Aldi vs Bottom Dollar

Old 07-07-2011, 05:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Aldi vs Bottom Dollar

I have an Aldi's near where I live, and do a majority of my shopping
there. A Bottom Dollar is opening in the same area, and I was
wondering how it compares to Aldis? I heard that they had a larger
selection of meat and fresh fruits and vegtables.

Thanks

Tom
Old 07-07-2011, 05:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 7, 11:09*am, "
wrote:
I have an Aldi's near where I live, and do a majority of my shopping
there. A Bottom Dollar is opening in the same area, and I was
wondering how it compares to Aldis? I heard that they had a larger
selection of meat and fresh fruits and vegtables.

It's Aldi, not Aldi's. No apostrophe. Now, it's off to Aldi for a
couple of gallons of milk.

Thanks

Tom

--Bryan
Old 07-07-2011, 06:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:09:53 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I have an Aldi's near where I live, and do a majority of my shopping
there. A Bottom Dollar is opening in the same area, and I was
wondering how it compares to Aldis? I heard that they had a larger
selection of meat and fresh fruits and vegtables.

According to the Wikipedia article "Bottom Dollar Food competes with
other discount supermarket chains, such as PriceRite, Save-A-Lot,
Aldi, and C-Town Supermarkets", so if you're familiar with any of
those - now you know what it is.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

about it, wrote in message

I have an Aldi's near where I live, and do a majority of my shopping
there. A Bottom Dollar is opening in the same area, and I was
wondering how it compares to Aldis? I heard that they had a larger
selection of meat and fresh fruits and vegtables.

Thanks

Tom

I've not heard of the other store either. Maybe it's regional?