FoodBanter.com

-   -   "Gold" ice cream (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/416349-gold-ice-cream.html)

Christopher M.[_3_] 16-03-2012 01:14 AM

"Gold" ice cream

"Gold" ice cream seems to be catching on. I think it's generally a
butterscotch ice cream with some cinnamon flavoring. Some people add white
chocolate chips.

I had some in New Orleans once. And there's a US company called Hood who
makes "White Gold" ice cream.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Julie Bove[_2_] 16-03-2012 05:00 AM

"Gold" ice cream

"meh" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:14:40 -0400, "Christopher M."
> >
> wrote:
>
>>"Gold" ice cream seems to be catching on.

> Not where I am, never heard of it til now.

Me either.

Janet 16-03-2012 10:14 AM

"Gold" ice cream

In article >, says...

> "Gold" ice cream seems to be catching on. I think it's generally a
> butterscotch ice cream with some cinnamon flavoring. Some people add white
> chocolate chips.
>
> I had some in New Orleans once. And there's a US company called Hood who
> makes "White Gold" ice cream.

Probably my favourite icecream of all time is this local speciality,
Arran Gold Icecream made entirely on the island from local ingredients.
The cream is from local dairy herds and the "Gold" is (worlds best) Arran
Gold whisky liqueur from the island distillery.

http://www.whisky-cigars.co.uk/document.php?
id=scottishicecream.htm&title=Scottish+Ice+Cream

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-7027.aspx

Janet

Christopher M.[_3_] 16-03-2012 07:22 PM

"Gold" ice cream

"Janet" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
>>
>> "Gold" ice cream seems to be catching on. I think it's generally a
>> butterscotch ice cream with some cinnamon flavoring. Some people add
>> white
>> chocolate chips.
>>
>> I had some in New Orleans once. And there's a US company called Hood who
>> makes "White Gold" ice cream.

> Probably my favourite icecream of all time is this local speciality,
> Arran Gold Icecream made entirely on the island from local ingredients.
> The cream is from local dairy herds and the "Gold" is (worlds best) Arran
> Gold whisky liqueur from the island distillery.

http://www.whisky-cigars.co.uk/document.php?
> id=scottishicecream.htm&title=Scottish+Ice+Cream
>
> http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-7027.aspx
>
> Janet

Tastes like butterscotch and cinnamon?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Janet 16-03-2012 08:00 PM

"Gold" ice cream

In article >, says...

> "Janet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
says...

> >> "Gold" ice cream seems to be catching on. I think it's generally a
> >> butterscotch ice cream with some cinnamon flavoring. Some people add
> >> white
> >> chocolate chips.
> >>
> >> I had some in New Orleans once. And there's a US company called Hood who
> >> makes "White Gold" ice cream.

> > Probably my favourite icecream of all time is this local speciality,
> > Arran Gold Icecream made entirely on the island from local ingredients.
> > The cream is from local dairy herds and the "Gold" is (worlds best) Arran
> > Gold whisky liqueur from the island distillery.

http://www.whisky-cigars.co.uk/document.php?
> > id=scottishicecream.htm&title=Scottish+Ice+Cream
> >
> > http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-7027.aspx
> >
> > Janet

> Tastes like butterscotch and cinnamon?

No, like a very smooth malt whisky.

Janet

ImStillMags 16-03-2012 08:58 PM

"Gold" ice cream

On Mar 16, 1:00*pm, Janet > wrote:

I googled all over and couldn't find gold ice cream references except
ice cream with gold leaf on it.

George M. Middius[_2_] 17-03-2012 12:17 PM

"Gold" ice cream

Jean B. wrote:

>Look at the ingredients in Hood's White Gold... can you even CALL
>it ice cream?
>
>http://www.hood.com/Products/prodDet...id=2594&lb=934

I just bought some of this (Breyers):

http://www.breyers.com/products/Smoo...late_Chip.aspx

Not nearly as bad as the Hood's list.

Bryan[_6_] 17-03-2012 02:08 PM

"Gold" ice cream

On Mar 16, 9:03*pm, "Jean B." > wrote:
> Christopher M. wrote:
> > "Gold" ice cream seems to be catching on. I think it's generally a
> > butterscotch ice cream with some cinnamon flavoring. Some people add white
> > chocolate chips.

> > I had some in New Orleans once. And there's a US company called Hood who
> > makes "White Gold" ice cream.

> > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> Look at the ingredients in Hood's White Gold... *can you even CALL
> it ice cream?
>
> http://www.hood.com/Products/prodDet...id=2594&lb=934

Pretty much everything Christopher Bear Shit posts is worthless.
I wouldn't eat that garbage if it were the last ice cream on Earth.

> --
> Jean B.

--Bryan

Brooklyn1 17-03-2012 03:19 PM

"Gold" ice cream

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 22:03:06 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>Christopher M. wrote:
>> "Gold" ice cream seems to be catching on. I think it's generally a
>> butterscotch ice cream with some cinnamon flavoring. Some people add white
>> chocolate chips.
>>
>> I had some in New Orleans once. And there's a US company called Hood who
>> makes "White Gold" ice cream.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>>

>Look at the ingredients in Hood's White Gold... can you even CALL
>it ice cream?

There are quite a few ice cream companys with "Gold" in their name;
Penn Gold, Meadow Gold, Pot O Gold, Gold Bond, etal.

Bryan[_6_] 17-03-2012 03:25 PM

"Gold" ice cream

On Mar 17, 10:37*am, Gary > wrote:
> Bryan wrote:

> > > Look at the ingredients in Hood's White Gold... *can you even CALL
> > > it ice cream?

> > >http://www.hood.com/Products/prodDet...id=2594&lb=934

> > Pretty much everything Christopher Bear Shit posts is worthless.
> > I wouldn't eat that garbage if it were the last ice cream on Earth.

> Geez, settle down bryan. I very rarely eat ice cream but when I do, I'll eat
> any damn thing that tastes good to me. I don't care about ANY of the health
> consequences.

It's not just health. That's garbage ice cream. I rarely eat ice
cream either, but if I did, it would be something like Haagen-Dasz

> We are both going to die someday, my friend. *Might as well make the trip a
> pleasant one.

Life is more pleasant now that I'm not fat.

> Gary
>
> PS - my all-time favorite ice cream was: *apple pie flavored ice cream with
> reeses peanut butter cup mixed in and served on a waffle cone. *It ruled. No
> one sells that anymore though, sadly.. *:-(

Here in St. Louis they make these things called concretes with frozen
custard. You can get both apple pie and Reese's:
http://www.teddrewes.com/sitecontent/flavors.aspx

--Bryan

Bryan[_6_] 17-03-2012 03:34 PM

"Gold" ice cream

On Mar 17, 7:17*am, George M. Middius > wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
> >Look at the ingredients in Hood's White Gold... *can you even CALL
> >it ice cream?

> >http://www.hood.com/Products/prodDet...id=2594&lb=934

> I just bought some of this (Breyers):
>
> http://www.breyers.com/products/Smoo...Fat/Mint_Choco...
>
> Not nearly as bad as the Hood's list.

No, not nearly as bad as that Hood's garbage, but still substandard.
At least Breyer's uses healthy coconut oil instead of partially
hydrogenated palm kernel oil in their "chocolate flavored" chips.
Good ice cream uses REAL chocolate chips. Plus, REAL ice cream
doesn't need vegetable gums to make up for going cheap on the cream.
THIS is real ice cream: http://www.haagen-dazs.com/products/product.aspx?id=99

http://www.haagen-dazs.com/ingredien... seg=ice+cream

--Bryan

Gary 17-03-2012 03:37 PM

"Gold" ice cream

Gary 17-03-2012 04:47 PM

"Gold" ice cream

Bryan wrote:

> Life is more pleasant now that I'm not fat.

:-D

jmcquown[_2_] 17-03-2012 05:14 PM

"Gold" ice cream

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Bryan wrote:

>> > Look at the ingredients in Hood's White Gold... can you even CALL
>> > it ice cream?
>> >
>> > http://www.hood.com/Products/prodDet...id=2594&lb=934

>> Pretty much everything Christopher Bear Shit posts is worthless.
>> I wouldn't eat that garbage if it were the last ice cream on Earth.

> Geez, settle down bryan. I very rarely eat ice cream but when I do, I'll
> eat
> any damn thing that tastes good to me. I don't care about ANY of the
> health
> consequences.

You know... that's pretty much what my mother told me a few years before she
died. About 27 years ago she was put on a very restricted diet. She had
arterial blockages in her legs. So her diet was changed, but that was
mostly due to the medication. She wasn't supposed to eat eggs. She wasn't
supposed to eat crab meat. Or spinach or broccoli or any other green leafy
vegetables. After years of this, she finally said to me, "Screw it. I'm
going to eat whatever I want. At least I'll die knowing my last meal wasn't
a poached chicken breast." Go Mom! <G> When I moved here I found her a
different doctor who adjusted her medications. No more coumadin, so she
could eat green leafy vegetables again. Gee, she can eat food she likes!
Her cholesterol levels had greatly improved so crab cakes were perfectly
acceptable. And eggs :) She lived to be 82. So much for their dire
predictions and tons of pills three times a day.

I think her original doctor had a vested interest in keeping her on as many
pills as possible. He'd only prescribe them for 6 months at a time. So
she'd be forced into a $150 office visit just to renew her prescriptions.
Of course she had insurance... which tells me he was bilking Medicare as
well as Tricare. (Sorry, but that still ticks me off.)

Jill

Christopher M.[_3_] 18-03-2012 11:25 PM

"Gold" ice cream

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Bryan wrote:

>> > Look at the ingredients in Hood's White Gold... can you even CALL
>> > it ice cream?
>> >
>> > http://www.hood.com/Products/prodDet...id=2594&lb=934

>> Pretty much everything Christopher Bear Shit posts is worthless.
>> I wouldn't eat that garbage if it were the last ice cream on Earth.

> Geez, settle down bryan. I very rarely eat ice cream but when I do, I'll
> eat
> any damn thing that tastes good to me. I don't care about ANY of the
> health
> consequences.
>
> We are both going to die someday, my friend. Might as well make the trip
> pleasant one.
>

> Gary
>
> PS - my all-time favorite ice cream was: apple pie flavored ice cream
> with
> reeses peanut butter cup mixed in and served on a waffle cone. It ruled.
> No
> one sells that anymore though, sadly.. :-(

Hmm. Kind of sounds like peanut butter and jelly ice cream.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

RussianFoodDire 24-03-2012 06:23 AM

Never heard of it in our town. I guess it must be similar to butterscotch ice cream with some dark golden color.

Christopher M.[_3_] 25-03-2012 12:33 AM

"Gold" ice cream

"RussianFoodDire" > wrote in
message ...

> Never heard of it in our town. I guess it must be similar to
> butterscotch ice cream with some dark golden color.

The combination of butterscotch and cinnamon seems to create a slight
metallic flavor. Tastes like gold.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

George M. Middius[_2_] 25-03-2012 12:36 AM

"Gold" ice cream

Christopher M. wrote:

>The combination of butterscotch and cinnamon seems to create a slight
>metallic flavor. Tastes like gold.

Andy's getting ready to hit on you.