Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Liquid coffee creamers

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 21:07:56 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> The Starbuck's Frappucinos are like syrup.

I have never understood the aura of a Frappuchino. I dunno. Maybe
it's like coffee (with cream) flavored soda without the fizz.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

http://fattedcalf.com/

> Oh, this is a good time to tell you that I went to Denny's last night
> after a party and ordered a patty melt. OMG, it was really good! I
> have good things to say about the service too.

Well, now we know you're not a black Secret Service agent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 08:46:15 -0500, "J. Clarke"
> wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:57:17 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> > > wrote:

> > > There is a restaurant here called The Fatted Calf. Great burgers.
> > >

> > I think you know how much I like my burgers, however that place is a
> > charcuterie (which you probably knew before you posted)

http://fattedcalf.com/

> > Oh, this is a good time to tell you that I went to Denny's last night
> > after a party and ordered a patty melt. OMG, it was really good! I
> > have good things to say about the service too.

> Well, now we know you're not a black Secret Service agent

You can safely assume that... but I really was surprised! We shared
the burger, so I asked for another plate when we ordered, we ordered
an add-on salad in addition to the burger and fries. He immediately
volunteered to split the salad, so I figured the salad plate would be
the extra one I asked for. We got what looked to me like two regular
salads when they arrived and the burger came to the table with two
plates. All that for $10. Needless to say, the server was tipped
generously.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:

>> > Really good coffee is really good, even black.

>> And so when I hear that someone often or usually puts a ton of other
>> stuff in their coffee I conclude they are buying it for that extra
>> stuff. *Compared to me at least they don't like coffee. *It's not a fair
>> comparison given how much I like coffee so it's very biased ...

> I wish that someone would make bottled or canned coffee drinks that
> didn't have added sugar, but just coffee and cream. The Starbuck's
> Frappucinos are like syrup.

I've even taken espresso and refrigerated it. Add water to reconsitute
to chilled Americano strength. Rather like whiskey and water diluting
the concentrated stuff down to beer strength; %^) Not nearly as good
as fresh Americano that still warm but it works in a pinch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 08:46:15 -0500, "J. Clarke"
> > wrote:
>
> > In article >,

> > says...
> > >
> > > On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:57:17 -0800 (PST), Bryan

> > > I think you know how much I like my burgers, however that place is a
> > > charcuterie (which you probably knew before you posted)

http://fattedcalf.com/

> > > Oh, this is a good time to tell you that I went to Denny's last night
> > > after a party and ordered a patty melt. OMG, it was really good! I
> > > have good things to say about the service too.

> > Well, now we know you're not a black Secret Service agent
> >

> You can safely assume that... but I really was surprised! We shared
> the burger, so I asked for another plate when we ordered, we ordered
> an add-on salad in addition to the burger and fries. He immediately
> volunteered to split the salad, so I figured the salad plate would be
> the extra one I asked for. We got what looked to me like two regular
> salads when they arrived and the burger came to the table with two
> plates. All that for $10. Needless to say, the server was tipped
> generously.

Dennys is reliable road food and I've generally had good experiences as
well. And it's about the only choice around here after 11 PM on a week
night.