Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Senior grocery discounts?

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:59:39 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> There used to be a writer for the Chronicle -- Jane Ganahl? -- who
> once wrote that she used to complain that she couldn't walk down the
> street without attracting unwanted male attention. But that now she
> had reached the age where she was invisible to men, she wasn't as
> happy as she thought she would be.

I used to be a regular subscriber, but I don't remember that name -
sorry. I googled her name and I see she has a blog. However, I
understand the sentiment! Young men don't want to oogle old women
unless they're "into" being taken care of by cougars; so the older you
get, the smaller the field (as they say). Old men oogle young women,
but they're better at hiding it than men were back in our "day" -
practice makes perfect. They certainly don't want to elicit a loud
"Eeeewww, that old man is looking at me". LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:00:39 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> Nor am I and I do get the odd interested look, but boy this sure isn't the
> old days!

Most heartily agree. I was invisible when they had DD to look at.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> I used to be a regular subscriber, but I don't remember that name -
> sorry. I googled her name and I see she has a blog. However, I
> understand the sentiment! Young men don't want to oogle old women
> unless they're "into" being taken care of by cougars; so the older you
> get, the smaller the field (as they say). Old men oogle young women,
> but they're better at hiding it than men were back in our "day" -
> practice makes perfect. They certainly don't want to elicit a loud
> "Eeeewww, that old man is looking at me". LOL

I don't get that cougar thing! I did marry a younger man but not by that
many years. But I have had much younger men online comment to me that they
like older women. So I go...like...okay... Just not getting it apparently.
And then they ask me if the thought of that excites me or something like
that. And I say, "Noooo." Frankly that sort of stuff is kind of creepy to
me.

Reminds me of the various TV talk shows that were on during the 1980's.
Once in a while they'd have a show on fat acceptance or BBWs or something
like that. There was always this very excited looking young man in the
audience. I remember him well because he had very long red hair. I got the
feeling that to him, the only thing that mattered was that the woman was
fat. And the fatter the better. I think the cougar thing is kind of the
same. They are not attracted to a particular woman. They are attracted to
the fact that she is older.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/11/2013 2:15 PM, S Viemeister wrote:

> On 4/11/2013 1:59 PM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
>> On Apr 10, 8:22 pm, sf > wrote:

>>> She could be "over a certain age", which was driven home to me when I
>>> was walking with my then (late) teenaged daughter and all eyes were on
>>> her - not me. <dramatic sniffle> What a wake up call to "old" age!
>>> I was absolutely invisible and although she was dressed modestly, she
>>> was hot stuff.
>>>

>> There used to be a writer for the Chronicle -- Jane Ganahl? -- who
>> once wrote that she used to complain that she couldn't walk down the
>> street without attracting unwanted male attention. But that now she
>> had reached the age where she was invisible to men, she wasn't as
>> happy as she thought she would be.
>>

> At railway stations, guys used to rush to help me with my bags because I
> was attractive - now they rush to help me because I'm old...

Ditto, plus now I walk with a cane.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> Nor am I and I do get the odd interested look, but boy this sure isn't
>> the old days!

> And here I just thought that people were more polite! When I was a teen,
> I used to get lots of wolf whistles. I haven't heard any men doing that
> to anyone at all lately unless perhaps they know the person. I just
> thought it had to do with people wising up and sexual abuse and such. I
> do still get compliments from men and women. But these days it is mostly
> about my shoes and purse. I like bright colors!

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:00:39 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>> Nor am I and I do get the odd interested look, but boy this sure isn't
>> the
>> old days!

> Most heartily agree. I was invisible when they had DD to look at.

Oh YES! If she is with me ... forget it!!!
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/