FoodBanter.com

-   -   Prosciutto wrapped whole milk mozzarella thing at ALDI (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/423890-prosciutto-wrapped-whole-milk.html)

Bryan[_6_] 30-04-2013 03:59 AM

Prosciutto wrapped whole milk mozzarella thing at ALDI

Such a good thing. I was on a high today anyway. The writing is going well, and I'm on the mend from a bad sore throat, but this is the best food item in ages.

--Bryan

ViLco 30-04-2013 12:50 PM

Bryan wrote:

> Such a good thing. I was on a high today anyway. The writing is
> going well, and I'm on the mend from a bad sore throat, but this is
> the best food item in ages.

A cheese I usually find rolled in ham is "tomino", the male diminutive form
of "toma". They rock heated on a hotplate until melted inside, but I never
bougth those with ham because I fear that in the time the tomini melt the
ham would just burn.

Here's a picture, something tells me these must be done in the oven:
http://missispepper.files.wordpress....3/dscf2904.jpg

And these are the unwrapped ones, just as I do them:
http://www.ideericetteincucina.it/wp...40-300x225.jpg
http://www.ideericetteincucina.it/wp...42-300x225.jpg
http://www.ideericetteincucina.it/wp...50-300x225.jpg
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Bryan[_6_] 30-04-2013 10:43 PM

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:50:52 AM UTC-5, ViLco wrote:
> Bryan wrote:
>

> > Such a good thing. I was on a high today anyway. The writing is

> > going well, and I'm on the mend from a bad sore throat, but this is

> > the best food item in ages.

> A cheese I usually find rolled in ham is "tomino", the male diminutive form
>
> of "toma". They rock heated on a hotplate until melted inside, but I never
>
> bougth those with ham because I fear that in the time the tomini melt the
>
> ham would just burn.

It would never occur to me to eat it any way but unheated. I just sliced it thinly, and let it come to room temperature.

--Bryan