Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whole Wheat Monkey Bread

I just made this on the fly, using what I had. Made a batch of whole wheat,
buttermilk biscuits but rather than rolling them out, I used them as the
drop kind. I also added a little cinnamon and 2 packets of Splenda to the
dough. It was on the soft side.

I then dropped the dough by spoonfuls into melted butter, rolled it to coat,
then picked it up using two spoons (it was kinda gooey) and dropped it and
rolled it into some brown sugar/Splenda mix with added cinnamon.

Put these into a buttered cake pan. There were 7 pieces in all. Should
have made them much smaller but this will do. Baked at 400 for 15 minutes.

Would have made a cream cheese glaze but had no cream cheese so made a very
small amount of cinnamon vanilla glaze with powdered sugar, a pinch of salt,
a little cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk. Really only a very small
amount because I didn't want anything overly sugary. Wanted it mainly for
effect. Drizzled that lightly over the top.

Sadly, I can't eat these because there is dairy and egg in there but they do
smell good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> I just made this on the fly, using what I had. Made a batch of whole wheat,
> buttermilk biscuits but rather than rolling them out, I used them as the
> drop kind. I also added a little cinnamon and 2 packets of Splenda to the
> dough. It was on the soft side.
>
> I then dropped the dough by spoonfuls into melted butter, rolled it to coat,
> then picked it up using two spoons (it was kinda gooey) and dropped it and
> rolled it into some brown sugar/Splenda mix with added cinnamon.
>
> Put these into a buttered cake pan. There were 7 pieces in all. Should
> have made them much smaller but this will do. Baked at 400 for 15 minutes.
>
> Would have made a cream cheese glaze but had no cream cheese so made a very
> small amount of cinnamon vanilla glaze with powdered sugar, a pinch of salt,
> a little cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk. Really only a very small
> amount because I didn't want anything overly sugary. Wanted it mainly for
> effect. Drizzled that lightly over the top.
>
> Sadly, I can't eat these because there is dairy and egg in there but they do
> smell good!

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I just made this on the fly, using what I had. Made a batch of whole
>wheat, buttermilk biscuits but rather than rolling them out, I used them as
>the drop kind. I also added a little cinnamon and 2 packets of Splenda to
>the dough. It was on the soft side.
>
> I then dropped the dough by spoonfuls into melted butter, rolled it to
> coat, then picked it up using two spoons (it was kinda gooey) and dropped
> it and rolled it into some brown sugar/Splenda mix with added cinnamon.
>
> Put these into a buttered cake pan. There were 7 pieces in all. Should
> have made them much smaller but this will do. Baked at 400 for 15
> minutes.
>
> Would have made a cream cheese glaze but had no cream cheese so made a
> very small amount of cinnamon vanilla glaze with powdered sugar, a pinch
> of salt, a little cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk. Really only a very
> small amount because I didn't want anything overly sugary. Wanted it
> mainly for effect. Drizzled that lightly over the top.
>
> Sadly, I can't eat these because there is dairy and egg in there but they
> do smell good!

When did the eggs get added?

Robert

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Robert" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I just made this on the fly, using what I had. Made a batch of whole
>>wheat, buttermilk biscuits but rather than rolling them out, I used them
>>as the drop kind. I also added a little cinnamon and 2 packets of Splenda
>>to the dough. It was on the soft side.
>>
>> I then dropped the dough by spoonfuls into melted butter, rolled it to
>> coat, then picked it up using two spoons (it was kinda gooey) and dropped
>> it and rolled it into some brown sugar/Splenda mix with added cinnamon.
>>
>> Put these into a buttered cake pan. There were 7 pieces in all. Should
>> have made them much smaller but this will do. Baked at 400 for 15
>> minutes.
>>
>> Would have made a cream cheese glaze but had no cream cheese so made a
>> very small amount of cinnamon vanilla glaze with powdered sugar, a pinch
>> of salt, a little cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk. Really only a very
>> small amount because I didn't want anything overly sugary. Wanted it
>> mainly for effect. Drizzled that lightly over the top.
>>
>> Sadly, I can't eat these because there is dairy and egg in there but they
>> do smell good!
>>

> When did the eggs get added?

One egg. You were to add it in with the liquid until you had 3/4 cup.