, and please let us know what you think when you do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gtr" > wrote in message news:2013070716324813376-xxx@yyyzzz...
> On 2013-07-07 23:26:02 +0000, gtr said:
>
>> So I went to a small local Turkish groceries and among the curiousities
>> we purchased I hoped would be some of these Knorr soups. There likely 12
>> or more of them. They ran from $2 to $3 bucks, maybe some were cheaper.
>> The one I noted at $3 looked as if it had some pasta in it.
>>
>> But ALL of them were in Turkish with no hint of other languages. I poked
>> around on the internet just now to see if I could find them, hopefully
>> with English explanations/translations. I did find a few of them
>> available via Amazon, surprisingly, but most of them I could find
>> nowhere.
>>
>> Anyone played with these before?

> Digging deeper at Amazon I find that likely all the Turkish soups I noted
> are available online, and apparently come to Amazon directly from Knorr.
> The cooking process seems to be the same for all (add 5 "glasses" of water
> and boil).
>
> Still: Has any one tried them?

Have seen but not tried. There is a weird international food store in
Bothell. Very small place. They had them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Vegan Earthworm Holocaust" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, July 7, 2013 6:32:48 PM UTC-5, gtr wrote:
>> On 2013-07-07 23:26:02 +0000, gtr said:
>>

>> > So I went to a small local Turkish groceries and among the curiousities

>> > we purchased I hoped would be some of these Knorr soups. There likely

>> > 12 or more of them. They ran from $2 to $3 bucks, maybe some were

>> > cheaper. The one I noted at $3 looked as if it had some pasta in it.

>> > But ALL of them were in Turkish with no hint of other languages. I

>> > poked around on the internet just now to see if I could find them,

>> > hopefully with English explanations/translations. I did find a few of

>> > them available via Amazon, surprisingly, but most of them I could find

>> > nowhere.

>> > Anyone played with these before?

>> Digging deeper at Amazon I find that likely all the Turkish soups I
>>
>> noted are available online, and apparently come to Amazon directly from
>>
>> Knorr. The cooking process seems to be the same for all (add 5
>>
>> "glasses" of water and boil).
>>

>> Still: Has any one tried them?

> Knorr soups are notorious for using partially hydrogenated oils, but
> then you're probably too stupid to read ingredient lists.

Oh! That's what it is! I knew there was a reason I didn't buy them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-07 23:43:58 +0000, Vegan Earthworm Holocaust said:

>> Still: Has any one tried them?

> Knorr soups are notorious for using partially hydrogenated oils, but
> then you're probably too stupid to read ingredient lists.

Ouch! Did Gramps skip his afternoon nap today?

Speaking of being too stupid to read, here's your second opportunity:
the packages ==> *HAVE NO ENGLISH*.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 8:41:04 PM UTC-5, gtr wrote:
> On 2013-07-07 23:43:58 +0000, Vegan Earthworm Holocaust said:
>

> >> Still: Has any one tried them?

> > Knorr soups are notorious for using partially hydrogenated oils, but

> > then you're probably too stupid to read ingredient lists.

> Ouch! Did Gramps skip his afternoon nap today?

I'm 52, and my 11 YO son hasn't fathered any children.

> Speaking of being too stupid to read, here's your second opportunity:
>
> the packages ==> *HAVE NO ENGLISH*.

The info is on the internet. Use it. Knorr is crap.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 16:32:48 -0700, gtr > wrote:

>Digging deeper at Amazon I find that likely all the Turkish soups I
>noted are available online, and apparently come to Amazon directly from
>Knorr. The cooking process seems to be the same for all (add 5
>"glasses" of water and boil).
>
>Still: Has any one tried them?

All the time. A "glass" in Turkey is 200 ml so 5 of them is a liter.
To prevent lumping, make a paste with the dry soup and one or two of
the "glasses" of water in the pan before slowly working in the
remaining liquid as you keep stirring over low-medium heat and bring
the mixture to a boil. Simmer for about ten minutes partially covered.
Be careful: they boil over easily.

--
Bob
www.kanyak.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 16:32:48 -0700, gtr > wrote:

> On 2013-07-07 23:26:02 +0000, gtr said:
>
> > So I went to a small local Turkish groceries and among the curiousities
> > we purchased I hoped would be some of these Knorr soups. There likely
> > 12 or more of them. They ran from $2 to $3 bucks, maybe some were
> > cheaper. The one I noted at $3 looked as if it had some pasta in it.
> >
> > But ALL of them were in Turkish with no hint of other languages. I
> > poked around on the internet just now to see if I could find them,
> > hopefully with English explanations/translations. I did find a few of
> > them available via Amazon, surprisingly, but most of them I could find
> > nowhere.
> >
> > Anyone played with these before?

> Digging deeper at Amazon I find that likely all the Turkish soups I
> noted are available online, and apparently come to Amazon directly from
> Knorr. The cooking process seems to be the same for all (add 5
> "glasses" of water and boil).
>
> Still: Has any one tried them?

Why don't you give us a link so we know what you're talking about?
Knorr is Knorr... salty tasting with little flavor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

gtr wrote:

> Anyone played with these before?

I don't know the turkish versions, but as a child I had many times their
porcini mushrooms risotto and liked it:
http://www.knorr.it/prodotti/risotti...funghi_porcini
It's the only knorr soup we ate, the others were bland tasting and this
blandness was covered with way too much salt, or msg...
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-08 03:04:58 +0000, Vegan Earthworm Holocaust said:

>>> then you're probably too stupid to read ingredient lists.

>> Ouch! Did Gramps skip his afternoon nap today?
>>

> I'm 52, and my 11 YO son hasn't fathered any children.

So you have other reasons to be an abrasive prick, but one guess is
enough time wasted.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-08 03:06:19 +0000, Opinicus said:

> On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 16:32:48 -0700, gtr > wrote:
>
>> Digging deeper at Amazon I find that likely all the Turkish soups I
>> noted are available online, and apparently come to Amazon directly from
>> Knorr. The cooking process seems to be the same for all (add 5
>> "glasses" of water and boil).
>>
>> Still: Has any one tried them?

> All the time. A "glass" in Turkey is 200 ml so 5 of them is a liter.
> To prevent lumping, make a paste with the dry soup and one or two of
> the "glasses" of water in the pan before slowly working in the
> remaining liquid as you keep stirring over low-medium heat and bring
> the mixture to a boil. Simmer for about ten minutes partially covered.
> Be careful: they boil over easily.

Thanks for the input.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-08 04:46:18 +0000, sf said:

> Why don't you give us a link so we know what you're talking about?
> Knorr is Knorr... salty tasting with little flavor.

Because I was speaking in the generic. There is no one specific soup
that I'm trying to find out about.

> Knorr is Knorr... salty tasting with little flavor.

Generic information duly noted. That is so sadly the case with most
powdered concoctions, but fortunately not all of them. I've been having
great success with Near East products, primarily the pilaf. Still, I've
heard people speak highly of Knorr.

http://tinyurl.com/ktasatz

Knorr's salt notwithstanding, it's interesting to see so many soup
types of Turkish provenance. I got an Adamba (Polish) soup prep:
"Polish Style Krupnik - Mushroom with barley soup" from a local Russian
deli. I thought it was quite good; good enough to hunt down a few
recipes and try my own. I like the taste better from the package, but
it can't exactly be "hearty" with nothing but dehydrated stuff in it.

I may pursue Turkish soups in similar fashion as trying the packaged
varieties at least gives me the general vibe. So collecting these names
I've come up with these mostly English translations of soup varieties:

Turkish Soup Toyga with Chickpeas and Wheat
Turkish Dugun Soup
Turkish Kasik Borek Soup
Turkish Manti Soup with Mint and Yoghurt
Turkish Kafkas Soup with Cabbage and Carrot
Turkish Mahluta Soup!! W. Lentil and Cumin
Turkish Soup Yuvalama with Chickpeas and Wheat
Turkish Hanimaga Soup with Chickpea and Eristeli Soup
Yuksuk Prepared Turkish Soup W. Cheakpeas (Yuksuk Corba)
Klasik With Cream Mushroom Soup
Klasik with Cream Vegetable Soup
Regional Soup (Package: Köfteli ve Bulgurlu Anali Kizli Çorbasi - Yöresel)
Klasik Tarhana Soup
Klasik Yoghurt Soup
Klasik Lentil Soup
Klasik Ezo Gelin Soup

Digging through the Amazon pictures of packages in conjunction with
translate.google.com has been handy, explaining much about what they
are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2013 1:05:34 AM UTC-7, ViLco wrote:
> gtr wrote: > Anyone played with these before? I don't know the turkish versions, but as a child I had many times their porcini mushrooms risotto and liked it: http://www.knorr.it/prodotti/risotti...funghi_porcini It's the only knorr soup we ate, the others were bland tasting and this blandness was covered with way too much salt, or msg... -- "Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole" Anthelme Brillat Savarin

================
Germans seem to have a fondness for salty food. There's a condiment type of thing many use that's basically liquid salt. It's a brown liquid with a yellow top, can't remember it's name any longer. A business associate was very fond of it. (blech). Saw it in other homes as well, not just his.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jul 2013 10:05:34 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:

> gtr wrote:
>
> > Anyone played with these before?

> I don't know the turkish versions, but as a child I had many times their
> porcini mushrooms risotto and liked it:
> http://www.knorr.it/prodotti/risotti...funghi_porcini
> It's the only knorr soup we ate, the others were bland tasting and this
> blandness was covered with way too much salt, or msg...

I bought this a few weeks ago, but haven't used it yet.
http://www.capriflavors.com/images/f...room_cubes.jpg
I've been told it's an excellent product, but I'll use it to flavor
rice first because rice needs salt anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jul 2013 10:23:36 -0700, gtr > wrote:

> Digging through the Amazon pictures of packages in conjunction with
> translate.google.com has been handy, explaining much about what they
> are.

If you use Chrome, there's a plugin which is much easier to use.
Click on a website written in another language, it determines the
language and asks you if you want Chrome to translate it for you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-07-09 00:05:22 +0000, sf said:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2013 10:23:36 -0700, gtr > wrote:
>
>> Digging through the Amazon pictures of packages in conjunction with
>> translate.google.com has been handy, explaining much about what they
>> are.

> If you use Chrome, there's a plugin which is much easier to use.
> Click on a website written in another language, it determines the
> language and asks you if you want Chrome to translate it for you.

I'll try it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> I bought this a few weeks ago, but haven't used it yet.
> http://www.capriflavors.com/images/f...room_cubes.jpg
> I've been told it's an excellent product, but I'll use it to flavor
> rice first because rice needs salt anyway.

Wishin' you well, the few mushroom bouillion cubes I tried were not that
good... and they were at least once from Knorr, the other one from Maggi,
very industrial products.
BTW, is it true that in the USA you don't have a good opinion about porcini
mushroom? A friend who's been there some months told me he always got morels
and others but never porcini. Porcini here are considered the real deal when
talking about moshrooms, be it risotto or other dishes. I always have at
least a pack of dried porcini, usually from the local Apennine mountains,
like the Re Porcino brand packaged in Pavullo nel Frignano (Modena), 60 km
from where I live:
http://www.ilsottobosco.com/it/sched...secchi-01b.pdf
It takes less than 15 minutes to revive them in lukewarm water, and then
then it's always Autumn, or at least... a part of Autumn I really like.
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ViLco" > wrote in message
> sf wrote:
>
>> I bought this a few weeks ago, but haven't used it yet.
>> http://www.capriflavors.com/images/f...room_cubes.jpg
>> I've been told it's an excellent product, but I'll use it to flavor
>> rice first because rice needs salt anyway.

> Wishin' you well, the few mushroom bouillion cubes I tried were not that
> good... and they were at least once from Knorr, the other one from Maggi,
> very industrial products.
> BTW, is it true that in the USA you don't have a good opinion about
> porcini mushroom? A friend who's been there some months told me he always
> got morels and others but never porcini. Porcini here are considered the
> real deal when talking about moshrooms, be it risotto or other dishes. I
> always have at least a pack of dried porcini, usually from the local
> Apennine mountains, like the Re Porcino brand packaged in Pavullo nel
> Frignano (Modena), 60 km from where I live:
> http://www.ilsottobosco.com/it/sched...secchi-01b.pdf
> It takes less than 15 minutes to revive them in lukewarm water, and then
> then it's always Autumn, or at least... a part of Autumn I really like.

Porcinis are great! But they are one of the more expensive ones. I think
people here tend to use the button ones because they are cheaper. Not sure
I have ever bought morels. When I do buy them (which isn't often), I often
buy a variety but a small quantity of each. Of course it depends on what I
am making. For that South Beach stuffing, I would buy the brown button. Or
the white button if making a sauce. But I might also add some other kinds
in.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 10:10:57 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
> > I bought this a few weeks ago, but haven't used it yet.
> > http://www.capriflavors.com/images/f...room_cubes.jpg
> > I've been told it's an excellent product, but I'll use it to flavor
> > rice first because rice needs salt anyway.

> Wishin' you well, the few mushroom bouillion cubes I tried were not that
> good... and they were at least once from Knorr, the other one from Maggi,
> very industrial products.

That's why I haven't been inspired to use it ASAP. I'll just wait
until I want mushroom flavored rice and try it then.

> BTW, is it true that in the USA you don't have a good opinion about porcini
> mushroom?

I can't say I've ever seen fresh porcini mushrooms, the only type I
buy are dried and I'm not bowled over by them. I like our dried mixed
wild mushrooms (which includes morels) just as well, maybe better, and
it's certainly less expensive.

> A friend who's been there some months told me he always got morels
> and others but never porcini. Porcini here are considered the real deal when
> talking about moshrooms, be it risotto or other dishes. I always have at
> least a pack of dried porcini, usually from the local Apennine mountains,
> like the Re Porcino brand packaged in Pavullo nel Frignano (Modena), 60 km
> from where I live:
> http://www.ilsottobosco.com/it/sched...secchi-01b.pdf

Can't say I've ever seen dried porcini that large. What I see is
smaller, sliced very thinly and packaged in a bag.

> It takes less than 15 minutes to revive them in lukewarm water, and then
> then it's always Autumn, or at least... a part of Autumn I really like.

Not saying I don't have any dried porcini on hand, just saying I don't
think they are any better tasting than any other kind of dried
mushroom. To be honest, if I want a really mushroomy mushroom -
shiitake is a great one to buy AFAIAC. Fresh shiitake are a lot more
expensive than dried, but reconstituted dried shiitake are fabulous,
IMO.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2013 12:02 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 10:10:57 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>>
>>> I bought this a few weeks ago, but haven't used it yet.
>>> http://www.capriflavors.com/images/f...room_cubes.jpg
>>> I've been told it's an excellent product, but I'll use it to flavor
>>> rice first because rice needs salt anyway.

>> Wishin' you well, the few mushroom bouillion cubes I tried were not that
>> good... and they were at least once from Knorr, the other one from Maggi,
>> very industrial products.

> That's why I haven't been inspired to use it ASAP. I'll just wait
> until I want mushroom flavored rice and try it then.
>
>> BTW, is it true that in the USA you don't have a good opinion about porcini
>> mushroom?

> I can't say I've ever seen fresh porcini mushrooms, the only type I
> buy are dried and I'm not bowled over by them. I like our dried mixed
> wild mushrooms (which includes morels) just as well, maybe better, and
> it's certainly less expensive.
>
>> A friend who's been there some months told me he always got morels
>> and others but never porcini. Porcini here are considered the real deal when
>> talking about moshrooms, be it risotto or other dishes. I always have at
>> least a pack of dried porcini, usually from the local Apennine mountains,
>> like the Re Porcino brand packaged in Pavullo nel Frignano (Modena), 60 km
>> from where I live:
>> http://www.ilsottobosco.com/it/sched...secchi-01b.pdf

> Can't say I've ever seen dried porcini that large. What I see is
> smaller, sliced very thinly and packaged in a bag.
>
>> It takes less than 15 minutes to revive them in lukewarm water, and then
>> then it's always Autumn, or at least... a part of Autumn I really like.

> Not saying I don't have any dried porcini on hand, just saying I don't
> think they are any better tasting than any other kind of dried
> mushroom. To be honest, if I want a really mushroomy mushroom -
> shiitake is a great one to buy AFAIAC. Fresh shiitake are a lot more
> expensive than dried, but reconstituted dried shiitake are fabulous,
> IMO.

Packages of porcini and regular white mush rooms seem to sell for much
the same price in the markets I use. Isn't a portobello just a fully
grown porcini?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 12:40:40 -0400, James Silverton
> wrote:

> Packages of porcini and regular white mush rooms seem to sell for much
> the same price in the markets I use. Isn't a portobello just a fully
> grown porcini?

I thought portobello is a full grown crimini mushroom although this
web site says differently.
http://www.thekitchn.com/what-are-cr...ooms-a-f-73949

This one agrees with me
http://www.drgourmet.com/ingredients/mushrooms.shtml
The writer says s/he purchases dried porcini from a bulk bin, but I've
never seen them sold that way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
James Silverton > wrote:

> On 7/9/2013 12:02 PM, sf wrote:

> >> Wishin' you well, the few mushroom bouillion cubes I tried were not that
> >> good... and they were at least once from Knorr, the other one from Maggi,
> >> very industrial products.

> > That's why I haven't been inspired to use it ASAP. I'll just wait
> > until I want mushroom flavored rice and try it then.
> >
> >> BTW, is it true that in the USA you don't have a good opinion about
> >> porcini
> >> mushroom?

> > I can't say I've ever seen fresh porcini mushrooms, the only type I
> > buy are dried and I'm not bowled over by them. I like our dried mixed
> > wild mushrooms (which includes morels) just as well, maybe better, and
> > it's certainly less expensive.
> >
> >> A friend who's been there some months told me he always got morels
> >> and others but never porcini. Porcini here are considered the real deal
> >> when
> >> talking about moshrooms, be it risotto or other dishes. I always have at
> >> least a pack of dried porcini, usually from the local Apennine mountains,
> >> like the Re Porcino brand packaged in Pavullo nel Frignano (Modena), 60 km
> >> from where I live:
> >> http://www.ilsottobosco.com/it/sched...secchi-01b.pdf

> > Can't say I've ever seen dried porcini that large. What I see is
> > smaller, sliced very thinly and packaged in a bag.
> >
> >> It takes less than 15 minutes to revive them in lukewarm water, and then
> >> then it's always Autumn, or at least... a part of Autumn I really like.

> > Not saying I don't have any dried porcini on hand, just saying I don't
> > think they are any better tasting than any other kind of dried
> > mushroom. To be honest, if I want a really mushroomy mushroom -
> > shiitake is a great one to buy AFAIAC. Fresh shiitake are a lot more
> > expensive than dried, but reconstituted dried shiitake are fabulous,
> > IMO.
> >

> Packages of porcini and regular white mush rooms seem to sell for much
> the same price in the markets I use. Isn't a portobello just a fully
> grown porcini?

No. Porcini are Boletus Edulis. It's easy to tell the difference,
because boletus mushrooms have little tubes on the bottom, not gills.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Not saying I don't have any dried porcini on hand, just saying I don't
> think they are any better tasting than any other kind of dried
> mushroom. To be honest, if I want a really mushroomy mushroom -
> shiitake is a great one to buy AFAIAC. Fresh shiitake are a lot more
> expensive than dried, but reconstituted dried shiitake are fabulous,
> IMO.

I'd love to find shiitake here around, I've never seen it
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hi, yes I have tried most of the Knorr soups in Turkey. I lived there for a few years. They nearly all say add 5 glasses of water and cook and most of them are very nice. If there is a particular flavour you are wondering about, let me know and I will translate and try to help

On Monday, 8 July 2013 00:26:02 UTC+1, gtr wrote:
> So I went to a small local Turkish groceries and among the curiousities
>
> we purchased I hoped would be some of these Knorr soups. There likely
>
> 12 or more of them. They ran from $2 to $3 bucks, maybe some were
>
> cheaper. The one I noted at $3 looked as if it had some pasta in it.
>

> But ALL of them were in Turkish with no hint of other languages. I
>
> poked around on the internet just now to see if I could find them,
>
> hopefully with English explanations/translations. I did find a few of
>
> them available via Amazon, surprisingly, but most of them I could find
>
> nowhere.
>

> Anyone played with these before?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:10:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Hi, yes I have tried most of the Knorr soups in Turkey. I lived there for a few years. They nearly all say add 5 glasses of water and cook and most of them are very nice. If there is a particular flavour you are wondering about, let me know and I will translate and try to help

It is nice of you to offer to translate, but anyone who uses Knorr soup crap
in their cooking might as well just eat out of a pig trough.

--Bryan O|O
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mushrooms might help prevent breast cancer (was: Knorr TurkishSoup Mixes)

On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 11:40:40 AM UTC-5, James Silverton wrote:
> On 7/9/2013 12:02 PM, sf wrote:

> >> Wishin' you well, the few mushroom bouillion cubes I tried were not that

> >> good... and they were at least once from Knorr, the other one from Maggi,

> >> very industrial products.

> > That's why I haven't been inspired to use it ASAP. I'll just wait

> > until I want mushroom flavored rice and try it then.

> >> BTW, is it true that in the USA you don't have a good opinion about porcini

> >> mushroom?

> > I can't say I've ever seen fresh porcini mushrooms, the only type I

> > buy are dried and I'm not bowled over by them. I like our dried mixed

> > wild mushrooms (which includes morels) just as well, maybe better, and

> > it's certainly less expensive.

> >> A friend who's been there some months told me he always got morels

> >> and others but never porcini. Porcini here are considered the real deal when

> >> talking about moshrooms, be it risotto or other dishes. I always have at

> >> least a pack of dried porcini, usually from the local Apennine mountains,

> >> like the Re Porcino brand packaged in Pavullo nel Frignano (Modena), 60 km

> >> from where I live:

> >> http://www.ilsottobosco.com/it/sched...secchi-01b.pdf

> > Can't say I've ever seen dried porcini that large. What I see is

> > smaller, sliced very thinly and packaged in a bag.

> >> It takes less than 15 minutes to revive them in lukewarm water, and then

> >> then it's always Autumn, or at least... a part of Autumn I really like.

> > Not saying I don't have any dried porcini on hand, just saying I don't

> > think they are any better tasting than any other kind of dried

> > mushroom. To be honest, if I want a really mushroomy mushroom -

> > shiitake is a great one to buy AFAIAC. Fresh shiitake are a lot more

> > expensive than dried, but reconstituted dried shiitake are fabulous,

> > IMO.

> Packages of porcini and regular white mush rooms seem to sell for much
>
> the same price in the markets I use. Isn't a portobello just a fully
>
> grown porcini?

No, but this is worth reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agaricu...edicinal_value

> Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

--Bryan O|O
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2013-08-13 22:49:14 +0000, Vegan Earthworm Holocaust said:

> ...anyone who uses Knorr soup crapin their cooking might as well just
> eat out of a pig trough.

Anybody that rigid with other people's cooking might as well eat shit
right out of a pig's ass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

That was rude
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Maggi
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 6:09:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> That was rude

And three years ago, half-wit. Go away. This place is ****ed up enough without you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kinda hard to read ingredients when it's all in Turkish

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kinda hard to read ingredients when it's all in Turkish
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 12:55:15 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > Kinda hard to read ingredients when it's all in Turkish

> Whereas translating into Turskish is very easy:
>
> Kündü hürd tü rüüd üngrüdüünts whün üt's üll ün Türküsh

in the directions (1) on the back it says "5 su bardagi" and then in parenthesis "1 liter". Suspect this is the water requirement (approx 1 qt). The next line (2) probably means to stir/mix and I suspect that (3) says to boil/simmer for 20 minutes. Hope this helps.....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 17:46:49 -0700 (PDT), Alex Curtis
> wrote:

>On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 12:55:15 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>> In article >,
>> says...
>> >
>> > Kinda hard to read ingredients when it's all in Turkish

>> Whereas translating into Turskish is very easy:
>>
>> Kündü hürd tü rüüd üngrüdüünts whün üt's üll ün Türküsh

>in the directions (1) on the back it says "5 su bardagi" and then in parenthesis "1 liter". Suspect this is the water requirement (approx 1 qt). The next line (2) probably means to stir/mix and I suspect that (3) says to boil/simmer for 20 minutes. Hope this helps.....

Not Dave Smith.

Soup mixes? KenK General Cooking 23 02-08-2015 08:42 PM
Manischewitz Soup Mixes Barry General Cooking 4 13-05-2009 11:42 PM
Check out these Polish Soup mixes FERRANTE[_3_] General Cooking 3 08-03-2009 08:11 PM
Turkish Soup James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 1 13-12-2007 12:17 AM
Packet Soup Mixes Ranee Mueller General Cooking 20 24-08-2006 12:40 PM