Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This is where I'll be next Sunday.......

http://www.islandmarkets.com.au/

Got a BBQ happening Monday afternoon, at this point in time, 12 people
attending.

Going to go and get a shitload of this..........!!

http://tinypic.com/m/fbi05t/3

$15.99kg !!!!!

SCORE!!!!

My new favourite markets in Hobart :-)

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:58:10 AM UTC-6, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> http://www.islandmarkets.com.au/
>

> Got a BBQ happening Monday afternoon, at this point in time, 12 people
> attending.
>
> Going to go and get a shitload of this..........!!
>
> http://tinypic.com/m/fbi05t/3

This is where I will be next week...

http://www.shipparade.com/az/Westerd...2008-04-10.JPG

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back on the laptop" wrote:

>http://www.islandmarkets.com.au/
>
>Got a BBQ happening Monday afternoon, at this point in time, 12 people
>attending.
>
>Going to go and get a shitload of this..........!!
>
>http://tinypic.com/m/fbi05t/3
>
>$15.99kg !!!!!
>
>SCORE!!!!
>
>My new favourite markets in Hobart :-)

Shitload is what it looks like. For a country supposedly noted for
beef production that's a very high price, especially for ordinary
plastic wrapped meatcase beef... Walmart beef looks better and I
wouldn't buy any of their fresh meats. If I don't see what I want at
the little stupidmarket in town the butchers will custom cut whatever
I want and at no extra cost. It's one of the few meat departments
around that sells local beef (and pork) cut from the hanging carcass;
no cryovac. You suposedly live where beef is king, WTF are you buying
that awful looking mystery meat

Hunk of beef for dinner tonight:
http://tinypic.com/r/mrsj1j/5
Ready to roast:
http://tinypic.com/r/oqyh4h/5
Got asparaguys:
http://tinypic.com/r/25rjdb4/5
Big spuds/Prince Edward Island:
http://tinypic.com/r/zv4gwk/5

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 14, 8:29*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> "I'm back on the laptop" wrote:
>

> >http://www.islandmarkets.com.au/

> >Got a BBQ happening Monday afternoon, at this point in time, 12 people
> >attending.

> >Going to go and get a shitload of this..........!!

> >http://tinypic.com/m/fbi05t/3

> >$15.99kg !!!!!

> >SCORE!!!!

> >My new favourite markets in Hobart :-)

> Shitload is what it looks like. *For a country supposedly noted for
> beef production that's a very high price, especially for ordinary
> plastic wrapped meatcase beef...

How much do you pay for a beef tenderloin? That's like $7.50 a pound
US, which seems a good deal to me.

Don't kid yourself -- your store gets cryovaced beef too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:32:21 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>George L > wrote:
>
>> This is where I will be next week...
>>
>> http://www.shipparade.com/az/Westerd...2008-04-10.JPG

>George L,
>
>Awesome ship!!!
>
>It's a small city!
>
>I visited the website and looked at the deck plans. Amazing!
>
>Also amazing that it doesn't tip over.

Wait'll it gets to Italy! hehe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy > wrote in :

> "I'm back on the laptop" > wrote:
>
>> http://www.islandmarkets.com.au/
>>

>> Got a BBQ happening Monday afternoon, at this point in time, 12

people
>> attending.
>>
>> Going to go and get a shitload of this..........!!
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/m/fbi05t/3
>>

>> $15.99kg !!!!!
>>

>> SCORE!!!!
>>

>> My new favourite markets in Hobart :-)

> Peter,
>
> DANG!!! That's quite a place!
>
> First thing I'd do is get a floor map of vendors and chart the

shortest
> way around. First stop would be to the vendor selling those foam

rubber
> shoes (with the cutout holds on top so they can expand as the feet

swell
> up.

No need to do it all in one day :-)

> It's no wonder they're closed four days a week. Stocking the vendors
> shelves probably takes that long. What chaos that must be!
>
> Maybe they deliberately weren't photographed but I didn't see any
> shopping carts. (?)

Most of the large markets around Australia don't have shopping carts.
That's left to the supermarkets.

We'll just take some carry bags.

> Have a great BBQ!

Will do :-)

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George L > wrote in

> On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:58:10 AM UTC-6, I'm back on the
> laptop wrote:
>> http://www.islandmarkets.com.au/
>>

>> Got a BBQ happening Monday afternoon, at this point in time, 12
>> people attending.
>>
>> Going to go and get a shitload of this..........!!
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/m/fbi05t/3

> This is where I will be next week...
>
> http://www.shipparade.com/az/Westerd...2008-04-10.JPG
>
> George L

Hope it stays right side up for you :-)

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 > wrote in news:b79ef821-4f94-4747-
:

> On Feb 14, 8:29*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> "I'm back on the laptop" wrote:

http://www.islandmarkets.com.au/

>> >Got a BBQ happening Monday afternoon, at this point in time, 12

people
>> >attending.

>> >Going to go and get a shitload of this..........!!

>> >http://tinypic.com/m/fbi05t/3

>> >$15.99kg !!!!!

>> >SCORE!!!!

>> >My new favourite markets in Hobart :-)

>> Shitload is what it looks like. *For a country supposedly noted for
>> beef production that's a very high price, especially for ordinary
>> plastic wrapped meatcase beef...

LMAO!!!! And you would know, right?

You wouldn't know shit from clay, even with a mouthful of each.

> How much do you pay for a beef tenderloin? That's like $7.50 a pound
> US, which seems a good deal to me.

Eye fillet/tenderloin usually sells for around $30kg..... the good
quality stuff anyway.

> Don't kid yourself -- your store gets cryovaced beef too.

The idiot must think that all meat is shipped 'naked'!!

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:58:10 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

>http://www.islandmarkets.com.au/
>

>Got a BBQ happening Monday afternoon, at this point in time, 12 people
>attending.
>
>Going to go and get a shitload of this..........!!
>
>http://tinypic.com/m/fbi05t/3
>

>$15.99kg !!!!!
>

>SCORE!!!!
>

>My new favourite markets in Hobart :-)

WOW!!!!!!!! Quickly now, PLEASE tell us where you will be on Monday!
We cannot stand not knowing!