Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Croissants

They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:

DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sep 4, 9:22*am, Boron Elgar > wrote:
> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>
> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>
> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>
> Boron

sweat it a little bit did ya? ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Il 04/09/2011 18:22, Boron Elgar ha scritto:

> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>
> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>
> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg

They look wonderful, really
--
Vilco
And the Family Stone
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:22:34 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>
>DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>
>http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg

Excellent! I'll take two please.

Thanks,

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 09:54:50 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Sep 4, 9:22*am, Boron Elgar > wrote:
>> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>
>> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>>
>> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>>
>> Boron

>sweat it a little bit did ya? ;-)

I could easily jump in the shower...that butter laden pastry, though,
proved a tad uncooperative at those temps.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 21:24:17 +0200, ViLco > wrote:

>Il 04/09/2011 18:22, Boron Elgar ha scritto:
>
>> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>
>> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>>
>> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg

>They look wonderful, really

Thank you so much!

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 14:31:53 -0500, Lou Decruss
> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:22:34 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:
>
>>They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>
>>DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>>
>>http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>>

>Excellent! I'll take two please.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lou

I need to offer up some jam, too.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 4, 12:22*pm, Boron Elgar > wrote:
> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>
> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>
> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>
> Boron

They look nice. Maybe I've seen better, but they look pretty good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 15:30:13 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Sep 4, 12:22*pm, Boron Elgar > wrote:
>> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>
>> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>>
>> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>>
>> Boron

>They look nice. Maybe I've seen better, but they look pretty good.

I certainly have seen better, myself, but I can honestly say they
taste as good as any I have had.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 15:30:13 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sep 4, 12:22 pm, Boron Elgar > wrote:
>>> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>>
>>> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>>>
>>> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>>>
>>> Boron

>>They look nice. Maybe I've seen better, but they look pretty good.

> I certainly have seen better, myself, but I can honestly say they
> taste as good as any I have had.

Pah! They look pretty good to me!!

--
http://www.shop.helpforheros.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/4/2011 11:22 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>
> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>
> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>
> Boron

Your croissants look wonderful, in spite of the heat. Our kitchen is
usually 78 degrees, which is comfortable most of the time.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 17:44:36 -0500, Ema Nymton >
wrote:

>On 9/4/2011 11:22 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>
>> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>>
>> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>>
>> Boron

>Your croissants look wonderful, in spite of the heat. Our kitchen is
>usually 78 degrees, which is comfortable most of the time.
>
>Becca

Thanks, Becca. I think I tolerate the heat better than Land O'Lakes
and King Arthur.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:22:34 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>
>DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>
>http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>
>Boron

They look wonderful to me. I'm sure you feel like the last rose of
summer. ;-)

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 16:17:37 -0700, wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:22:34 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:
>
>>They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>
>>DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg

>>Boron

>They look wonderful to me. I'm sure you feel like the last rose of
>summer. ;-)
>
>koko

Thank you, Koko. I am incredibly flattered by your kind remarks. YOur
results are always so wonderful looking.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>
>DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>
>http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg

You should have used fresh ants.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:33:31 -0400, wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:22:34 -0400, Boron Elgar >
>wrote:
>
>>They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>
>>DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg

>You should have used fresh ants.
>
>-- Larry

I couldn't corral enough of them with the ant buttons.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 4, 11:22*am, Boron Elgar > wrote:
> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>
> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>
> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>
> Boron

Whatever the temp in the kitchen, those are beeyootiful! I'd eat a
half dozen in a NY minute.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> On Sep 4, 11:22 am, Boron Elgar > wrote:
>> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>
>> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>>
>> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>>
>> Boron

> Whatever the temp in the kitchen, those are beeyootiful! I'd eat a
> half dozen in a NY minute.

Too late ...

--
http://www.shop.helpforheros.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:19:05 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>On Sep 4, 11:22*am, Boron Elgar > wrote:
>> They are ok, believe me, and they taste swell, but heed my advice:
>>
>> DO NOT attempt croissants when the kitchen temp is 83.
>>
>> http://i54.tinypic.com/2w3ch80.jpg
>>
>> Boron

>Whatever the temp in the kitchen, those are beeyootiful! I'd eat a
>half dozen in a NY minute.
>
>N.

Thank you. I can offer you some home made jam, too.

Boron