Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default stuffed mini-peppers

I grabbed a bag of those little mini-peppers at the market. The price
was right, and they just look so cute-
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/01...i-peppers.html

I've got the urge to stuff them. [in a vegan way]

My first thought was an umeboshi and tamarind paste mixed with rice--
fry, then serve with a black bean sauce. [inspired by this;
http://www.tastehongkong.com/recipes...hinese-style/?

Then I saw this page and I'm wavering-- spinach, potatoes, cumin,
chili, turmeric, garlic. ..
http://www.spicytreats.net/2011/06/p...t-peppers.html
[a little Mae ploy at the table, perhaps]

Might as well make it really hard for myself to choose-- what other
stuffings have you used?

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 May 2013 08:25:25 -0400, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

> I grabbed a bag of those little mini-peppers at the market. The price
> was right, and they just look so cute-
> http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/01...i-peppers.html
>
> I've got the urge to stuff them. [in a vegan way]
>
> My first thought was an umeboshi and tamarind paste mixed with rice--
> fry, then serve with a black bean sauce. [inspired by this;
> http://www.tastehongkong.com/recipes...hinese-style/?
>
> Then I saw this page and I'm wavering-- spinach, potatoes, cumin,
> chili, turmeric, garlic. ..
> http://www.spicytreats.net/2011/06/p...t-peppers.html
> [a little Mae ploy at the table, perhaps]
>
> Might as well make it really hard for myself to choose-- what other
> stuffings have you used?

I was planning to stuff mine with ricotta and spinach. No recipe - I
will wing it, but an egg will be involved... some tomato sauce, herbs
etc.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Elbrecht View Post
I grabbed a bag of those little mini-peppers at the market. The price
was right, and they just look so cute-
Kalyn's Kitchen®: Kalyn's Kitchen Picks: Sweet Mini-Peppers

I've got the urge to stuff them. [in a vegan way]

My first thought was an umeboshi and tamarind paste mixed with rice--
fry, then serve with a black bean sauce. [inspired by this;
Fried Stuffed Bell Peppers with Homemade Black Bean Sauce, Chinese Style | Hong Kong Food Blog with Recipes, Cooking Tips mostly of Chinese and Asian styles | Taste Hong Kong

Then I saw this page and I'm wavering-- spinach, potatoes, cumin,
chili, turmeric, garlic. ..
Spicy Treats: Potato Spinach Stuffed Sweet Peppers
[a little Mae ploy at the table, perhaps]

Might as well make it really hard for myself to choose-- what other
stuffings have you used?

Jim
Why dont you just eat some of the stuffing and a pepper as in an alternating fashion? Thats how we would handle it in God's Country..Texas of course. Try that. Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I stuffed some sweet mini-peppers with mozzarella cheese, wrapped them in
bacon, and my husband grilled them today. We are enjoying them!

Tara

Mini stuffed peppers Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 8 21-04-2015 01:17 AM
Stuffed Peppers Taemon Vegan 0 03-11-2005 03:13 PM
Stuffed Peppers Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-03-2005 06:08 AM
Stuffed Peppers Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 24-08-2004 03:13 AM
Stuffed Peppers pat Recipes (moderated) 0 21-08-2004 02:14 AM