Alexis Siefert

Default Thank you!

Thank you, all.

Finding r.f.c and posting has invigorated my off-season cooking and
baking. During the summer months (I'm a teacher) I bring in a little
extra cash by doing small catering jobs. Cooking is, then, both a joy
and an income. Once school starts, I'm less likely to cook as much --
cooking for one, no one to bake for, no "incentive" often turns my
school-year cooking into something less than inspired.

It's been wonderful finding a community of other cooks who do this for
enjoyment. I've started cooking again. And baking and baking and
cooking and baking and, and, and...

My coworkers both curse and praise it <g>

So, thanks for the energy.

Alexis.

PS - the bake sale was a roaring success. The coconut cakes (made at
approximately 5 miniature cakes per regular sized cake-batch, I made 10
miniature cakes) went for $4.00 each, the pineapple upside down cakes
(at 8 per regular batch, I made 8) went for $3.50 each. The cinnamon
muffins were $2.00 each. And I ran out of time last night before doing
the divinity. Everything I brought was gone by 11:30 this morning.
Rick & Cyndi

"Alexis Siefert" > wrote in message
> Thank you, all.
>
> Finding r.f.c and posting has invigorated my off-season cooking and
> baking. During the summer months (I'm a teacher) I bring in a little
> extra cash by doing small catering jobs. Cooking is, then, both a joy
> and an income. Once school starts, I'm less likely to cook as much --
> cooking for one, no one to bake for, no "incentive" often turns my
> school-year cooking into something less than inspired.
>
> It's been wonderful finding a community of other cooks who do this for
> enjoyment. I've started cooking again. And baking and baking and
> cooking and baking and, and, and...
>
> My coworkers both curse and praise it <g>
>
> So, thanks for the energy.
>
> Alexis.
>
> PS - the bake sale was a roaring success. The coconut cakes (made at
> approximately 5 miniature cakes per regular sized cake-batch, I made 10
> miniature cakes) went for $4.00 each, the pineapple upside down cakes
> (at 8 per regular batch, I made 8) went for $3.50 each. The cinnamon
> muffins were $2.00 each. And I ran out of time last night before doing
> the divinity. Everything I brought was gone by 11:30 this morning.

========================

Congratulations!!!

Rick & Cyndi

"Alexis Siefert" > wrote in message
> Thank you, all.
>
> Finding r.f.c and posting has invigorated my off-season cooking and
> baking. During the summer months (I'm a teacher) I bring in a little
> extra cash by doing small catering jobs. Cooking is, then, both a joy
> and an income. Once school starts, I'm less likely to cook as much --
> cooking for one, no one to bake for, no "incentive" often turns my
> school-year cooking into something less than inspired.
>
> It's been wonderful finding a community of other cooks who do this for
> enjoyment. I've started cooking again. And baking and baking and
> cooking and baking and, and, and...
>
> My coworkers both curse and praise it <g>
>
> So, thanks for the energy.
>
> Alexis.
>
> PS - the bake sale was a roaring success. The coconut cakes (made at
> approximately 5 miniature cakes per regular sized cake-batch, I made 10
> miniature cakes) went for $4.00 each, the pineapple upside down cakes
> (at 8 per regular batch, I made 8) went for $3.50 each. The cinnamon
> muffins were $2.00 each. And I ran out of time last night before doing
> the divinity. Everything I brought was gone by 11:30 this morning.

========================

Congratulations!!!

Steve Calvin

Rick & Cyndi wrote:
> "Alexis Siefert" > wrote in message
>
>>Thank you, all.
>>
>>Finding r.f.c and posting has invigorated my off-season cooking and
>>baking. During the summer months (I'm a teacher) I bring in a little
>>extra cash by doing small catering jobs. Cooking is, then, both a joy

Cool. Sit down, jump in and remember... always keep your flame-proof
suit handy! ;-)

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

Steve Calvin