Prosciutto wrapped whole milk mozzarella thing at ALDI

Old 30-04-2013, 03:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Prosciutto wrapped whole milk mozzarella thing at ALDI

Such a good thing. I was on a high today anyway. The writing is going well, and I'm on the mend from a bad sore throat, but this is the best food item in ages.

--Bryan
Old 30-04-2013, 12:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

Such a good thing. I was on a high today anyway. The writing is
going well, and I'm on the mend from a bad sore throat, but this is
the best food item in ages.

A cheese I usually find rolled in ham is "tomino", the male diminutive form
of "toma". They rock heated on a hotplate until melted inside, but I never
bougth those with ham because I fear that in the time the tomini melt the
ham would just burn.

Here's a picture, something tells me these must be done in the oven:
http://missispepper.files.wordpress....3/dscf2904.jpg

And these are the unwrapped ones, just as I do them:
http://www.ideericetteincucina.it/wp...40-300x225.jpg
http://www.ideericetteincucina.it/wp...42-300x225.jpg
http://www.ideericetteincucina.it/wp...50-300x225.jpg
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Old 30-04-2013, 10:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:50:52 AM UTC-5, ViLco wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Such a good thing. I was on a high today anyway. The writing is

going well, and I'm on the mend from a bad sore throat, but this is

the best food item in ages.

A cheese I usually find rolled in ham is "tomino", the male diminutive form

of "toma". They rock heated on a hotplate until melted inside, but I never

bougth those with ham because I fear that in the time the tomini melt the

ham would just burn.

It would never occur to me to eat it any way but unheated. I just sliced it thinly, and let it come to room temperature.

--Bryan